luigis
7 years ago
Here's a list I compiled of non-franchised FAs.

What do you think? Who do you want?

A.J. Bouye CB HOU 26
Tony Jefferson S ARI 25
Logan Ryan CB NE 26
Morris Claiborne CB DAL 27
Barry Church S DAL 29
Dre Kirkpatrick CB CIN 27
Prince Amukamara CB JAX 28
D.J. Swearinger S ARI 25
Jonathan Cyprien S JAX 27
Jahleel Addae S SD 27
J.J. Wilcox S DAL 28
Micah Hyde CB GB 26
Bradley McDougald S TB 26
T.J. McDonald S LAR 26
Duron Harmon S NE 26
Captain Munnerlyn CB MIN 29
Quintin Demps S HOU 32
Sterling Moore CB NO 27

Luis
Smokey
7 years ago
Luigis, you have done a good job. Your list of Free Agents , I presume, represent the best available Secondary Players.

I just want to see marked improvement next season. IMO, that will require a new GM and a new DC in GB .
It will also require a change in attitude, one that places Defense ahead of Offense. Existing defensive players need better coaches, the coaches will need better play from the players or better players hired through the Draft or through Free Agency. In any case, GB needs a new motto :

Defense Rules !

UserPostedImage
shield4life
7 years ago
I'd resign Hyde cause I think I can get him to a good price. I'd make a run for Prince Amukamara and do my best to sign him! That would a be a automatic upgrade regardless Shields comes back or not. Even if he comes back Shields is just a bit overrated imo!
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
blueleopard
7 years ago
Bouye from Houston had an excellent year. Here's the problem -- it was only one year. I'd take a shot at him, but if we get into a bidding war, I want no part of it.

Hyde needs to be re-signed.

D.J. Swearinger is also a solid thumper who'll provide solid depth with Kentrell Brice.

Remember, we signed Bene Benwikere and put him on the practice squad. I expect him to be our 2nd or 3rd corner going into next year.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Smokey
7 years ago

Bouye from Houston had an excellent year. Here's the problem -- it was only one year. I'd take a shot at him, but if we get into a bidding war, I want no part of it.

Hyde needs to be re-signed.

D.J. Swearinger is also a solid thumper who'll provide solid depth with Kentrell Brice.

Remember, we signed Bene Benwikere and put him on the practice squad. I expect him to be our 2nd or 3rd corner going into next year.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

So your happy with Ted Thompson and Dom Capers ? I'm not, REPLACE them .

Also GB needs a new motto :

Defense Rules !

UserPostedImage
beast
7 years ago

Here's a list I compiled of non-franchised FAs.

What do you think? Who do you want?

A.J. Bouye CB HOU 26
Tony Jefferson S ARI 25
Logan Ryan CB NE 26
Morris Claiborne CB DAL 27
Barry Church S DAL 29
Dre Kirkpatrick CB CIN 27
Prince Amukamara CB JAX 28
D.J. Swearinger S ARI 25
Jonathan Cyprien S JAX 27
Jahleel Addae S SD 27
J.J. Wilcox S DAL 28
Micah Hyde CB GB 26
Bradley McDougald S TB 26
T.J. McDonald S LAR 26
Duron Harmon S NE 26
Captain Munnerlyn CB MIN 29
Quintin Demps S HOU 32
Sterling Moore CB NO 27

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Yeah I'm not too impressed by the list of CBs (I'm counting Hyde as a S).
I'm thinking Dre Kirkpatrick and A.J. Bouye might be the best options.

I'd be interested in Morris Claiborne, but he's only played 12 games in his career once (rookie year) and less than 8 games in two of the last three years... so I'm not sure he can stay healthy for the playoffs.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
7 years ago
I was more interested in this list... the ones that could have helped us this year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2016/cornerback/available/ 

The only damning thing I can really say about Ted, his reluctance to bolster a roster via free agency.

Why do you think he is going to sign on this offseason?

You had a team ravaged with injury and performance issues, and did he reach out to any of the veteran corners out there to help... especially when the playoffs became a reality?

Sure... the ones that could have helped are a bit long in the tooth and limited in the playbook, but at least you could have said, man up and we will take our chances. Instead we trotted out a guy that I happen to think played most of the season injuried in Randall whom needed every bit of cushion he gave and still couldn't make a break on the ball.

One thing is for certain though, we left guys running all over the place open this season.. hopefully between scheme, health and personnel, we find a way to at least challenge receivers consistently.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
hardrocker950
7 years ago

I'd be interested in Morris Claiborne, but he's only played 12 games in his career once (rookie year) and less than 8 games in two of the last three years... so I'm not sure he can stay healthy for the playoffs.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I thought the same exact thing when I saw his name on the list. When he is healthy he is good, but he is another guy that unfortunately seems to be injured often. He might be affordable because of this, but I would be hesitant.

Amukamara might be worth a shot, hard to say what kind of money he will be looking for. If they can get him half way reasonably, worth a shot.

Hyde should return. He is versatile and every team needs a Swiss Army Knife or two. Maybe he could also teach some of the others how to tackle.

Church makes some plays, but he is a S. Not sure he has the speed that we are needing.

Even if we pick someone up in FA, I would still like to see them draft a couple of guys. I don't imagine we have to look far for upgrades.
luigis
7 years ago
I like D.J. Swearinger S ARI 25, he is young and I think he will be a huge improvement over Burnett.

If we play wish-a-trade I would go with Cobb for A.Talib. I think they are already over Talib in Denver and Cobb is a very talented WR that can be replaced with Montgomery from the slot.

So let's dream:

We trade Cobb for Talib, get DJ in Free Agency, draft a good CB and suddenly our secondary is: Talib, New Guy, Clinton-Dix, Swearinger.

But then I woke up and Teddy was drafting a former chess player from Princenton that played 1 week as a safety to convert it to CB.

Luis
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Logan Ryan...get him...but...NE won't let him go.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.