steveishere
7 years ago

Half Full:

https://twitter.com/budcrawford402/status/820803037136613376 

Originally Posted by: GoPack1984 

LOL at first I was thinking man someones gonna try and fight that guy then I realized who it was.
Mucky Tundra
7 years ago
UserPostedImage

Adding to the meme-fest (didn't know where else to put it)
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Porforis
7 years ago
Half full:
First half defense. Yeah, the cowboys were out of sorts but the defense did about as good as I could have possibly imagined them doing in the first half. This was a 13-3 team with no glaring weaknesses on offense and the defense kept them well in check
First half offense. Kept rolling and kept piling on the points. I was happy with the results but not overconfident. Kept on saying "Keep the pedal to the metal. Can't settle for field goals" even when we were up multiple scores - The Packers just aren't solid enough to put in 4 solid quarters on offense and defense, and this secondary isn't going to be able to keep a team with a dominant line and a legitmate rushing and passing game in check all game. Defense did their job early, offense built up enough of a lead, and the Packers did just good enough to eek one out.
McCarthy - Apart from the idiotic run on 3rd and 2 on the second to last drive where even my grandma could tell they were going to run it and get slaughtered, no playcalling complaints from me on offense which is a first for me this season. Packers kept being moderately aggressive and stuck with what was working, didn't fall back into the usual conservative crap.
Micah Hyde - Dude keeps on getting better and better. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but he reminds me a bit of a less physical Charles Woodson.
Mason Crosby - Duh.

Half Empty
Defensive Adjustments - Didn't like the fact that we fell back to zone later in the game, although it's possible this was due to Burnett's injury and lack of confidence in Brice.
Clay Matthews - It's not just him that's an issue but he just doesn't seem to be a factor anymore.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
If the glass isn't half full, it's REFILLABLE@!!!

lets go packers!!!!!!!
UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
7 years ago
Tough game - always a challenge playing on the road in the playoffs. Scored early as we needed to, and the defense did just enough to get the job done. It wasn't the prettiest game, but you have to take any win you can get in postseason.

Can we add the officiating crew on the half empty? They were horrible. Glad we overcame so the Cryboys fans can go back to their usual whining.

Good job Pack!
nerdmann
7 years ago

Tough game - always a challenge playing on the road in the playoffs. Scored early as we needed to, and the defense did just enough to get the job done. It wasn't the prettiest game, but you have to take any win you can get in postseason.

Can we add the officiating crew on the half empty? They were horrible. Glad we overcame so the Cryboys fans can go back to their usual whining.

Good job Pack!

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

They let Davante get literally mugged all day, only to turn around and call a phantom DPI on us in a crucial situation. Seemed like Jerrah was spreading his money around. Good thing that last catch by Cook was irrefutable.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago
Shannon Sharpe tears Skip Bayless a new hole. Only Skippy is too stupid. Skippy ignores what doesn't suit his rant. It's amazing that Skippy argues with an All Pro NFL player. Skip probably got D's in high school PE but he knows more than a guy who excelled at the game.

Undisputed videos 
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago
Recipe for victory: Home, Dome, Dome, Dome!!!!

On last drive McCarthy/Rodgers were reckless; they should have kneeled three times, called a TO and let Mason boot the 93 yard FG.

Josh Hawkins played a great game! He played LCB in Dime after Burnett went down. They moved Randall to slot and Hyde played typically an ILB-type position, when Hawkins came in. Dallas only threw at him once and that was caught by Williams on a 24 yard deep-In on Dallas’ last drive. Hawkins was a yard off of Williams, so this was average coverage, but he used his speed to close and hit Williams as ball arrived. He had 4-5 snaps in 2Q, so before halftime they knew Hawkins was playing LCB during half-tome adjustments. There is no doubt they discussed exploiting Josh and Dak looked his way several times; but once, ONLY ONCE, did they throw in his direction. He had his WRs blanketed.

Clark played his best game and was close to dominant. He is now the starter over Guion. 11:33 1Q, He pushed Martin back into Prescott, to help cause INC on 3rd and 2 just before Dallas’ 1st FG. At 5:55 1Q he manhandled Leary pushing him back to Prescott as well. At 4:21 2Q GB was in base and he played 0 tech NT; he was d-teamed by Frederick and Martin and he was pushed back about 1.5 yards, as Elliot went by he was able to separate and grab and drag him down for 5 yrd gain, this result is better than normal given the quality of the Dallas Players involved. 1:19 2Q, he drove Leary back into Prescott causing pass to be airmailed. At 1:14 2Q, Dallas D-teamed Clark instead of Daniels, Clark got no penetration but timed his jump perfect to try to knock down pass, which was too high for him to do so. At 5:54 3Q Frederick couldn’t execute a reach block and Clark penetrated 1.5 yards into backfield, had Elliot, but missed tackle. At 1:48 in 3Q Clark was brilliant not only sniffing the screen, but tackling Elliot 1 on 1. 13:50 4Q he held his ground on d-team allowing Perry to stuff a Elliot run. 13:10 4Q he alertly prevented Prescott from scrambling right, when Prescott turned back Perry got a sack. 9:14 4Q GB in base, he’s playing 0tech NT, play goes GB left, he is engaged by Frederick, but Clark moved left 3-4 yards tracking Zeke without giving ground all the while engaging Frederick, Clark came off Frederick to make tackle, not sure how Elliot fell for 4 yards, but this was the play of a allpro NT and most of his other plays were in the 3 tech. Ted got a monster in Clark.

Saw Brice make 3 nice plays, one tackling Zeke by himself 3:38 2Q for no gain and made a nice break and track on the ball on the dropped INT dropped. Also made a nice open field tackle sticking it to Beasley, dumping him on his head. W/o the All-22 it hard to evaluate safety play. Saw him make one misstep v NYG that led to OBJ being wide open on GB’s left sideline, but Manning over threw. At 1:19 2Q he picked-up Witten on pass off from Ryan like he’d been doing it for years. At 5:54 3Q Brice was in run support and had contain and he followed the flow inside rather than executing his assignment, which led to 9 yard gain.

On D. Randall, who had a pretty bad game, one of the things that separates the men from the boys is being able to play well when injured. Randall may be one of those guys that is a stud only when feeling 100%.
luigis
7 years ago
^^^^Agree Barfan. Hawkins is probably our "purest" CB at this point, which is funny. Hawkins can blanket WRs and reminds me of Davon House. Gunter is another thing, he just makes the WR go crazy, it worked with OBJ, not so well with Dez but Gunter is making the most he can with his abilities.

Do you think Gunter and Hawkins will start against Atlanta? Same question on a different form: Should they start? I'm afraid we are going to see Randall or Rollins until they get toasted so badly that the coaches bring Hawkins.

Luis
steveishere
7 years ago
Richard Rodgers shit eating grin as he's falling over the goalline on his TD is the best.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.