FLORIDA PACKER88
7 years ago
Who do you guys think need we need to prioritize for re-signing this off season?

In some semblance of order I go

1) Jared Cook- His connection with Rodgers is undeniable, as is the way Defenses have to change plans when he's on the field. No brainer, a nice 3 year deal to finish his prime years would be great.

2) Micah Hyde- Hyde struggled a little bit early, but his versatility literally saved a few games for us in the end. Jack of all trades, but master of none, he's definitely worth an extension to give our wasteland of a secondary some depth.

3) Nick Perry- The only semi-consistent pass rusher we had this year, would love to have him back, but might garner big money from another team. His strength is definitely needed in the pass and run game!

4) T.J. Lang - Lang is a packer through and through, and though Ted might see Spriggs as the next big thing, but giving up on TJ I think is hasty. He's one of the best and toughest interior line in the league, and though Lane Taylor played solidly, we know what happens when you lose two all-pro guards!

5) Eddie Lacy- Monty ran well in his limited opportunities, but having a a bell cow like lacy to compliment him would make both much more effective, assuming we can get him back on a 1-2 year deal with lots of prove it money.

6) Datone Jones- Wasn't anything special this year, but should some pass rush and run setting ability in spurts. Would like to see him after another off season as a LB.

7) J.C. Tretter- Tretter finished the season injured, but the depth he gives us is fantastic. Likely he gets signed by another team for a guaranteed starter job, but might be a cheaper alternative to Lang if we can't get him back.

8) Jayrone Elliiot- We play the Seahawks next year right? We need Elliot solely for that game, he always makes at least one play against them! Should come reasonably priced.

9) Brett Goode- No bad snaps that I remember seeing. Easy re-sign.

10) Joe Thomas- Would love an upgrade, but he played well in some instances (when not mismatched in man coverage against wide receivers).

11) Julius Peppers- I think his tank is running on fumes, but if he'd come back for a 1 year minimum deal I'd bring him on for his savvy.

All the others, Ringo, Barclay, Kerridge, Michael, etc can leave or come in as camp bodies.
mojaveson
7 years ago
Great list, I agree on all of them. Too bad you don't have any pull with the front office. 😉
Winners never quit and quitters never win. - Vince Lombardi
musccy
7 years ago
I'd flip Joe Thomas and Datone. Actually, if I could put Datone lower than that, I would.

I get why the Packers drafted him, he was supposed to be the best hybrid end to stop the read option Kapernicks. That said, I never knew he was on the field, he was just a body. Adios.
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
Spotrac market Value (rounded up)
Cook - 3.4mil/yr
TJ and Perry are both likely to get about 8.5 mil/yr.
Tretter 8.7 mil/yr I like Tretter better a C than Linsley, but we have needs where we can't pay that much when we have a pretty equal guy dirt cheap.
Lacy 5.1mil/yr If we don't sign him, we are going to need to use a draft pick that could be used on defense.

If we are going to go All-In as Rodgers says. Extend/renegotiate with both Rodgers and Clay to get some extra room this year.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
gbguy20
7 years ago
8.7/yr for tretter? That is insane.
shield4life
7 years ago
1) Eddie Lacy is my #1 priority this off season. One of the other ways to get pressure off Aaron Rodgers and give him more time to throw or make plays is having a good running game. I am not sold on Montgomery I don’t think his the answer for the run game. I would love to have him as my secondary back but wouldn’t feel comfortable opening my season with him as my starter. 4th & 1 … I’m going with Lacy vs Montgomery.

2) Nick Perry is my #2 all thou I was compiltating as my #1 because a pass rushing linebacker is hard to come by and now that he gained to a high level of play I don’t want to lose him. We already have a hard time getting to the opposing QB can’t lose the only guy that was successful last year.

3) T.J. Lang is great at what he does we can’t mess with the offensive line. Rodgers needs all the protection he can get specially holding on to the ball so long.

4) Micah Hyde comes in as my fourth priority, price will be good and having him as my 3rd CB on the team will only help the depth of this defense.

5) Jared Cook, as good as he played I would love to have him resigned and I think he will but I don’t put him priority simply because there’s more important and crucial players that need to be signed before him.

6) Datone Jones can still be versatile on the defensive line. Especially if we pick up 1 more talented player and keep rotating them threw the game.

7) J.C. Tretter good depth for good value.

8) Julius Peppers only if the price is low & if I’m him … I’m taking a cut for a potential opportunity to help the team spend a bit more this off season and win a potential SB.

Everyone else is replaceable threw the draft or free agents signing.

Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Cheesey
7 years ago
Jared Cook. He was the ONLY TE that really did anything this year. And we all saw how much difference that made for us.
Lacy, we need him back too. IF he can stay healthy for a change, and in decent shape, he's special.
Peppers? He's done in my view. To give him a roster spot, even at a bargan price, isn't worth it. He really didn't do much at all this year.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Cut Randall Cobb. Sign Desean Jackson.
Cut Sam Shields. Sign A.J. Bouye or Logan Ryan or Stephon Gilmore.
Cut Clay Matthews. Sign Chandler Jones.

Starter money
Jared Cook
Nick Perry
T.J. Lang
Brett Goode

Top positional depth money
Micah Hyde
J.C. Tretter

On the cheap
Jayrone Elliiot
Eddie Lacy
Datone Jones
Joe Thomas

Thank you for your services.
Julius Peppers
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (5h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.