FLORIDA PACKER88
7 years ago
Who do you guys think need we need to prioritize for re-signing this off season?

In some semblance of order I go

1) Jared Cook- His connection with Rodgers is undeniable, as is the way Defenses have to change plans when he's on the field. No brainer, a nice 3 year deal to finish his prime years would be great.

2) Micah Hyde- Hyde struggled a little bit early, but his versatility literally saved a few games for us in the end. Jack of all trades, but master of none, he's definitely worth an extension to give our wasteland of a secondary some depth.

3) Nick Perry- The only semi-consistent pass rusher we had this year, would love to have him back, but might garner big money from another team. His strength is definitely needed in the pass and run game!

4) T.J. Lang - Lang is a packer through and through, and though Ted might see Spriggs as the next big thing, but giving up on TJ I think is hasty. He's one of the best and toughest interior line in the league, and though Lane Taylor played solidly, we know what happens when you lose two all-pro guards!

5) Eddie Lacy- Monty ran well in his limited opportunities, but having a a bell cow like lacy to compliment him would make both much more effective, assuming we can get him back on a 1-2 year deal with lots of prove it money.

6) Datone Jones- Wasn't anything special this year, but should some pass rush and run setting ability in spurts. Would like to see him after another off season as a LB.

7) J.C. Tretter- Tretter finished the season injured, but the depth he gives us is fantastic. Likely he gets signed by another team for a guaranteed starter job, but might be a cheaper alternative to Lang if we can't get him back.

8) Jayrone Elliiot- We play the Seahawks next year right? We need Elliot solely for that game, he always makes at least one play against them! Should come reasonably priced.

9) Brett Goode- No bad snaps that I remember seeing. Easy re-sign.

10) Joe Thomas- Would love an upgrade, but he played well in some instances (when not mismatched in man coverage against wide receivers).

11) Julius Peppers- I think his tank is running on fumes, but if he'd come back for a 1 year minimum deal I'd bring him on for his savvy.

All the others, Ringo, Barclay, Kerridge, Michael, etc can leave or come in as camp bodies.
mojaveson
7 years ago
Great list, I agree on all of them. Too bad you don't have any pull with the front office. 😉
Winners never quit and quitters never win. - Vince Lombardi
musccy
7 years ago
I'd flip Joe Thomas and Datone. Actually, if I could put Datone lower than that, I would.

I get why the Packers drafted him, he was supposed to be the best hybrid end to stop the read option Kapernicks. That said, I never knew he was on the field, he was just a body. Adios.
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
Spotrac market Value (rounded up)
Cook - 3.4mil/yr
TJ and Perry are both likely to get about 8.5 mil/yr.
Tretter 8.7 mil/yr I like Tretter better a C than Linsley, but we have needs where we can't pay that much when we have a pretty equal guy dirt cheap.
Lacy 5.1mil/yr If we don't sign him, we are going to need to use a draft pick that could be used on defense.

If we are going to go All-In as Rodgers says. Extend/renegotiate with both Rodgers and Clay to get some extra room this year.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
gbguy20
7 years ago
8.7/yr for tretter? That is insane.
shield4life
7 years ago
1) Eddie Lacy is my #1 priority this off season. One of the other ways to get pressure off Aaron Rodgers and give him more time to throw or make plays is having a good running game. I am not sold on Montgomery I don’t think his the answer for the run game. I would love to have him as my secondary back but wouldn’t feel comfortable opening my season with him as my starter. 4th & 1 … I’m going with Lacy vs Montgomery.

2) Nick Perry is my #2 all thou I was compiltating as my #1 because a pass rushing linebacker is hard to come by and now that he gained to a high level of play I don’t want to lose him. We already have a hard time getting to the opposing QB can’t lose the only guy that was successful last year.

3) T.J. Lang is great at what he does we can’t mess with the offensive line. Rodgers needs all the protection he can get specially holding on to the ball so long.

4) Micah Hyde comes in as my fourth priority, price will be good and having him as my 3rd CB on the team will only help the depth of this defense.

5) Jared Cook, as good as he played I would love to have him resigned and I think he will but I don’t put him priority simply because there’s more important and crucial players that need to be signed before him.

6) Datone Jones can still be versatile on the defensive line. Especially if we pick up 1 more talented player and keep rotating them threw the game.

7) J.C. Tretter good depth for good value.

8) Julius Peppers only if the price is low & if I’m him … I’m taking a cut for a potential opportunity to help the team spend a bit more this off season and win a potential SB.

Everyone else is replaceable threw the draft or free agents signing.

Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Cheesey
7 years ago
Jared Cook. He was the ONLY TE that really did anything this year. And we all saw how much difference that made for us.
Lacy, we need him back too. IF he can stay healthy for a change, and in decent shape, he's special.
Peppers? He's done in my view. To give him a roster spot, even at a bargan price, isn't worth it. He really didn't do much at all this year.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Cut Randall Cobb. Sign Desean Jackson.
Cut Sam Shields. Sign A.J. Bouye or Logan Ryan or Stephon Gilmore.
Cut Clay Matthews. Sign Chandler Jones.

Starter money
Jared Cook
Nick Perry
T.J. Lang
Brett Goode

Top positional depth money
Micah Hyde
J.C. Tretter

On the cheap
Jayrone Elliiot
Eddie Lacy
Datone Jones
Joe Thomas

Thank you for your services.
Julius Peppers
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (6h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (9h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (11h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (12h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (22h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3m / Around The NFL / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.