Zero2Cool
7 years ago
The Packers WR2 Davante Adams twisted his ankle against the Cowboys and I've seen some say the following.

with it sounding likely Davante will be the 2015 version if he plays at all.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Not true and here's why.

Adams was touted as off-season MVP
Jordy Nelson lost for the year
Randall Cobb battled shoulder AC Joint all season

When Adams rolled his ankle, in my opinion, he didn't want to let the team down (see previous items listed) so continued to suit up when he should have been sat. We saw his confidence erode further and further while his QB never stopped believing in him, evidence by the plethora of targets he was getting. Amazingly enough, even with that injury, Adams was consistently getting separation. We should give him credit for that, at least.

So, why is 2016 different? Adams has his confidence back and he now knows how to play while hurt. He knows he doesn't have to be the WR1 for the Packers to win because Cobb is healthy and so is Jared Cook. He simply has to be a threat, and even with a bum ankle, he absolutely will be a threat.

While I admire Adams receiving talent, I feel he's a mental midget of sorts and can't handle the spotlight which was shining bright on him during 2015.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Does your opinion change after Mike McCarthy said if it was a regular season game he would sit him?

What about the tweet that said this just like last year's injury?

Both of those news items would give me pause and make me believe we'll see the 2015 version on Sunday. Just hoping Aaron isn't forcing them into him with the disastrous results from last year.

Most said his injury was the reason he sucked last year. If he has the same injury why change your opinion now? Inconsistent logic. Can't have it both ways. You can disagree with my take but at least it's consistent.

My only hope is Mike McCarthy is pulling a little gamesmanship and he's really just fine. We'll know pretty quickly.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

musccy
7 years ago

Most said his injury was the reason he sucked last year. If he has the same injury why change your opinion now? Inconsistent logic. Can't have it both ways. You can disagree with my take but at least it's consistent.

I'm with you on this one. Save for gamesmanship, it takes the aid of wishful thinking to conclude he'll be fine and back to normal on Sunday.

steveishere
7 years ago
Adams biggest problem last year wasn't confidence. He was running around out there like 2014 AJ Hawk like he was running in a swimming pool with his feet stuck in buckets of cement. Defenders running the route for him at half speed. If the injury leaves him running like that then there's no way he should suit up. I don't necessarily think same kind of injury automatically means exact same result though so if come Saturday he can run and cut on it then yeah we'll need him out there.
Barfarn
7 years ago
Adams will be 100% or close to it.

He went out at beginning of 2nd to last drive and only missed 2 plays [GB did call a TO out after the 1st].

His ankle was taped low, not high-very important! I watch his every movement walking in an out of the huddle, blocking, cutting running, etc. for the rest of game and there was no indication he was injured. During Dallas' last drive, the ankle had some time to stiffen. But, on GB's ensuing drive Adams looked perfectly normal, even failed to show any gimp whatsoever walking in and out of huddle.

I'm sure the ankle was as sore as heck Monday. It is in this weakened condition that the greatest risk to injury is at hand and that is why he is not practicing, also it slows recovery. Adams no doubt got treatment Sunday night, a regiment of compression, massage, elevation, icing, maybe electrical stimulation. I'm sure GB has some anti-gravity treadmills and they may have even used PRP treatments. Those micro tears will heal in a few days. All ankle sprains are not alike!

In 2015, Adams was slowed a bit by his ankle injury; but the stark lack of statistical output was caused by 2 things: (1) when he was healthy his QB stunk; and (2) he was a typical 2nd year WR in MM's system that had not mastered the playbook or mid-play route adjustments causing him not to play as fast on certain plays. Oh, and he'll be playing even faster next year.
uffda udfa
7 years ago

He went out at beginning of 2nd to last drive and only missed 2 plays [GB did call a TO out after the 1st].

His ankle was taped low, not high-very important! I watch his every movement walking in an out of the huddle, blocking, cutting running, etc. for the rest of game and there was no indication he was injured. During Dallas' last drive, the ankle had some time to stiffen. But, on GB's ensuing drive Adams looked perfectly normal, even failed to show any gimp whatsoever walking in and out of huddle.

I'm sure the ankle was as sore as heck Monday. It is in this weakened condition that the greatest risk to injury is at hand and that is why he is not practicing, also it slows recovery. Adams no doubt got treatment Sunday night, a regiment of compression, massage, elevation, icing, maybe electrical stimulation. I'm sure GB has some anti-gravity treadmills and they may have even used PRP treatments. Those micro tears will heal in a few days. All ankle sprains are not alike!

In 2015, Adams was slowed a bit by his ankle injury; but the stark lack of statistical output was caused by 2 things: (1) when he was healthy his QB stunk; and (2) he was a typical 2nd year WR in MM's system that had not mastered the playbook or mid-play route adjustments causing him not to play as fast on certain plays. Oh, and he'll be playing even faster next year.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Thank you, Doc Mackenzie. 😁

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
7 years ago
From Packer Report's, Bill Huber:

“You trying to see if I’m going to play like last year because of my ankle? I won’t be playing like last year,” he said on Thursday. --- Well, I feel better now that Davante said this. #Sarcasm

"I definitely wouldn’t play if it’s going off comfortability because it’s not going to be comfortable,” Adams said. “It’s just a matter of how much that I can put up with and go out there to where I’m able to be myself and express myself in my routes the way I do and not hurt the team by being out there. So, I’m just going to do what I can to make sure I can be available and then after that we’ll see.”
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Does your opinion change after Mike McCarthy said if it was a regular season game he would sit him?

Compiling everything I've heard (audio from players and those who've talked to him), I'm absolutely convinced he's going to have a good game. It's obvious to anyone that when someone drops easy balls its lack of focus, which often comes from lack of confidence. He didn't have confidence last year (like he does now) and his focus was shot because of how overwhelmed he was with all side stuff from last year.

Morgan Burnett is the one we have to worry about. Adams is going to do his part as he has all season.

BOOK IT BABY!!

GO PACKERS!!!!
UserPostedImage
sschind
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

That's all well and good but what everyone really wants to know is how was his breathing?

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (now) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.