luigis
7 years ago
Rodgers had the flu, our WRs were banged up, we had no secondary and Atlanta was a better team. It was hopeless and we should have tried something different, we didn't and that was sad.

The Glass Half Full:
- B. Bulaga: Stud, he battled the whole game he won every single match, even after losing TJ and Taylor Bulaga kept blocking and winning. Well done.

The Glass Half Empty:
- L. Gunter: Not really his fault, he is a 4th or 5th CB against one of the best WRs in the game. But even considering what we can expect from him he was bad.
- D. Randall: I'm speechless about this kid. He avoids contact in every single play. He can't cover, he can't tackle. It is absolutely clear he can't play the position, maybe it's time to move him to safety.
- Q. Rollins: I fail to understand why he plays, he hasn't made a single good play in the whole season and he is totally clueless about the CB position. I don't care if every single DB is injured, nobody can play worst than Rollins.
- A. Ripkowski: I still like this kid,I hope he had the worst game of his career.
- J. Peppers: Time to retire old man.
- R. Cobb: We needed him, he couldn't get open against a really bad secondary.

Running section: HaHa Clinton Dix hate watch. What I say about HaHa? He played another horrible game it seems he is not interested in helping defend the pass, he is just standing there looking for a bad pass to be picked. Again he refrained contact in several plays.

I have a mild hope that Capers will go, our defense collapsed in too many playoff games for my taste. I've written a post at the start of this season titled "it's the secondary, it's always the secondary" back then I thought that was the critical missing piece in the puzzle and I think that is still the case. The NFL is a passing league and defenses win championships. I think Teddy could've costed us 2 or 3 years picking HaHa,Randall and Rollins. Our LBs are also bad, maybe Jake Ryan is going to be good.
We need a blockbuster CB in free agency and we need a stellar draft to fix the defense if we want a shot at the SB, and a new DC to have some fresh air would be great.

This column will resume in the next season. Thanks for your company in this exciting adventure.
Luis
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

This column will resume in the next season. Thanks for your company in this exciting adventure.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Only good news of the day.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
7 years ago
I did feel like our receivers were being mauled by Atlanta's secondary. Even so, there were plenty of plays in which receivers were being ignored. Rodgers simply chose not to look their way. When his favorite targets are on the field and the pressure is high, Rodgers has a tendency to get tunnel vision. It's a major flaw in his game. I think he needs to get over his insistence that receivers earn his trust and just start taking what the defense offers him, even if it's not glitzy, glamorous, or comfortable.

That deep bomb for an interception was a perfect example. Cook was wide, wide open and ready for an easy 15-yard gain along the sidelines. Instead Rodgers whipped it way downfield to a triple-covered Nelson who wasn't even expecting to be a target and never bothered to glance over his shoulder. Why?

Likewise, Adams and Davis were all but ignored by the defense all game, yet Rodgers hardly glanced their way. I don't think Davis was targeted even once, and he had at least one opportunity for a walk-in touchdown. Why?
UserPostedImage
The_Green_Ninja
7 years ago
I'm not asking for a blockbuster secondary, just one that isn't ranked 32nd in the league.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
7 years ago
It helps to have a coordinator running a scheme that places the DBs somewhere in the same area code as the WRs.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago
Randall, Rollins and Gunter will be ok.

Randall avoids contact, because he's playing with (among other things) a shoulder injury.

Aaron may have the flu, not sure on the details of that, but this whole "lull" thing has been going on for much longer than that. Did he have the flu the second half last week too?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
mojaveson
7 years ago

I'm not asking for a blockbuster secondary, just one that isn't ranked 32nd in the league.

Originally Posted by: The_Green_Ninja 

I second that emotion. đź‘Ť
Winners never quit and quitters never win. - Vince Lombardi
luigis
7 years ago

Randall, Rollins and Gunter will be ok.

Randall avoids contact, because he's playing with (among other things) a shoulder injury.

Aaron may have the flu, not sure on the details of that, but this whole "lull" thing has been going on for much longer than that. Did he have the flu the second half last week too?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I hope you are right about them. I really think Randall is garbage I hope to be wrong. I think HaHa was on the way to become a very good player but he imploded this year.
Rollins had a good rookie season but regressed to zero this year, last time I looked he was #82 among 82 CBs in the league.

I think Rodgers was not 100% he never looked for the deep pass and was throwing short when guys were open. He also has some kind of mental issue that goes on and off. That is absolutely clear.
Luis
DoddPower
7 years ago

I did feel like our receivers were being mauled by Atlanta's secondary. Even so, there were plenty of plays in which receivers were being ignored. Rodgers simply chose not to look their way. When his favorite targets are on the field and the pressure is high, Rodgers has a tendency to get tunnel vision. It's a major flaw in his game. I think he needs to get over his insistence that receivers earn his trust and just start taking what the defense offers him, even if it's not glitzy, glamorous, or comfortable.

That deep bomb for an interception was a perfect example. Cook was wide, wide open and ready for an easy 15-yard gain along the sidelines. Instead Rodgers whipped it way downfield to a triple-covered Nelson who wasn't even expecting to be a target and never bothered to glance over his shoulder. Why?

Likewise, Adams and Davis were all but ignored by the defense all game, yet Rodgers hardly glanced their way. I don't think Davis was targeted even once, and he had at least one opportunity for a walk-in touchdown. Why?

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

It's amazing what pressure and few massive hits will do to a QB. Especially with the weight of carrying the entire team, which seems to always fall on Rodgers shoulders. Maybe one day he will have a defense that will make it OK to punt once and a while. The historically bad output of the Packers defense year-after-year is inexcusable, whether it's Dom Capers or Ted Thompson's fault. Good defenses do exist, just not for the Packers.
Nonstopdrivel
7 years ago
Fair enough, and I've made the same point many a time. Then again, there is less need to punt in the games when Rodgers goes through his progressions instead of forcing it to his favorite targets.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (9h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.