Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

You're right, Aaron never could've made that comeback. Cause our defense never would have made half as many stops.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

One can always pick a play or a game and attempt to prop a position [Logical fallacy: proof by example]. Obviously, the object of the thread is comparing Brady and Rodgers OVER TIME, to bring up the Falcons game and draw comparisons is silly. Moreover, that game was a total outlier, it means nothing for evaluation. It’s like reviewing how your car runs when you don’t put gas in it.

Another error is failing to understand the simpatico between the D and the O [And I know most of you know it, you’re just being obstinate to protect you idols]. Look at the season, and the 8 game streak and ask: how was the D when the Offense was clicking? How was the D when the offense was sucking?

To those who believe the Pats D is good, I ask, are you on effing hallucinogenic drugs? They were shredded for 7 yards per play for 3 Quarters. To say the NE defense is good is nonsense, utter nonsense. Let me explain what you saw last night in one word: Simpatico! NE achieved its #8 rank over GB’s #22 rank ONLY because the difference in the season’s QB play [And they get Bills, Miami and Jets twice].

When Pats were getting 3 and outs their defense was shredded; when Brady sustained long drives and scored TDs; the D suddenly, magically got better. When Atl’s offense was moving the ball their D was stellar, when Atl’s offense sucked, their D Magically got bad.

It’s not magic folks! It’s Simpatico.

There’s only a couple of good defenses [Htn, Den and Seattle w/ Thomas] and a couple of bad. The rest are just like GB, 20-30 yards/game that can be adjusted for injuries level of competition and meaningless yards jump a team 10-15 spots in rankings. The Simpatico affect is the norm; the outlier is when both teams are running up the field scoring drive after drive. Next time, GB’s Defense looks bad, stop the illogical childish angry lashing out and THINK: Simpatico first [then lash-out against our porous defense😁].

In addition to and even more important than 4th Q comebacks: Brady excels big-time over Rodgers in sealing the games in the 4th Q. Ryan was Rodgers-esque on this issue and the guy choked. Late in 3rd and 4th Q, suddenly the offense sucked, Ryan’s collar tightened. Even still, when a FG ends the game, Ryan took a mindless sack, no doubt Doppleganger took over for Ryan. 4th Q Ryan was not who played against Seattle, GB and the first 3 quarters of SB.
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
I think the difference is more Coaching, than it is a comparison between Brady and Rodgers. Patriots seem willing to run whatever on offense that they have the players to run, They have been throw it up deep, they have run the ball and they have relied on short crosses. They also scheme to get players open. McCarthy on the other hand, depends on matchups and expects the guy to beat the guy across from them.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
sschind
7 years ago

One can always pick a play or a game and attempt to prop a position [Logical fallacy: proof by example].

Another error is failing to understand the simpatico between the D and the O [And I know most of you know it, you’re just being obstinate to protect you idols].

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

The biggest error is saying that Rodgers is 100% incapable of a comeback like that.

uffda udfa
7 years ago
Simpatico. That's deep into the repertoire.

In the 1st half, Brady's WRs looked they'd been boating with Bieber. Couldn't catch a cold.

Bad defense is bad defense although I agree ball control is definitely a tool to mask it.

I believe the D plays as hard as it feels it needs to. In 2011, our D was as bad as any in NFL history up to that point. It knew they could just try to cherry pick turnovers because our O was going to score a ton.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Cheesey
7 years ago
Rodgers had 40 TD passes this year. If we had a decent D, we could have beat any team. Same as the 15-1 season.
if we dont get some SERIOUS defensive players, we will have wasted the career of one of the best QB's of all time.
The Atlanta Falcons did their best impersonation of the "Minnesota Vikings" in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl. That was the biggest choke job I have ever seen.
UserPostedImage
millertime
7 years ago
I think GB has more overall talent than New England. The coaching and execution is the difference. Belichek defense do not give up big points or big plays, which unfortunately has become a staple of Capers' defenses.

I think McCarthy is a top 10 coach, but Belichek really is the best ever. McCarthy would have gone 8-8 with that Patriot's roster and missing Brady for 4 games.

I think the Packers would benefit from a new coaching staff as the guys have gotten too content with missing out on Super Bowls. Unfortunately, there are no candidates that are clear upgrades to McCarthy so I'd prefer to have him than a relative unknown.
The_Green_Ninja
7 years ago

I think GB has more overall talent than New England. The coaching and execution is the difference. Belichek defense do not give up big points or big plays, which unfortunately has become a staple of Capers' defenses.

