uffda udfa
7 years ago
Mindset. Oh, precious mindset. This is one of the many reasons we have the wrong guy running things in Green Bay.

To wit: Finley goes down with career ending injury. Our GM does what? Waits to take a converted WR, who has no speed, while reaching in the 3rd round of the draft because all the good TE's were already gone. Do you see the amount of mistakes made with that position already?

Let's start compounding: Ted gets his prized 3rd round Finley replacement into camp and it's clear this guy can't run and will NEVER be Finley. Not even close. Wait, says Ted. That is what Ted does. He waits. He's so so so patient. Meanwhile, while we're waiting for someone to develop who will never develop we're suffering from poor TE play and not adding someone who can because the belief he might develop. See the amount of mistakes made just in that alone? Add those to the above and you've got a chain of events that punished this team for years at that position. Did RR even play today?

When there is a problem in the NFL or in life most sane people FIX it. They don't wait for it to just go away. They act. Being wrong while waiting just compounds your small problem into a much bigger one. Oh, sure, it "can" work. See: Mason Crosby. However, you still are stuck with terrible play for a period of time with no guarantee it resolves itself and when you're wrong by not acting to fix a problem you get RR. We have PLENTY of RR situations under Ted Thompson that are present and we don't even need to bring those up. It's with personnel, it's with people in the organization, coaches, etc. Status quo when you don't win is not what you shoot for.

Ted only wishes to make the playoffs to maybe see what happens. Do you see the folly? Yes, it nets you all kinds of playoff appearances but you are severely outgunned because the hares out there while Ted's turtling are going for it. It's a new org all the time pressing the pedal to the metal. Meanwhile, slow and steady gets lapped as we approach the finish while the adoring fans cheer and are happy that we were even in the race as far as we were until the end because it was exciting.

This sickening sickening mentality is rampant. Complacency is king in Green Bay. It will not change until the author of it...Ted Thompson vanishes. Then, and only then, will we perhaps be the team that actually crosses the finish line first because we'll be a team that see problems and goes about fixing them not waiting them out.

Good, again, as always, is the enemy of great around here. Change...now....it's already been too late.

Ted believes you bring a knife to a gun fight because he's got the best knife fighter the game has ever seen. Well, no matter how good your knife fighter is, he's still a knife fighter and is more likely than not going to be shot dead. Who's seen that western one too many times?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

7 years ago
and he never replaced Cullen Jenkins
uffda udfa
7 years ago

and he never replaced Cullen Jenkins

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Nick Collins, ILB's, and the list could go on and on. Playing with rent a players or dollar store dudes when the team across from you is trotting out the best WR in the NFL. It's just funny. He loves his guys so much even when they're terrible.

Ron Wolf failed like anyone...but when Randy Moss came into our division. He reacted and took a bunch of corners to try and stop him. Nobody could stop Randy but he tried. Ted just amazes me. He really does. He's wholly unaffected by the pace of the NFL and is content to take the moving escalator at the airport to catch a late flight while others are running past him on the carpet to make sure the doors don't close and they get left behind. It'll just all work out thinks Ted. Well, he's missed his plane a lot over the last several years and it hasn't worked out. However, NO CHANGE...static, same, we make the playoffs don't mess with "success".

The speed of this off the field game is much too fast for him that it's gotta be blurry. Without vision the people perish and football teams die. I would bet everything that it just killed him that we didn't get Max McCaffrey on the field so someone could say...look at that street guy Ted brought in making plays in a championship game.

Z, put it in shout but Aaron asked for the org to go ALL IN...I've been beating that drum for years and years but I'm a troll. Misguided. Don't understand the cap. Is Aaron a troll. misguided and unaware of modern age cap football for saying that? He's sick of losing and bringing that knife to the gun fight. My goodness Ted wake up...wake up. You are going to go down as the guy who had the balls to stand up to Brett Favre but wasted the career of the guy you replaced him with. Show some nuts and lets go for once. Just one more time before we get to be rid of you because we all know you ain't going.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

yooperfan
7 years ago
Hopefully Thompson will be gone.
The man is just not getting it done ✅
mojaveson
7 years ago

Hopefully Thompson will be gone.
The man is just not getting it done ✅

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

[cheers]
Winners never quit and quitters never win. - Vince Lombardi
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago
Ted has made a lot of draft mistakes. Taking players a round or two too high because some other teams likes him later in the draft. Randall is a 3rd round pick at best. Rollins 5th. At best.

UserPostedImage
luigis
7 years ago
I think Thompson is an average+ GM in the draft we have to grant him he got some really good picks.

The argument "The Packers have the highest percentage of drafted players in their roster" is invalid because if we never even attempt to get a FA our players can't appear from hyperspace, we play our draftees because that's all we have.

I think Teddy's strategy is the correct one when you have the best QB in the league, that costs a lot of money so you can't just go shopping for some big name FAs.

But you live by the sword and die by the sword, we built a great offense and got eliminated by defensive collapses against SF, Seattle and Arizona we had to fix the secondary it was a must, a critical piece in the puzzle to give Rodgers another SB chance.

Teddy picked Randall and Rollins and I think he is going down with them.
Luis
The_Green_Ninja
7 years ago
I hope out "All in" QB is ready to take the pay cut when we need to "reload."
UserPostedImage
luigis
7 years ago

I hope out "All in" QB is ready to take the pay cut when we need to "reload."

Originally Posted by: The_Green_Ninja 

No, Thompson needs to pay him the most expensive extension in the history of the NFL and with the same money sign a couple of blockbuster free agents, sign the draft picks and resign the list of players Aaron just mentioned.

I'm happy Rodgers is a QB and not in charge of finances.
Luis
Bigbyfan
7 years ago
Well hopefully the reason Eliot Wolf turned down the 49ers job (besides the fact their owner is batshit crazy) is because he was promised the GM job after the season.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (12h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (13h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (17h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (19h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (19h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (19h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (19h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (19h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (20h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (20h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.