uffda udfa
7 years ago
At first, I thought it was great news Jordy might play at Atlanta.

I started thinking things weren't clicking until he went out vs. the Giants. We were rolling vs. Dallas without him. If Jordy plays might this have a negative effect as Aaron may try forcing it to his favorite WR?

Am I crazy for thinking we might be better off without him and sticking with what's worked so well without him? Back to back 30 plus games minus 87.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
7 years ago

Am I crazy for thinking we might be better off without him and sticking with what's worked so well without him? Back to back 30 plus games minus 87.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Yes, you are crazy... and you are not giving the full story...

As it's not back to back 30 plus games minus 87...

It's back to back to back to back to back to back 30 point games with 87 catching slightly more than 23.5% (4/17) of Rodgers touchdown passes despite basically playing about 66.7% (4/6) of the games.

If Nelson was healthy then he might be over 30% of Rodgers touchdowns over that time span. Really it's Nelson or a surprisingly good undrafted rookie... I perfer Nelson at the moment if he's healthy.

They can put Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Cook and Montgomery on the feild at the same time... hopefully someone can beat press coverage and get open.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Yes, you are crazy... and you are not giving the full story...

As it's not back to back 30 plus games minus 87...

It's back to back to back to back to back to back 30 point games with 87 catching slightly more than 23.5% (4/17) of Rodgers touchdown passes despite basically playing about 66.7% (4/6) of the games.

If Nelson was healthy then he might be over 30% of Rodgers touchdowns over that time span. Really it's Nelson or a surprisingly good undrafted rookie... I perfer Nelson at the moment if he's healthy.

They can put Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Cook and Montgomery on the feild at the same time... hopefully someone can beat press coverage and get open.

Originally Posted by: beast 

It's back to back playoff games of 30 plus points basically minus 87 for both. That is the story of this post season. I don't care what happened during the season.

Hope Jordy helps more than hurts if he's a go.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
7 years ago

It's back to back playoff games of 30 plus points basically minus 87 for both. That is the story of this post season. I don't care what happened during the season.

In other words, you don't care about anything that doesn't support your point of view in the matter...
So business as usual...

It was a good thought/questions but the fact that you don't care what happens outside your opinion undermines the entire thought/question. (Which partly proves you are crazy which you asked about)

The facts are the Packers have beated 4 NFC playoff teams during their 6 straight games of scoring 30 points or more.

In the four games Nelson finished he had 28 catches for 385 yards with 4 TDs.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

In other words, you don't care about anything that doesn't support your point of view in the matter...
So business as usual...

It was a good thought/questions but the fact that you don't care what happens outside your opinion undermines the entire thought/question. (Which partly proves you are crazy which you asked about)

The facts are the Packers have beated 4 NFC playoff teams during their 6 straight games of scoring 30 points or more.

In the four games Nelson finished he had 28 catches for 385 yards with 4 TDs.

Wow. I make a true statement that you attack and then you hammer me for redirecting this to my original point? The regular season and post season are very different things. Sorry, that you think interjecting your correction to my point which needed no correcting means I'm not respecting you. Might wanna reflect on who the disrespectful one is here.

What Jordy did in the regular season pales in comparison to the post season. He wasn't a factor in either playoff game and when he was on the field we did nothing vs. NY. He got hurt and we ripped the Giants. He didn't play vs. Dallas and we obliterated them. It's fair to question his impact in this post season where he's been no factor.

A great player for sure but him back not fully healthy may work in reverse considering he didn't help when fully healthy.

UserPostedImage

beast
7 years ago

Wow. I make a true statement that you attack and then you hammer me for redirecting this to my original point?

The original point was about chemistry of scoring 30 points on defenses, which CLEARLY goes out of the scope you are attempting to limit it to. The original point was able Nelson return having a negative impact on scoring 30 points on a teamwhich again CLEARLY goes outside the scope that you are attempting to limit it to.

Your using the very small sample, while CLEARLY ignoring the larger sample...

But playoffs are teams are different... well the Packers beat all four of the NFC playoff teams thatare no longer in it... over those 6 weeks.

