Nonstopdrivel
7 years ago
You worked with Jay Mariotti? That's a very vague statement. Technically, any number of janitors and lunch ladies could claim the same. In what capacity did you work with him? Where and when? Who are you?
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

You worked with Jay Mariotti? That's a very vague statement. Technically, any number of janitors and lunch ladies could claim the same. In what capacity did you work with him? Where and when? Who are you?

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

I produced his national radio show in Chicago. I also produced James Brown, Pete Rose and The Fabulous Sports Babe. I was pretty talented back in the day.

Oh. I worked in sports media from 1995-2002. Worked in Mpls, Chicago, Vegas and Denver. Was chased by Best Damn Sports Show on FSN but only did free lance through Al Michaels son who was my boss on Beyond the Glory. Could've done anything but family way more important than career so gave it up. When you lose the drive that made you you need to go. It was my time to go.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Bwhahaha. Uffda has been revealed. His the lunch lady. 😂 😂 😂

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Yup. Mock on. You ain't been where I've been. Haters hate. I understand athletes and coaches due to years of dealing with them. I have a different perspective from you based on my experiences. Dealing with homer fans who really don't get it has been a pet peeve for years. Believe me. Bigly.

EDIT: Who am I? You know. Just a troll who knows little about the game.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
7 years ago

Stop with the trolling self protection angle.

I'm just stupid.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Honestly... it's very hard to believe you're stupid (and I don't believe that you are).

Stupid people normally can't perfectly reverse an argument as often as you have. Usually it takes a very smart and good debater to do that trick often. Which is why it seems like you're purposely doing it to cause confusion and frustration.

If you're do it completely by mistake, then you're right, I shouldn't be using that word...
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Honestly... it's very hard to believe you're stupid (and I don't believe that you are).

Stupid people normally can't perfectly reverse an argument as often as you have. Usually it takes a very smart and good debater to do that trick often. Which is why it seems like you're purposely doing it to cause confusion and frustration.

If you're do it completely by mistake, then you're right, I shouldn't be using that word...

Originally Posted by: beast 

I just don't know how you can call Bob a liar when he might have been right. Barfarn called him one. There's no way for any of us to know. However, saying he was wrong but he couldn't possibly have known. You couldn't possibly know, nor could I, or anyone else, so how is Bob a liar? Bob is entitled to his belief like Barfarn was entitled to his about Richard Rodgers.

Sorry, that I come across as abrasive at times. Really is not my goal. I realize how I'm perceived here and it will never change. It can't. It won't. People are who they are and see how they see or how they want to see.

Back to Bob... Nobody is right all the time. All my wrong opinions are thrown in my face because people love doing that to me. However, I'm right a ton and nobody says a word. It's kind of like this big gotcha moment above where it was insinuated I was likely just a cafeteria worker hiding behind that working with Jay thing to appear big. As soon as I told the truth about the actual connection everyone just vanished. Not a single comment. Nothing. However, had I been anything less than what they considered to be good/legit I would've been railed. Just how it works and I know that. I've been through it enough and dealt with sports fans of countless teams and they're always the same but the fans who behave the way they do have no clue that they're just exactly like fans of anything everywhere. When you are above it so to speak you can really see it. Like a picture from a drone vs. the ground. My perspective is different. I can't explain what it's like being the drone, I just know how limited a ground picture taker is in comparison. Bob is a victim of his own objectivity and fans hate him for it. He does his job better than anyone else in our media. Our media is extremely Packers friendly and wholly subjective. Bob isn't always right and he's not 100% immune to some subjectivity but on the whole he does his job better and as it should be done and I greatly respect him for it. I just shake my head at his haters. It's just so so typical. Just like it is with anything or anyone who is counter to your perception. The really sad thing though is people who hate Bob aren't honest enough to admit the real reason. It's because he's objective and the extremely subjective reader freaking hates it. I just picture his readers with their fingers in their ears so to speak while reading him if they even are brave enough. Same things happens here with "negative" or "troll" written opinions. It's really something else. My fandom can be questioned but I assure you I'm a rabid Packers observer. I've spent a lot of my money as a younger man buying way overpriced tix to see this team play in Lambeau which was still a road game for me, and out in SF. I was there in the stands when we crushed SF on a rainy Sunday at The Stick wearing my Favre jersey in a sea of red. 400 bucks for the ticket way back in the late 90's. I was there for Ice Bowl II when we beat Carolina. 330 bucks for that ticket down low in the corner. I was there the week prior watching Desmond return it for 6 vs. SF on the muddy field. I was there in the stadium for the parade. I've been in the press room listening to Favre, Holmgren, Wolf, etc. That was only once, but I was there. Been in the press box, too, also once. So, I really tire of the insults about how I'm not a fan because I have a critical eye and expect greatness from a place that calls itself, TITLE TOWN. If we want to be better than Cleveland and proud of it, then let's just call ourselves Better than Cleveland Town. It's an affront to this org to lose like this today. It's sad how little our fanbase expects of this team especially given Aaron Rodgers. Most of you bum me out while I just make you angry.

