MintBaconDrivel
7 years ago
John Dorsey or Eliot Wolf?

The Packers are going to keep at least one of their top personnel lieutenants, but the future of their General Manager job could be decided from outside the organization.

With Eliot Wolf pulling out of the derby to become the 49ers General Manager and Brian Gutekunst reportedly the favorite for the job, one of the potential heirs to Packers G.M. Ted Thompson’s job will remain.

But according to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the “best bet” for Thompson’s replacement could be Chiefs G.M. John Dorsey.

Continue Reading @ Darin Gantt 

Darin Gantt wrote:

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Don't forget Trent Baalke. Unbelievable amount of activity and talk about the top of our food chain.

Would love to see John Dorsey come back into the fold.

So excited to get things shaken up in our hierarchy. Been waiting a long time for this.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
7 years ago

So excited to get things shaken up in our hierarchy. Been waiting a long time for this.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I can't wait for you to hate on the next group as much as you hate on this group. ...

The grass is always appears to be greener on the other side...
UserPostedImage
beast
7 years ago

John Dorsey or Eliot Wolf?

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel 

Why would Dorsey be leaving the Chiefs again?
Could be location, team ,or Rodgers. ...

But also could be Dorset wanting a higher offer from his team just like a lot of scouts just got from the 49ers search option...
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

I can't wait for you to hate on the next group as much as you hate on this group. ...

The grass is always appears to be greener on the other side...

Originally Posted by: beast 

I loved Wolf/Holmgren. This duo leaves a lot to be desired.

Would be very surprised to feel about next tandem as I do this one as it's about mindset. Next group by default has to be more aggressive about winning Championships.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
7 years ago

I loved Wolf/Holmgren. This duo leaves a lot to be desired.

Would be very surprised to feel about next tandem as I do this one as it's about mindset. Next group by default has to be more aggressive about winning Championships.

Yeah but more aggressive doesn't automatically mean better. .. a lot of GM have gone bust being aggressive.

Mike Sherman was more aggressive... did you like him more than Thompson as GM?
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
I would've loved him but he lacked confidence and intelligence. BJ Sander will forever haunt his tenure.

Appreciated his aggression. I have consistently said I like intelligence and aggression. Stupid and aggressive is less preferable than Ted's flatline approach.

Never forget that Sherman's record was in line with our greatest coaches until Ted gutted us to justify firing Sherman. Ted just said today he wouldn't have fired Mike McCarthy based off one year. He was full of irony today.

Why must we play these games? We need a more aggressive approach whether we win it all this year or not.

Sherman went to the playoffs 4 of his 6 seasons here including 4 straight. Missed his first season going 9-7 and the aberrant last season. Had a 2-4 record in the playoffs. He wasn't good enough. He is much harder to judge given he had dual roles. May have been a lot better as simply the GM. We'll never know. Like Mike McCarthy his team's gagged in big moments. 4th and 26. Fun times.
UserPostedImage

beast
7 years ago

Never forget that Sherman's record was in line with our greatest coaches until Ted gutted us to justify firing Sherman. Ted just said today he wouldn't have fired Mike McCarthy based off one year. He was full of irony today.

Once again you are misleading to the point of straight up lies.

Sherman kept borrowing money from future cap amounts and got the team into cap hell just like Al Davis did with the Raiders and the Saints did to win their most recent Super Bowl....

At that point you have two choices... keep doing it like the Saints have and be forced to trade away star players that you can't afford to keep, while being aggressive and at a disadvantage because you can't afford enough good pieces to go around the few star players that you keep.

Or gut it as you put it, and Ted Thompson and the Raiders (post Al Davis) have done.

It had nothing to do with justifing a firing, and I think the Packers President said he was surprised when Thompson kept him that first year... and media has suggested the reason Sherman was fired was because he refused to talk or communicate with Thompson. McCarthy has been willing to talk with Thompson, even though McCarthy has suggested it sometimes feels like it falls on deaf ears (MM said it with a laugh, when talking about how he used to make FA list he was interested in every year... and I think he says he still does but maybe does not expect much anymore like he used too )
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Once again you are misleading to the point of straight up lies.

Sherman kept borrowing money from future cap amounts and got the team into cap hell just like Al Davis did with the Raiders and the Saints did to win their most recent Super Bowl....

At that point you have two choices... keep doing it like the Saints have and be forced to trade away star players that you can't afford to keep, while being aggressive and at a disadvantage because you can't afford enough good pieces to go around the few star players that you keep.

Or gut it as you put it, and Ted Thompson and the Raiders (post Al Davis) have done.

It had nothing to do with justifing a firing, and I think the Packers President said he was surprised when Thompson kept him that first year... and media has suggested the reason Sherman was fired was because he refused to talk or communicate with Thompson. McCarthy has been willing to talk with Thompson, even though McCarthy has suggested it sometimes feels like it falls on deaf ears (MM said it with a laugh, when talking about how he used to make FA list he was interested in every year... and I think he says he still does but maybe does not expect much anymore like he used too )

Nothing was misrepresented. You have spun it your way. The team was gutted to justify firing him. He said today he wasn't going to fire Mike McCarthy based off one year. Why fire a guy with a winning percentage that rivaled the greatest coaches we've ever had. Ted forced trash players on him, ones he would've never played with himself. He goes 4-12 and gets fired after one bad year with Taco Wallace at WR?

That's not consistent with what Ted said today. It makes it even more so that Ted didn't gut MM's players this year and was never going to think about firing him after one bad season so how does he purposely punish Sherman and then fire him after one bad season?

UserPostedImage

hardrocker950
7 years ago

Yeah but more aggressive doesn't automatically mean better. .. a lot of GM have gone bust being aggressive.

Mike Sherman was more aggressive... did you like him more than Thompson as GM?

I think our front office could be a bit more aggressive - but you are right, too much of anything is bad.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (1h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (1h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (2h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (17h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
33m / Random Babble / Martha Careful

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.