Trippster
15 years ago
By Andy Tarnoff
OnMilwaukee.com
Published Sept. 3, 2008 at 10:07 a.m.

Laugh if you must, but I had an incredibly vivid, realistic dream last night ... about the Packers.

It was the kind of dream that when I woke up this morning, I thought it really happened. And, for the record, the only other time I dreamed about the Packers was the night before Super Bowl XXXI, when my overactive subconscious actually played out the entire first half.

Anyway, in my dream, it was Monday afternoon, and my Dad called me to see if I wanted to watch the season opener with him. I reluctantly agreed, because I've actually been debating boycotting the season. Having barely missed a Packers game in more than a decade, I'm still saddened and bitter about how the Brett Favre situation was handled. It pains me greatly to see Favre running around in a Jets uniform, and when I watched a little exhibition football this summer, it just left me feeling empty. In other words, I think the Packers and I need to take a little time off.

Back to my dream: I met my dad nice and early at some random, generic sports bar, and as the TV was showing pre-game warm-ups, the camera spotted what looked like Favre on the sidelines, clad in his Packers uniform. My dad and I did a double-take, and suddenly the TV crawl flashed, "Breaking news: Favre traded back to Packers."

The TV guys began to explain what went down. Apparently, this was all part of the Packers' plans. They had orchestrated Favre's trade to the Jets and used the pre-season to see if Aaron Rodgers was ready for the job as starting quarterback. When they discovered that he wasn't, they traded cornerback Tremon Williams for Favre, under a deal that was secretly done weeks ago. (In my dream, I didn't know it was Tremon Williams, but I did see that it was a cornerback with the last name of Williams -- I had to check their roster to see if my subconscious mind was accurate.)

At this point in my dream, I went crazy with excitement. I called my best friend, Eron, which is something that I would've done in real-life, and of course, he was watching the same footage as I was. All I yelled into the phone was, "Ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod!" while he yelled back, "I can't believe this! I can't believe this! I can't believe this!"

The super-vivid dream continued with kickoff. The Packers won the coin toss, and Will Blackmon received the ball and ran out of bounds at the 15-yard line, untouched.

Then Brett jogged onto the field. I quickly noticed that as he hadn't so much as practiced with the Packers since January, it was obvious that he didn't know the plays and he didn't know all the players. But Favre stood behind center and called and impromptu play, directing and pointing to receivers. He dropped back into the shotgun formation and screamed out, "Blue 58! Blue 58!"

As with many dreams, my emotions were heightened to near hysteria. This might as well have been the greatest single moment in my life. Even though I was asleep, I had goosebumps.

Favre faked a hand off to Ryan Grant and stepped up into the pocket, linebackers falling to his left and to his right. I saw him look downfield to a wide receiver streaking down the near side. Just then, his offensive protection broke down -- understandable, since Favre apparently made up this play on the fly -- and a lineman hit him, popping the ball loose. It bounced around a few times, and was eventually recovered by a Viking.

My dream-Favre just lied on the field, face down, then slowly got up with that familiar frustrated look on his face.

Unfortunately, I also got up, so I don't know how my dream game played out. But for a few minutes this morning, I was sure the game actually happened, and Brett was a Packer again. Quickly, I realized this was just a dream, that Favre was on the Jets, and that I'm not watching that game on Monday. My sports attention is squarely on the Brewers right now, and that's how it's gonna stay for the foreseeable future.

But dreams can be pretty awesome -- especially the vivid ones. If I'm lucky, I'll pick up where Favre left off in another dream someday.

Because even if it's just a dream, another year with Brett at Green Bay's helm could've been reality.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
tromadz
15 years ago
O.....k.

Did anybody else want to punch this guy in the cock after they read this or am I alone?

I've actually been debating boycotting the season. Having barely missed a Packers game in more than a decade, I'm still saddened and bitter about how the Brett Favre situation was handled. It pains me greatly to see Favre running around in a Jets uniform, and when I watched a little exhibition football this summer, it just left me feeling empty. In other words, I think the Packers and I need to take a little time off.

