Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
Falcons were missing Coleman [Stud RB especially receiving], Hageman DT, Collins CB and Julio was hobbled during 2nd half, but in first half GB controlled him [4 targets, 3 catches 29 yards 0 TDs; the 2nd half would not have been better for him]. This time around they’re missing there #1 CB and #1 DLman [Trufant and Clayborn]. The addition of Coleman is a huge problem. Collins for Trufant is a sizable downgrade, as is Hageman for Clayborn.

GB’s 1-2 punch at RB was Jackson and K. Davis. And here’s a bunch of guys playing that missed the Oct. game or will be more effective today: CM3, Cook, Cobb, Monty, Randle and Rollins missed the game; we didn’t know Rip was so good; it was G-Mo’s [Allison] first game' A.Rodgers played about 3 quarters [Doppleganger ¼]; and finally they realize Joe Thomas is our best ILB followed closely by Ryan and Martinez is a notch below. This time around GB is missing only a bunch of JAGs [Goodson, Pennell, Perillo, Jackson, K.Davis].

This game I expect Adams, Burnett and Julio Jones to be 100% or very close. The only question mark is Jordy; but that is easily offset by Michael, Cook and Monty playing and Janis and T. Davis having their best games this year against Atlanta]. James Jones didn’t the last 2 games of season or practice w/ 2 broken ribs in 2013; he was 7-6-41-0 and 5-2-20-0 in those 2 games [he averaged 60 yards per game otherwise], so he wasn't all that great. I expect Jordy to play some snaps and I expect him mostly to be a decoy; but if they take Jordy for granted he will hurt them.

So Atlanta is not as strong and GB’s A LOT stronger than they were in Oct; plus again 60 minute Aaron will be our QB, just like in Dallas.

In the game: Atl started with ball and got FG; GB a TD; Atl TD; GB TD, Atl. FG.

Its 14-13 we got ball w/ 8:52 2Q; GB should get 2 possessions to Atl’s 1 and start the 2nd half with ball. Unfortunately an unpressured Doppleganger missed a wide open Jordy for 1st and we had to punt; the D forced a 3 and out and Davis got a 55 yard punt return.

Rodgers gets TD and Atl responds w/ TD but fail try for 2 points.

It’s 21-19, and GB has seconds before half. Rodgers wizzed them down from their 25 to Atl 22, then to 11 w/ penalty using only 1 TO. Mason makes FG. It’s 24-19, we start w/ ball in 3rd Q.

On first drive of 2nd half w/ GB at 50, G-Mo drops a perfect throw; then on 3rd and 6 Doppleganger wasted a TO by intentionally letting play clock go to :01 to draw Atl offside. After TO, Atl blitzed and Doppleganger passed up a wide open read #1 [Jordy on slant]; and open Read #2 [Janis on in] to took an 8 yard sack, which led to a punt.

Alt responded with TD, they’re up 26-24.

Then GB drives to GB 46 and punts

The D responds with a 3 and out

Rodgers drives for TD and 2 point conv. Its 26-32

Alt scores TD its 33-32

We got 31 seconds and 2 TO to get the FG. Remember in 1st half GB scored a FG with 1 TO and 27 seconds in 1st half. This is infinitely doable.
On 2nd and 3 w/ :26 left, Doppleganger airmails an open Jordy at Atl 49.
On 3rd and 3 w/ :20 left, Doppleganger throws behind a wide open G-mo breaking outside at GB 46 for almost a pick. I guess he wasn’t breathing during those plays.
On 4th and 3 w/ :14 left, DoppleDoucheBagGanger with WRs in scramble mode, anticipates that Adams will do something, which is 100% STUPID. The ball is not even put on a WR for a contested catch. 4th and 3, knowing ya cant get ball back and the ball falls 8 yards from any receiver. This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen any QB do; this is worse than TJ Rubley by far. This is the last play, if you have to you throw it up for freakin’ grabs; you give a WR a chance! Then this classless dopple-stroke blamed Adams in the press conference.

This Doppleganger clown will not playing Sunday; soooo glad he's gone. And that is why we will win. Atl won by 1 point we were missing half our team and Aaron only played ¾ of the game.
luigis
7 years ago
I disagree about personnel being the key, I think how the team is playing is more important than who is available specially when compared to a game that was 2 months ago.

My pearls from that game:

GB 7 - ATL 3 (Q1 4:36 )

We rush 4, Ryan throws a bomb to Gabriel covered by Demetri Goodson, Ryan didn't care. Gabriel beat Goodson for the ball. This is one of the worst plays from HaHa in the season, he is covering the deep pass yet he arrives late to help Goodson, even when the ball traveled in the air for about 4 seconds. If I watch the replay it seems HaHa doesn't want to participate in the play. Absurd.

GB 7 - ATL 10 (Q2 11:53 )

We have a third and goal. Atlanta rushes 3 and yet everybody is open. Jordy is interferred blatantly in the endzone, Geronimo is wide open, Janis is open for a slant on the left, Rodgers throws to Allison for the TD. If I were the Atlanta DC I would puke after this play.

GB 21 - ATL 13 (Q2: 0:33)

Atlanta has 2nd and goal from the 5. It's a screen to Freeman on the left. We have 4 guys there: Hyde, Martinez, Ryan and Ha Ha.
Ryan and Martinez froze inexplicable and start moving towards Freeman late. Hyde is semi-blocked by Sanu. Ryan is tossed by a blocker but Martinez is ahead of Freeman but he decides not to tackle him. I have no explanation for this. And the HaHa ON PURPOSE decides not to try to tackle Freeman, he clearly avoided contact.

Final Play

I disagree with your evaluation here. Atlanta rushes 4, we have 6 (!!) blockers but somehow TJ Lang forgets to block a defender that is able to put pressure on Rodgers, he is forced to throw and to me nobody is open. This was a huge fail by Tj Lang, if he just blocks his guy then Aaron has all the time in the world to find a receiver in FG range.
Luis
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
One more thing I failed to mention.

Our OL was solid in pass blocking in October; but Sunday they will be dominant.

In Atl game Lang was hurt and Barclay played some, Lang [2 pressures] played his worst game in a few years. Lang now will play infinitely better than Lang/Barclay combo in that game

Also this is the game where Tretter got hurt, now in hindsight we can see how bad. Somehow Tretter [2 sacks, 1 pressure] played the entire game and like Lang played one of this worst as a pro. Healthy Linsley will be a huge upgrade over injured October JCT.

And of course Taylor is just better now.
mojaveson
7 years ago
That game is October seems light years away to me. And I don't think it means anything to the Packers or the Falcons right now.
Winners never quit and quitters never win. - Vince Lombardi
nerdmann
7 years ago

One more thing I failed to mention.

Our OL was solid in pass blocking in October; but Sunday they will be dominant.

In Atl game Lang was hurt and Barclay played some, Lang [2 pressures] played his worst game in a few years. Lang now will play infinitely better than Lang/Barclay combo in that game

Also this is the game where Tretter got hurt, now in hindsight we can see how bad. Somehow Tretter [2 sacks, 1 pressure] played the entire game and like Lang played one of this worst as a pro. Healthy Linsley will be a huge upgrade over injured October JCT.

And of course Taylor is just better now.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Wasn't Clay out too?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (12h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (12h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.