uffda udfa
7 years ago
--- TOPIC CREATED FROM POSTS IN ANOTHER THREAD. THIS ONE CREATED BY Zero2Cool, not created by Uffda Udfa ---

I just couldn't take my green and gold glasses off last fall .

Predicted 16-0. 😎😎😎😎😎

Wouldn't trade this 10-6 for anything.

Just think The Packers are better prepared going into the post season , batattleing through all the injuries and playing many tight football games.

Plenty of valuable playing time for the young guys.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Wouldn't? Is it because you can't? 🙂 Not sure we're better prepared by playing a soft schedule where we almost lost to the putrid Bears who put up unreal numbers playing their rookie 3rd string Qb. I realize you're just focused on 6 in a row but you have to realize we beat a bunch of really bad teams and had trouble with some of them? It's a joke we needed a 60 yard bomb in the final seconds to beat Chicago. Their O just pummeled our D. Chicago is among the dregs of the NFL and they shredded our D. We're lucky we got Stafford with his bad finger or I imagine the game at Detroit is probably a lot different.

The other difference between me and them is I don't get my ears tickled when I hear how NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY THE PACKERS IN THE PLAYOFFS media regurgitation. Some seem to really get off on that tired refrain that we hear every year. Why do we hear it? We have Aaron Rodgers...it ain't because nobody wants to face our D. Everyone does. Cleveland does. SF does. Our D is horrible. Last I checked defense counts. In fact, most of you live under the false belief that D wins championships. If that is really true we don't stand a chance and all this NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY THE PACKERS is NONSENSE.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Wouldn't? Is it because you can't? 🙂 Not sure we're better prepared by playing a soft schedule where we almost lost to the putrid Bears who put up unreal numbers playing their rookie 3rd string Qb. I realize you're just focused on 6 in a row but you have to realize we beat a bunch of really bad teams and had trouble with some of them? It's a joke we needed a 60 yard bomb in the final seconds to beat Chicago. Their O just pummeled our D. Chicago is among the dregs of the NFL and they shredded our D. We're lucky we got Stafford with his bad finger or I imagine the game at Detroit is probably a lot different.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

What is really shocking is I have read comments from Vikings, Bears, Lions and even Cowboys fans who speak less negatively about the Packers than this fan does. Weird.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

What is really shocking is I have read comments from Vikings, Bears, Lions and even Cowboys fans who speak less negatively about the Packers than this fan does. Weird.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It's because they don't want/expect the Packers to win SB's. You are gifted the greatest natural thrower of the football in the history of the game and the best you can do is just make the playoffs and appear in one SB? He ain't getting younger. D is still as awful as ever. Wrong to expect more? I sure think it's wrong being content with what we've seen since 2010. Hasn't been good enough.

New England got the gift of Brady and has parlayed that gift into multiple championships. We get the gift of Rodgers (Brady's equal or superior) and we get one measly appearance and have the defense we have? Who are our stars? Rodgers, an aging Nelson and Matthews? Who else? Our cupboard is pretty bare. Our OL is a great pass blocking line. Not so much in run game.

It's like watching a specific athlete that is so gifted do so little with his career. Who would praise an athlete that had so much potential and so so little with it? Those guys are known as would shoulda couldas ...that is what this Packers team has been for many many years. An underachieving failed group of guys.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

It's because they don't want/expect the Packers to win SB's. You are gifted the greatest natural thrower of the football in the history of the game and the best you can do is just make the playoffs and appear in one SB? He ain't getting younger. D is still as awful as ever. Wrong to expect more? I sure think it's wrong being content with what we've seen since 2010. Hasn't been good enough.

New England got the gift of Brady and has parlayed that gift into multiple championships. We get the gift of Rodgers (Brady's equal or superior) and we get one measly appearance and have the defense we have? Who are our stars? Rodgers, an aging Nelson and Matthews? Who else? Our cupboard is pretty bare. Our OL is a great pass blocking line. Not so much in run game.

It's like watching a specific athlete that is so gifted do so little with his career. Who would praise an athlete that had so much potential and so so little with it? Those guys are known as would shoulda couldas ...that is what this Packers team has been for many many years. An underachieving failed group of guys.

True, I had to explain what "trophy" was to the Vikings fans. It was like teaching a blind person to drive between the lines on the road.

Regardless, you're unreasonable in your demands of the team. You think this is Madden where you can just create all your players with 99 rating and hold the ball for 55 minutes a game and shut every team out while never failing to convert for a first down. I think you got some great outside the box thoughts, but I'm honestly convinced you don't really understand how difficult the game of football truly is. I don't mean that in a negative way, I'm sure there a billion things I'm vastly ignorant on that you are brilliant on. It just when we talk football, you seem unaware of the game itself.

Regardless of my ignorant opinion of your football acumen, you're still fun to debate with at times. Don't doubt that.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

True, I had to explain what "trophy" was to the Vikings fans. It was like teaching a blind person to drive between the lines on the road.

Regardless, you're unreasonable in your demands of the team. You think this is Madden where you can just create all your players with 99 rating and hold the ball for 55 minutes a game and shut every team out while never failing to convert for a first down. I think you got some great outside the box thoughts, but I'm honestly convinced you don't really understand how difficult the game of football truly is. I don't mean that in a negative way, I'm sure there a billion things I'm vastly ignorant on that you are brilliant on. It just when we talk football, you seem unaware of the game itself.