"Andy Jagoff" wrote:

Yeah, Favre-firster alright, not that there's anything wrong with that.

The TV guys began to explain what went down. Apparently, this was all part of the Packers' plans. They had orchestrated Favre's trade to the Jets and used the pre-season to see if Aaron Rodgers was ready for the job as starting quarterback. When they discovered that he wasn't, they traded cornerback Tremon Williams for Favre, under a deal that was secretly done weeks ago. (In my dream, I didn't know it was Tremon Williams, but I did see that it was a cornerback with the last name of Williams -- I had to check their roster to see if my subconscious mind was accurate.)

"Sillyballs Tarnoff" wrote:

1. This preseason showed Rodgers wasn't ready? Is he high or just stupid?

2. He needs to check the roster again, there's no Tremon Williams. There is, however, a Tramon Williams.

3. This passes as journalism? Wait till Alex\Packone reads this, he's gonna flip his friggin lid.

4. There was no end to that story\dream, and as a writer\story teller, that angers me. Dream Favre comes back, gets planted, gets up frustrated, and...that's it.

Andy Tarnoff, you are now on the tromadz cock-punch list.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago
Man......i don't know what to say.
Me, i'm excited about the upcoming Packer season. I guess this guy would rather dump the Packers. Thats his choice if thats what he wants to do.
Am i happy about how the whole Favre thing went down? No.
But i've been a Packer fan for a LOOOONG time. Well before Brett Favre was even born. I'm not gonna "boycott" the season because he's not here anymore. He wasn't gonna play forever anyway. I had prepared myself for this starting 2 years ago. So maybe i'm a little ahead of the curve.
UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
My goodness, it was just a dream, I have them all the time and sometimes they come true, but when you are dreaming them they do seem real at times. For a moment Andy was happy that his team was back together with Favre at the helm, to many of us Favre was the Packers and the reason being he played for so many years, and its up to that individual in how he feels and who he wants to cheer for this year!! I for one, will always cheer for Favre, again he has given me so much joy over the years its hard to just pull a switch on that and turn it off.

Like Cheesy, hes been a Packer fan way before Favre came on board, for me I became a Packers fan when Favre started playing, this is why I think its hard on some of us just to forget about Favre this season.

I for one will always be cheering for him to do well. And I am sorry that Andy had to wake up from that dream to realize it was "only a dream".
Heathiee
Trippster
15 years ago
My God People!!!! IT IS JUST A DREAM!!!!

Do all your dreams have nothing but accurate facts Trom?
"Let Your Light Shine!"
tromadz
15 years ago

My God People!!!! IT IS JUST A DREAM!!!!

Do all your dreams have nothing but accurate facts Trom?

"Trippster" wrote:

No, but I also don't publish them for the world to see.

What was the point of that article? That he wishes Brett was back? That's cool, a lot of people feel that way. Write about that, maybe even mention your dream in it. This was...a joke.

"durr, I had a dream, and brett was back! We traded some DB whose name I don't know because I'm not really a packer fan or a respectable journalsit of any type who should at least research correct names. Brett was all 'i dont need to know the playbook' cuz hes a badass and got creamed on his pass attempt. Then i totally woke up and had some cheerios. The end. God I love my writing gig. Pay me now."
Trippster
15 years ago
nice to have you back....
"Let Your Light Shine!"
tromadz
15 years ago

nice to have you back....

"Trippster" wrote:

You love it.
Packers_Finland
15 years ago
I agree with Trom. That article was a joke. Good thing you posted it though Tripp, trom can go punching people in the cock which he apparently likes.
This is a placeholder
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I guess I don't understand how Aaron proved he's not ready by his play this pre season. I thought he did a fairly decent job minus the 49ers game in which I could have, as trom says, cock-punch'd him.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.