MintBaconDrivel
7 years ago
John Dorsey or Eliot Wolf?

The Packers are going to keep at least one of their top personnel lieutenants, but the future of their General Manager job could be decided from outside the organization.

With Eliot Wolf pulling out of the derby to become the 49ers General Manager and Brian Gutekunst reportedly the favorite for the job, one of the potential heirs to Packers G.M. Ted Thompson’s job will remain.

But according to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the “best bet” for Thompson’s replacement could be Chiefs G.M. John Dorsey.

Continue Reading @ Darin Gantt 

Darin Gantt wrote:

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Don't forget Trent Baalke. Unbelievable amount of activity and talk about the top of our food chain.

Would love to see John Dorsey come back into the fold.

So excited to get things shaken up in our hierarchy. Been waiting a long time for this.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
7 years ago

So excited to get things shaken up in our hierarchy. Been waiting a long time for this.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I can't wait for you to hate on the next group as much as you hate on this group. ...

The grass is always appears to be greener on the other side...
UserPostedImage
beast
7 years ago

John Dorsey or Eliot Wolf?

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel 

Why would Dorsey be leaving the Chiefs again?
Could be location, team ,or Rodgers. ...

But also could be Dorset wanting a higher offer from his team just like a lot of scouts just got from the 49ers search option...
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

I can't wait for you to hate on the next group as much as you hate on this group. ...

The grass is always appears to be greener on the other side...

Originally Posted by: beast 

I loved Wolf/Holmgren. This duo leaves a lot to be desired.

Would be very surprised to feel about next tandem as I do this one as it's about mindset. Next group by default has to be more aggressive about winning Championships.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
7 years ago

I loved Wolf/Holmgren. This duo leaves a lot to be desired.

Would be very surprised to feel about next tandem as I do this one as it's about mindset. Next group by default has to be more aggressive about winning Championships.

Yeah but more aggressive doesn't automatically mean better. .. a lot of GM have gone bust being aggressive.

Mike Sherman was more aggressive... did you like him more than Thompson as GM?
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
I would've loved him but he lacked confidence and intelligence. BJ Sander will forever haunt his tenure.

Appreciated his aggression. I have consistently said I like intelligence and aggression. Stupid and aggressive is less preferable than Ted's flatline approach.

Never forget that Sherman's record was in line with our greatest coaches until Ted gutted us to justify firing Sherman. Ted just said today he wouldn't have fired Mike McCarthy based off one year. He was full of irony today.

Why must we play these games? We need a more aggressive approach whether we win it all this year or not.

Sherman went to the playoffs 4 of his 6 seasons here including 4 straight. Missed his first season going 9-7 and the aberrant last season. Had a 2-4 record in the playoffs. He wasn't good enough. He is much harder to judge given he had dual roles. May have been a lot better as simply the GM. We'll never know. Like Mike McCarthy his team's gagged in big moments. 4th and 26. Fun times.
UserPostedImage

beast
7 years ago

Never forget that Sherman's record was in line with our greatest coaches until Ted gutted us to justify firing Sherman. Ted just said today he wouldn't have fired Mike McCarthy based off one year. He was full of irony today.

Once again you are misleading to the point of straight up lies.

Sherman kept borrowing money from future cap amounts and got the team into cap hell just like Al Davis did with the Raiders and the Saints did to win their most recent Super Bowl....

At that point you have two choices... keep doing it like the Saints have and be forced to trade away star players that you can't afford to keep, while being aggressive and at a disadvantage because you can't afford enough good pieces to go around the few star players that you keep.

Or gut it as you put it, and Ted Thompson and the Raiders (post Al Davis) have done.

It had nothing to do with justifing a firing, and I think the Packers President said he was surprised when Thompson kept him that first year... and media has suggested the reason Sherman was fired was because he refused to talk or communicate with Thompson. McCarthy has been willing to talk with Thompson, even though McCarthy has suggested it sometimes feels like it falls on deaf ears (MM said it with a laugh, when talking about how he used to make FA list he was interested in every year... and I think he says he still does but maybe does not expect much anymore like he used too )
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Once again you are misleading to the point of straight up lies.

Sherman kept borrowing money from future cap amounts and got the team into cap hell just like Al Davis did with the Raiders and the Saints did to win their most recent Super Bowl....

At that point you have two choices... keep doing it like the Saints have and be forced to trade away star players that you can't afford to keep, while being aggressive and at a disadvantage because you can't afford enough good pieces to go around the few star players that you keep.

Or gut it as you put it, and Ted Thompson and the Raiders (post Al Davis) have done.

It had nothing to do with justifing a firing, and I think the Packers President said he was surprised when Thompson kept him that first year... and media has suggested the reason Sherman was fired was because he refused to talk or communicate with Thompson. McCarthy has been willing to talk with Thompson, even though McCarthy has suggested it sometimes feels like it falls on deaf ears (MM said it with a laugh, when talking about how he used to make FA list he was interested in every year... and I think he says he still does but maybe does not expect much anymore like he used too )

Nothing was misrepresented. You have spun it your way. The team was gutted to justify firing him. He said today he wasn't going to fire Mike McCarthy based off one year. Why fire a guy with a winning percentage that rivaled the greatest coaches we've ever had. Ted forced trash players on him, ones he would've never played with himself. He goes 4-12 and gets fired after one bad year with Taco Wallace at WR?

That's not consistent with what Ted said today. It makes it even more so that Ted didn't gut MM's players this year and was never going to think about firing him after one bad season so how does he purposely punish Sherman and then fire him after one bad season?

UserPostedImage

hardrocker950
7 years ago

Yeah but more aggressive doesn't automatically mean better. .. a lot of GM have gone bust being aggressive.

Mike Sherman was more aggressive... did you like him more than Thompson as GM?

I think our front office could be a bit more aggressive - but you are right, too much of anything is bad.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (9h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.