Regardless of my ignorant opinion of your football acumen, you're still fun to debate with at times. Don't doubt that.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Unaware of the game itself? Really? That makes me laugh. We have the distinct advantage over all other teams in the NFL of having the most naturally gifted thrower of the football this game has ever seen. We play in a putrid division. Our D has been horrible for YEARS. Our GM can't fix it...our DC is dreadful yet we stick with the same GM and DC combo that produces this slop we see on defense year after year because it worked...ONCE when we had Woodson as a FA playing MVP type football.

I get the game just fine. It is NOT hard to win your division in a weak one when you have one of the best QB's this game has ever seen. It's an expectation and a right one. See Peyton in Indy all those years. We had a D around Aaron ONCE and what happened? Oh, yeah, that. We have NOT had a D around him since. What has happened? Oh, yeah, that. It isn't hard ...the game isn't some mystery. We have NOT been good enough and it's EASY to see. It's not like we've had a D and just had some bad playoff luck. We've had a BAD defense and haven't had a game changing WR or really a stud RB. It's all on Rodgers all the time. When he's great we're pretty good, when he ain't, well... I offer 4-6 and most of last year.

UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Unaware of the game itself? Really? That makes me laugh. We have the distinct advantage over all other teams in the NFL of having the most naturally gifted thrower of the football this game has ever seen. We play in a putrid division. Our D has been horrible for YEARS. Our GM can't fix it...our DC is dreadful yet we stick with the same GM and DC combo that produces this slop we see on defense year after year because it worked...ONCE when we had Woodson as a FA playing MVP type football.

I get the game just fine. It is NOT hard to win your division in a weak one when you have one of the best QB's this game has ever seen. It's an expectation and a right one. See Peyton in Indy all those years. We had a D around Aaron ONCE and what happened? Oh, yeah, that. We have NOT had a D around him since. What has happened? Oh, yeah, that. It isn't hard ...the game isn't some mystery. We have NOT been good enough and it's EASY to see. It's not like we've had a D and just had some bad playoff luck. We've had a BAD defense and haven't had a game changing WR or really a stud RB. It's all on Rodgers all the time. When he's great we're pretty good, when he ain't, well... I offer 4-6 and most of last year.

I am with you that it's not a huge accomplishment to win your division. However, I do get geeked up at have a HOME PLAYOFF game at LAMBEAU FIELD.

I agree with you on the thrower comments, only because you got that from me. :)

I do feel we should expect playoffs and deep runs with Super Bowl tickets punched. I just think it's absurd to naively nitpick things we fail to view the big picture on, like you are doing throughout your posts today. Instead of giving credit to the other team, you mistakenly bash the Packers. It's as if we forget that this the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE and winning is NOT easy.

Again, you just don't seem to grasp that concept. You think one player being elite means you should automatically win every game by 20 points. At least, that's the impression I get from your tone and obsessive hatred of the Packers players, coaching and personnel. It must be hell to watch them win for you. I don't feel bad for you. I hope they make you MORE miserable and win and win and win and WIN the Super Bowl so you can just piss and moan about the team and how they got LUCKY.
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
7 years ago
Elite quarterbacks guarantee deep playoff runs and titles... That's why the Saints have been 7-9 in four of the past five seasons.
Born and bred a cheesehead
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Elite quarterbacks guarantee deep playoff runs and titles... That's why the Saints have been 7-9 in four of the past five seasons.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

Apples and oranges. Brees is in a division with MVP Cam Newton and MVP candidate Matt Ryan, and now Jameis and the Bucs are there, too. Have you seen the Saints D? It's even worse than ours.

We have Aaron Rodgers in a WEAK division with Bridgewater/Bradford, Stafford, and Cutler/Hoyer/Barkley. Wow. One of these things is not like the other. Stafford was making some strides this year but he hurt his finger at the end and wasn't the same. We almost lost the division to DETROIT?????? DETROIT?????? It's a bang your chest accomplishment to beat the Bears, Vikings and Lions? LOL. If you have Aaron Rodgers and you can't beat the aforementioned there's MAJOR issues.

A home playoff game should be something to pencil in EVERY year with Rodgers as our QB in that division. NFC Championship games should be a given almost annually.

I don't hate the Packers. I luvem but I really dislike our GM, HC, DC and a lot of our defensive players. These aren't mutually exclusive ideas. Hoping for a new GM, HC, DC in the off-season along with a stud WR, gamechanging 3rd down speed back, and some guys who can play defense in any spot out there.

UserPostedImage

buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
I don't fucking believe this.

A harmless, fun thread that appears every year.
Then reappears at the end of the regular season.

Some can claim bragging rights for a year(ie: zero this year) when they guess right.

Now here comes UFFDA, hi-jacking the thread and ruining it for everyone else.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Porforis
7 years ago

Apples and oranges. Brees is in a division with MVP Cam Newton and MVP candidate Matt Ryan, and now Jameis and the Bucs are there, too.

Matt Ryan, fair enough.

Carolina is 6-10 and posted a whopping 1-5 in their division. Hardly a powerhouse. "MVP" Cam Newton posted a QB rating of a whopping 75.8 with 19 TDs and 14 TDs. He's stunk this year

Tampa finished 9-7, so average. Winston with a QB rating of 86.1 with 28 TDs and 18 INTs.

Really, teams like this explain why a QB like Brees is on a 7-9 team? You bitch about PPY with Bradford when he threw a whopping 13 less picks? Granted, 8 less TDs as well. Stafford's stats are basically Winston's minus 8 INTs. So Brees and the Saints get an excuse but we don't?
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (6h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (7h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (7h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (8h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (23h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (23h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (23h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.