The original point was addressed very well and you said you didn't care... you want to focus in on the small negative sample because that's what you do...

Rodgers had a bad start in the Giants game because he kept trying to find the hole to escape the pocket and the Giants were purposely containing Rodgers to keep him in the pocket, which made Rodgers uncomfortable. .. until Rodgers realize this and finally put full trust into his OL's pass protection and the light went on, after Nelson left the game.

So back to the original point... Nelson CLEARLY helps the chemistry of the team... at least it's clear if your smart enough to look outside of the 15 minutes that Rodgers struggled in the Giants game.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
7 years ago
While the offense has been clicking without Jordy, I do think he was missed late in the game when Dallas was surging back with two TDs and the Packers had the INT and 3 and out in the vein of "These two guys make a play because they know what the other is thinking" type of first down.

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
uffda udfa
7 years ago

The original point was about chemistry of scoring 30 points on defenses, which CLEARLY goes out of the scope you are attempting to limit it to. The original point was able Nelson return having a negative impact on scoring 30 points on a teamwhich again CLEARLY goes outside the scope that you are attempting to limit it to.

Your using the very small sample, while CLEARLY ignoring the larger sample...

But playoffs are teams are different... well the Packers beat all four of the NFC playoff teams thatare no longer in it... over those 6 weeks.

The original point was addressed very well and you said you didn't care... you want to focus in on the small negative sample because that's what you do...

Rodgers had a bad start in the Giants game because he kept trying to find the hole to escape the pocket and the Giants were purposely containing Rodgers to keep him in the pocket, which made Rodgers uncomfortable. .. until Rodgers realize this and finally put full trust into his OL's pass protection and the light went on, after Nelson left the game.

So back to the original point... Nelson CLEARLY helps the chemistry of the team... at least it's clear if your smart enough to look outside of the 15 minutes that Rodgers struggled in the Giants game.

Ask the Cowboys what the regular season had to do with the post season? Ask the 15-1 2011 Packers what their regular season had to do with their post season performance? I'm not focusing on the negative. I'm focusing solely on what has happened in the post season as that is what matters now. The 4-6 Packers didn't play today... it was the 0-0 divisional round Packers who played the 0-0 divisional round Cowboys. I understand that Jordy is a great player and was playing well at the end of the regular season but he wasn't off to a great start vs. NY IN THE PLAYOFFS. Might we have scored MORE vs. NY had he been there? Maybe.

Sterling Sharpe once played very well for us...we became more effective when he left us which doesn't diminish his greatness. Sometimes, things work better in different combos even if they're not the strongest on paper. We're rolling WITHOUT HIM...IN...THE..PLAYOFFS. Of course, I want him back and hope he plays well. However, the point of my post was addressing the possibility it MAY NOT. You wanted to take this to what Jordy did in the regular season and I simply commented that I don't care about what happened in the regular season and I don't. Not for my argument, but because I really don't care about the regular season anymore. We've moved on. I don't care about the Dallas game anymore. I care about Atlanta but you can talk about the Dallas game until opening kick on next season if you'd like but don't berate me when I'm a little more current and germane. That's not even mentioning how different playoff games are vs. regular season. You are beating this drum about us beating playoff teams in the regular season when they were NOT playoff teams and neither were we. Dallas beat us at Lambeau without Dez when we had Jordy...how much did that regular season matter or affect this game? ZERO. It's the playoffs where we usually see a huge dichotomy in our play. Good in regular season...not so good in playoffs. We have it going good in the PLAYOFFS without Nelson. I just hope if he plays limited we aren't a different offense that isn't quite as effective. Sometimes less is more.
UserPostedImage

beast
7 years ago
If you have moved on and no longer care like you say you have. .. then don't ask people about it...

It's stupid to ask about something that you don't care about and have already moved on from. ..

So go ahead move on...
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
7 years ago
Aaron's played great with Jordy on the field before and he can do it again. I get what you're saying, but you want Jordy out there if he's healthy.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (5h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.