PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

Mike was hired to develop Rodgers. Of there was. O Aaron, there would be no Mike. Alex Smith would have been developed by Mike instead.

That said, I take Lombardi, then Holmgren, then McCarthy.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

McCarthy didn't develop Rodgers Tom Clements did.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
RaiderPride
7 years ago
Answer this question....

When was the last time.... You have read a statement from the future first round H.O.F Q.B. about how "Coach" put together a great game plan? Have you ever heard him say... Our coach prepared us well, and we executed?

I may be wrong and so often am, but R.P. only sees articles about how AARON designed and drew up the catch in the huddle.

That is a dig on the whole GBP coaching staff. And if they lose in Atlanta, it will be a contributing factor.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Answer this question....

When was the last time.... You have read a statement from the future first round H.O.F Q.B. about how "Coach" put together a great game plan? Have you ever heard him say... Our coach prepared us well, and we executed?

I may be wrong and so often am, but R.P. only sees articles about how AARON designed and drew up the catch in the huddle.

That is a dig on the whole GBP coaching staff. And if they lose in Atlanta, it will be a contributing factor.

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride 

I watch the player locker room interviews quite a bit. What you're asking is said a helluva lot. Coach had us prepared. Great game plan. It's as if you listened to them too and slapped blinders on lol. Also, heard that they just trust the process over and over again as explanation to turning things around.

As for Aaron saying those things, yes. He has said them too.

The Hall of Fame had rounds??
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
but...has 12 said that over the last two seasons? It's 12's team in more ways than one. Aaron is running this offense. He's like an old player/coach for that side of the ball.

Sure. He's used phrases like trust the process. To credit the process to Mike McCarthy is a leap. Aaron had his own process. I honestly don't think I've heard what RP was specifically asking. Aaron will throw praise everywhere but MM.

Listen to MM's post game presser...The very end. Mike McCarthy said the end of the game was all Aaron. Mike McCarthy was just along for the ride. Mike McCarthy gets all this love but he was no factor in crunch time and that's probably a good thing.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

but...has 12 said that over the last two seasons? It's 12's team in more ways than one. Aaron is running this offense. He's like an old player/coach for that side of the ball.

Sure. He's used phrases like trust the process. To credit the process to Mike McCarthy is a leap. Aaron had his own process. I honestly don't think I've heard what RP was specifically asking. Aaron will throw praise everywhere but MM.

Listen to MM's post game presser...The very end. Mike McCarthy said the end of the game was all Aaron. Mike McCarthy was just along for the ride. Mike McCarthy gets all this love but he was no factor in crunch time and that's probably a good thing.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I will not waste my time attempting to convince someone of anything on the internet, especially someone as pig headed as you. Maybe pig headed is too strong, I should say, someone as convicted to their own narrow (my opinion) view of something.

Separately, I want to make it clear. I am not saying Mike McCarthy is the best coach in the NFL, but I can't name five better.

I've noticed a lot of fans feel entitled to Super Bowl championships and they are an embarrassment to the fanbase. You're the reason we called ungrateful and spoiled. We are spoiled, absolutely, but I for one appreciate the hell out of what this team has done and am so grateful the team I chose to follow is as successful as it has been.

The best part is when someone ignorant tool says "Patriots" as if what they are doing is a legitimate barometer. That tells me how you have no idea how difficult winning in the NFL is.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
You can't name 5 better HC's because there aren't 5 active with better records and that's the standard by which Mike McCarthy is judged. Mike Sherman had a great win % until the year Ted Thompson gutted us to justify firing him. Ironically, there were articles at Packers.com bringing up Sherman and Lombardi's winning percentage.

To benefit with having Favre and then Rodgers and posting a 10-7 record in the playoffs isn't that impressive is it?

When you want to cite cherry picked stats as your justification of his ability then it should follow that the Patriots stats are a fair gauge. Why isn't that allowable? It should be and blows out of the water this fantasy that we have it as good as we should have.

What is the answer to why 4 years out of 11 in a championship game is hailed when you know this is the Pats 6th in a row? MM's accomplishment doesn't look good in light of that fact. A team with a special QB like we have and NE has should be in a lot of championship games. They have. We haven't. What's the difference? Belichick is so much better than Mike McCarthy right? It certainly isn't because Brady is so much better than Rodgers. Our org is just not even close to their equal in accomplishments and you have to really think as to why that is? We need an HC, GM and DC that is closer to what they've had and we'd be better.

Ask NE how hard it is to win with a special HOF QB. They've proven it not to be that hard. We've made it a heckuva lot harder than they have. They're the standard if you want to look at an org. We're quite distant. Why?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

You can't name 5 better HC's because there aren't 5 active with better records and that's the standard by which Mike McCarthy is judged. Mike Sherman had a great win % until the year Ted Thompson gutted us to justify firing him. Ironically, there were articles at Packers.com bringing up Sherman and Lombardi's winning percentage.

You're free to judge McCarthy by his record, that's fine. I'm not.

I think these coaches are better than Mike McCarthy. On the grounds that I believe they get the most out of their players and maximize the players development.

Bill Bellichick
Andy Reid

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
I don't judge Mike McCarthy by his regular season record. I've listened to the guy since the day he was named, HC. It's my honest opinion that he's not very bright. More of a try hard type. No Holmgren who was very bright. Sherman was smarter than Mike McCarthy but Shermy wasn't tough or confident.

How many times have you said over the years during a game... Wow...That was a great coaching move vs. the other way around? I don't watch that many Pats games vs Packers but when I do I usually find myself thinking man Belichick is smart. It's very rare to not get or 2nd guess Belichick when you watch him work and it's not based on reputation. Bill is smart. Mike is not. Mike McCarthy is a shrinking violet in big moments. Bill is an asset. They're so different it's not comparable.

Now, Mike McCarthy beat Bill last time out at Lambeau. Bill gave his typical deference to his opponent which is part of his psychology. Mike McCarthy is a failed first year psych student and Bill is Sigmund Freud. Sucks having someone you just don't feel that confident in running your team. I'm glad you're content but you tell me all the time how I don't understand football.
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

I'm glad you're content but you tell me all the time how I don't understand football.

There you go with your hyperbolic garbage again. [whead]

As I said after the 2014 season ended. I wouldn't have been upset if Mike McCarthy and the Green Bay Packers parted ways after 2014. I do think McCarthy is a good coach, but just felt then that it was the right time to move on.

I know, I know, you wanted him gone ten years before that, blah blah, you're so smart!! Blah blah. I get it. You know everything and anything other than 16 - 0 without shutting every team out in the playoffs is DISMAL. I truly enjoy your outside of the box thinking, but just how absolutely obtuse you are makes debating with you so pointless. You neverread to understand, but rather you read to respond.

The fact that I continue to reply to you shows how stupid I am. [smh]

UserPostedImage
musccy
7 years ago
I disagree with Mike McCarthy not being smart. I think he's pretty good at looking for ways to be innovative with match ups and exploiting the versatility of players on offense.

His knock is the playoffs. The team has only been out of two games (Giants '11, San Fran '12). I don't think he gets enough credit for the team playing toe-to-toe with teams who many thought were superior (Arizona 2016 with 3 back up WRs in the game...San Fran at home 2013).

I get they blew an 18 point lead Sunday, but if Aaron Rodgers leads Davante outside, that game is probably over with a quarter to go. If Julius doesn't tell Morgan to kneel in Seattle, he may still be running through the Dakotas right now.

I'm not trying to apologize for MM. I just feel he does a better job than we give him credit for.

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.