Smokey
7 years ago
Defense Rules !

UserPostedImage
mojaveson
7 years ago

Defense Rules !

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Hence the term, Defense Wins Championships! Which has been proven true more times than not. 😠

Winners never quit and quitters never win. - Vince Lombardi
uffda udfa
7 years ago

There you go again Zero. Being satisfied with the division championship. Settling for another playoff loss. Sticking your head in the sand and pretending nothing is wrong. Putting up with incompetent leadership. Content with making the playoffs, proud of substandard play, Happy with being good

... lets see, did I miss anything?

Oh yeah, the most important one, being a reasonable fan who can appreciate a great effort on the season as a whole put forth by a team who played its heart out when its back was against the wall. A fan who realizes that not winning the SB means the team may have failed to win the SB but that doesn't mean the season was a failure. I'm as guilty as you are.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

That was a great post before the paragraph break. So sorry it took the turn it did.🤣

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Cheesey
7 years ago
It was a good season, not lousy or great.
I didn't expect us to win the Atlanta game, but I thought we would be competitive.
The missed FG, the fumble by Rip.....there was 10 points lost, which would have tied the game at that point. Maybe it would have been a game then.
But when you are down as far as the Packers were, and come out in the 2nd half ice cold, you are done.
Rodgers was getting killed, while Matt Ryan had ALL DAY to find a receiver. And tackling? We had NONE. Julio Jones was like a ball in a pinball machine, bouncing off our DB's like they were not even there.
In an NFC title game, and you can't tackle? Surprised we got that far.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
7 years ago

There you go again Zero. Being satisfied with the division championship. Settling for another playoff loss. Sticking your head in the sand and pretending nothing is wrong. Putting up with incompetent leadership. Content with making the playoffs, proud of substandard play, Happy with being good ... lets see, did I miss anything? Oh yeah, the most important one, being a reasonable fan who can appreciate a great effort on the season as a whole put forth by a team who played its heart out when its back was against the wall. A fan who realizes that not winning the SB means the team may have failed to win the SB but that doesn't mean the season was a failure. I'm as guilty as you are.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

As I read through the many post season threads, I am a little confused.

One thread says that it is completely unnacceptable for The Packers to finish the regular season 10-6 WITH ALL THE TALENT THAT IS ON THIS TEAM.

Then there are the threads that say Ted Thompson needs to be replaced because he has failed to supply Mike and Co. the talent to make The Packers a winner.

Seems some just talk out both sides of their mouths just to push their personal agendas.

Every year we make our predictions and what would be deemed a successful season.

I read these predictions and they ran anywhere from 6-10 to 16-0(that was me 😁 )

Everyone, of course wants The Packers to win The Super Bowl at the beginning of EVERY year, but most do understand that reality is it's not going to happen.

Most seasons are going to end in disapointment.

That doesn't mean the season wasn't a success.

Did The Packers meet the expectations that they and the fans were hoping for? No

They faced early adversity, some on this forum wrote them off after 10 games.

Thankfully The Packers wouldn't listen, they came together as a team and made one of the most improbable and impressive runs in recent history.

The Packers ran out of healthy players and made the early mistakes(missed FG, fumble, couple of dropped passes) that they could not afford to do against a high powered Falcon team that was playing to get to the Super Bowl for the 1st time in 18 years.

Accept it, for one game, The Packers were out manned, out coached, and out played.

The 2016 Packers finished 10-6 in the regular season.
The 2016 Packers won The North Division .
The 2016 Packers made a deep playoff run going 2-1.

ENJOY THE GAME!!!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Buck...I don't think anyone is saying or has said we're so talented we should win the SB. What has been consistently said is we have AARON RODGERS, and when you have that talent advantage at the most critical position in the NFL winning becomes so much easier. You won't find many years guys like Young, Montana, Elway, Favre, Rodgers, Manning or Brady had a poor regular season. Having a guy like one of those elites almost ensures an annual playoff trip. We get that we're going to the playoff every year. Some of us would actually like to see a team assembled that doesn't fold when it gets toward show time.

Nobody has said Ted's stocked this team so full of talent that it's a shame we're not winning. Again, we know our fortunes rise and fall on #12. Would be nice if we had another component to rely on. The D has been such a sinkhole as to our winning. Could it at least not be that? Could it just be akin to a game manager at QB for our D? Just a unit that won't get embarrassed and destroyed year after year or fail in big moments routinely?

I'm glad to see the tide turning a little bit in some of our fanbase. 6 years is a lot of evidence to go on when the dyed in the wools used to say it's just one year, we still are this that and the other thing. That is getting harder to promote because the audience for it is slowly starting to shrink. Not quite enough for the change we need to see but at least the train has left the station.

It's too bad Atlanta didn't have to go with their 3rd string QB on Sunday. We may have stood a chance but no guarantees. The Bears 3rd stringer drilled us on the road, too, but we eeked by with our terrible defense in that one. Oops, had to face a QB who can actually throw it and had some real WR's. That has always spelled disaster for this D. ANY above average veteran QB routinely dismantles our defense save for Russell Wilson who is the one outlier.

Don't know about you, but I'd like to see a real force assembled instead of hoping and praying we get to face a 3rd string QB to get to the SuperBowl.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Cheesey
7 years ago
Maybe 4 more years with AR, then what?
Think where we would have been the last 5 years with an "average" QB?
If the Packers really care about getting another SB trophy with Rodgers still here, they need some SERIOUS moves NOW!
Jettison Ted, and see what Eliot Wolf can do to raise this team to the next level.
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
7 years ago
"Sunday, I was so excited (and nervous) I was pacing back and forth in the shower."

Pacing back and forth?

Jesus, how big is your shower?
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Big enough for him and a bag of grapefruits. 🙂
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.