uffda udfa
7 years ago
Mindset. Oh, precious mindset. This is one of the many reasons we have the wrong guy running things in Green Bay.

To wit: Finley goes down with career ending injury. Our GM does what? Waits to take a converted WR, who has no speed, while reaching in the 3rd round of the draft because all the good TE's were already gone. Do you see the amount of mistakes made with that position already?

Let's start compounding: Ted gets his prized 3rd round Finley replacement into camp and it's clear this guy can't run and will NEVER be Finley. Not even close. Wait, says Ted. That is what Ted does. He waits. He's so so so patient. Meanwhile, while we're waiting for someone to develop who will never develop we're suffering from poor TE play and not adding someone who can because the belief he might develop. See the amount of mistakes made just in that alone? Add those to the above and you've got a chain of events that punished this team for years at that position. Did RR even play today?

When there is a problem in the NFL or in life most sane people FIX it. They don't wait for it to just go away. They act. Being wrong while waiting just compounds your small problem into a much bigger one. Oh, sure, it "can" work. See: Mason Crosby. However, you still are stuck with terrible play for a period of time with no guarantee it resolves itself and when you're wrong by not acting to fix a problem you get RR. We have PLENTY of RR situations under Ted Thompson that are present and we don't even need to bring those up. It's with personnel, it's with people in the organization, coaches, etc. Status quo when you don't win is not what you shoot for.

Ted only wishes to make the playoffs to maybe see what happens. Do you see the folly? Yes, it nets you all kinds of playoff appearances but you are severely outgunned because the hares out there while Ted's turtling are going for it. It's a new org all the time pressing the pedal to the metal. Meanwhile, slow and steady gets lapped as we approach the finish while the adoring fans cheer and are happy that we were even in the race as far as we were until the end because it was exciting.

This sickening sickening mentality is rampant. Complacency is king in Green Bay. It will not change until the author of it...Ted Thompson vanishes. Then, and only then, will we perhaps be the team that actually crosses the finish line first because we'll be a team that see problems and goes about fixing them not waiting them out.

Good, again, as always, is the enemy of great around here. Change...now....it's already been too late.

Ted believes you bring a knife to a gun fight because he's got the best knife fighter the game has ever seen. Well, no matter how good your knife fighter is, he's still a knife fighter and is more likely than not going to be shot dead. Who's seen that western one too many times?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

7 years ago
and he never replaced Cullen Jenkins
uffda udfa
7 years ago

and he never replaced Cullen Jenkins

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Nick Collins, ILB's, and the list could go on and on. Playing with rent a players or dollar store dudes when the team across from you is trotting out the best WR in the NFL. It's just funny. He loves his guys so much even when they're terrible.

Ron Wolf failed like anyone...but when Randy Moss came into our division. He reacted and took a bunch of corners to try and stop him. Nobody could stop Randy but he tried. Ted just amazes me. He really does. He's wholly unaffected by the pace of the NFL and is content to take the moving escalator at the airport to catch a late flight while others are running past him on the carpet to make sure the doors don't close and they get left behind. It'll just all work out thinks Ted. Well, he's missed his plane a lot over the last several years and it hasn't worked out. However, NO CHANGE...static, same, we make the playoffs don't mess with "success".

The speed of this off the field game is much too fast for him that it's gotta be blurry. Without vision the people perish and football teams die. I would bet everything that it just killed him that we didn't get Max McCaffrey on the field so someone could say...look at that street guy Ted brought in making plays in a championship game.

Z, put it in shout but Aaron asked for the org to go ALL IN...I've been beating that drum for years and years but I'm a troll. Misguided. Don't understand the cap. Is Aaron a troll. misguided and unaware of modern age cap football for saying that? He's sick of losing and bringing that knife to the gun fight. My goodness Ted wake up...wake up. You are going to go down as the guy who had the balls to stand up to Brett Favre but wasted the career of the guy you replaced him with. Show some nuts and lets go for once. Just one more time before we get to be rid of you because we all know you ain't going.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

yooperfan
7 years ago
Hopefully Thompson will be gone.
The man is just not getting it done ✅
mojaveson
7 years ago

Hopefully Thompson will be gone.
The man is just not getting it done ✅

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

[cheers]
Winners never quit and quitters never win. - Vince Lombardi
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago
Ted has made a lot of draft mistakes. Taking players a round or two too high because some other teams likes him later in the draft. Randall is a 3rd round pick at best. Rollins 5th. At best.

UserPostedImage
luigis
7 years ago
I think Thompson is an average+ GM in the draft we have to grant him he got some really good picks.

The argument "The Packers have the highest percentage of drafted players in their roster" is invalid because if we never even attempt to get a FA our players can't appear from hyperspace, we play our draftees because that's all we have.

I think Teddy's strategy is the correct one when you have the best QB in the league, that costs a lot of money so you can't just go shopping for some big name FAs.

But you live by the sword and die by the sword, we built a great offense and got eliminated by defensive collapses against SF, Seattle and Arizona we had to fix the secondary it was a must, a critical piece in the puzzle to give Rodgers another SB chance.

Teddy picked Randall and Rollins and I think he is going down with them.
Luis
The_Green_Ninja
7 years ago
I hope out "All in" QB is ready to take the pay cut when we need to "reload."
UserPostedImage
luigis
7 years ago

I hope out "All in" QB is ready to take the pay cut when we need to "reload."

Originally Posted by: The_Green_Ninja 

No, Thompson needs to pay him the most expensive extension in the history of the NFL and with the same money sign a couple of blockbuster free agents, sign the draft picks and resign the list of players Aaron just mentioned.

I'm happy Rodgers is a QB and not in charge of finances.
Luis
Bigbyfan
7 years ago
Well hopefully the reason Eliot Wolf turned down the 49ers job (besides the fact their owner is batshit crazy) is because he was promised the GM job after the season.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (12h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (12h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.