UserPostedImage

Barfarn
7 years ago
McGinn is dishonest as demonstrated by his "reporting" on Mason Foster, Brandon Burks, his recent Ted Fizzles article and saying he talk to "friends" of Wolf.

If McGinn saw Ted walk across the Fox River, he'd report that Ted cant swim.

McGinn is a complete jerk as demonstrated by his sticking his half blind injured wife in a cab and cackling over the suffering and misery his articles have cause players.

McGinn is also a toxic opportunist and divisive prick. This recent Ted fizzle article, if legitimate, was no less valid after the Detroit, NYG or Dallas wins. But, he waits to spring it after the Champ game loss and did the same thing after loss to AZ last year. His goal is to pour salt in a wound create discord with 1265 and the fan base, not use principles of decency and journalistic integrity to report...Just like felony stalker and girlfriend-beater Jay Mariotti, who got Ozzie Guillen so mad he called Mariotta a "piece of shit and a fucking fag." In Ozzie's apology for using a gay slur he spent 4 minutes called Mariotti "garbage" "a piece of shit" "idiot" several times.
uffda udfa
7 years ago

McGinn is dishonest as demonstrated by his "reporting" on Mason Foster, Brandon Burks, his recent Ted Fizzles article and saying he talk to "friends" of Wolf.

If McGinn saw Ted walk across the Fox River, he'd report that Ted cant swim.

McGinn is a complete jerk as demonstrated by his sticking his half blind injured wife in a cab and cackling over the suffering and misery his articles have cause players.

McGinn is also a toxic opportunist and divisive prick. This recent Ted fizzle article, if legitimate, was no less valid after the Detroit, NYG or Dallas wins. But, he waits to spring it after the Champ game loss and did the same thing after loss to AZ last year. His goal is to pour salt in a wound create discord with 1265 and the fan base, not use principles of decency and journalistic integrity to report...Just like felony stalker and girlfriend-beater Jay Mariotti, who got Ozzie Guillen so mad he called Mariotta a "piece of shit and a fucking fag." In Ozzie's apology for using a gay slur he spent 4 minutes called Mariotti "garbage" "a piece of shit" "idiot" several times.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

See, this is funny to me. You act as if you're telling me something. I watched this stuff. I worked with Jay and remember how proud he was when he'd gotten Jerry Krause all riled just by his presence at his presser. Jerry called him out by name and told Mr. Mariotti to wipe that smirk off his face. Saw Jay 5 days a week for more than a year. I was around all types. The thing you fail to understand or account for is the WHY? Why are these public figures so angry? They'll tell you they don't pay attention to the media. If they truly don't why the rage? Why would Jay be adversarial with Jerry and Ozzie and not everybody? Why? Think.

Why would Bob have an issue with Ted? He didn't seem to have these issues with Wolf. What's the difference? Who do you think understands the real Ted better? You or Bob? Take what Bob knows about Ted and then reevaluate your criticism of him.

Your perception is missing what Bob's is. I'm reminded of being a fresh faced producer at KFAN. Talked with Pete Dougherty when I was still in my awe phase not unlike where many of the posters here are at. I said to Pete...You have the greatest job in the world. He rolled his eyes and said you don't have to work with these guys everyday. It took a few years to get the perspective he was coming from.

Ted is scrutinized by Bob for one reason and one reason only. Ted deserves it. You may never get it but that is why.

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.