I think McCarthy is a top 10 coach, but Belichek really is the best ever. McCarthy would have gone 8-8 with that Patriot's roster and missing Brady for 4 games.

I think the Packers would benefit from a new coaching staff as the guys have gotten too content with missing out on Super Bowls. Unfortunately, there are no candidates that are clear upgrades to McCarthy so I'd prefer to have him than a relative unknown.

Originally Posted by: millertime 

This right here. 100%
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
It's just hysterical seeing Mike McCarthy defended. When he was brought aboard not a single person defending him today could've possibly been in his corner when he was hired based on the idea of a relative unknown replacing our current HC.
Mike McCarthy was the very definition of a relative unknown when he was hired. Now, today after multiple failings our fan base is frantically defending him for fear of him being replaced with a relative unknown.

The irony is deep here. That's not even mentioning that there was no way anyone could've said Mike McCarthy was a clear upgrade when he was hired. He wasn't.

The lack of logic here is baffling but we are in a post truth society so things like this are becoming the norm.

Everyone here knows Mike McCarthy is several rungs below Bill Belichick. So, the conclusion of most is to stick with way less than BB instead of trying to find the next BB because it might be worse? Really? C'mon, man.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Porforis
7 years ago

It's just hysterical seeing Mike McCarthy defended. When he was brought aboard not a single person defending him today could've possibly been in his corner when he was hired based on the idea of a relative unknown replacing our current HC.

Mike McCarthy was the very definition of a relative unknown when he was hired. Now, today after multiple failings our fan base is frantically defending him for fear of him being replaced with a relative unknown.

The irony is deep here. That's not even mentioning that there was no way anyone could've said Mike McCarthy was a clear upgrade when he was hired. He wasn't.

The lack of logic here is baffling but we are in a post truth society so things like this are becoming the norm.

Everyone here knows Mike McCarthy is several rungs below Bill Belichick. So, the conclusion of most is to stick with way less than BB instead of trying to find the next BB because it might be worse? Really? C'mon, man.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

What I find hysterical is the fact that the fanbase seems to think the Packers are talented enough to win it all every few years but constantly bitch and complain about our QB, WRs (at least early in the year), CBs, head coach, offensive coordinator, GM, punter, and ability to get pressure. With as much complaining as we get about the talent we have on the field and on the sidelines, you'd think we were the Cleaveland Browns. Any form of positive comment or defense of a player or coach is interpreted as blind homerism and you're not REALLY a fan until you rip the entire team a new one.
uffda udfa
7 years ago

What I find hysterical is the fact that the fanbase seems to think the Packers are talented enough to win it all every few years but constantly bitch and complain about our QB, WRs (at least early in the year), CBs, head coach, offensive coordinator, GM, punter, and ability to get pressure. With as much complaining as we get about the talent we have on the field and on the sidelines, you'd think we were the Cleaveland Browns. Any form of positive comment or defense of a player or coach is interpreted as blind homerism and you're not REALLY a fan until you rip the entire team a new one.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Just for the record, I have never said homers weren't fans nor implied it. I've implied several times certain types of thinkers were homers, yes, but doesn't mean you're not a fan. Nobody would accuse me of being a homer, in fact, homers accuse me of not being a fan because I'm not a homer.

Additionally, I have repeatedly said we have the QUARTERBACK to be in contention year after year. You can't get staked to that big of a lead over all the other teams and continually fail with it. I've consistently ripped this defense and the one drafting for it and pined for a true #1 WR...the kind with speed. Pined for speed at RB and a 3rd down guy who can change games for us. Have pined for passion on D and in general. Ripped Ted and Mike for years. Nothing has changed in the way I view this team and it's management. It's disappointing seeing your favorite sports franchise fall short because you don't have winners running it, rather, try hard types that occasionally talk tough. It's really down right depressing. It's a far cry from the Harlan, Wolf, Holmgren days. No reason to not want that kind of a time back or better. Why does shooting for lower, close, or almost have to be acceptable to everyone? We watch our people like Dorsey and McKenzie leave the flock and get their teams to the playoffs right off the bat. We watch them use all avenues to improve their team while our fans praise the guy holding this team back year after year so much so our only true star has to stand up and beg we go ALL IN for once...not incidentally, what I've been saying for years. It is time for our org to put the focus on the coming season and really try winning the SB instead of just hoping it might happen because some 3rd stringer plays against us. I've pined against the flatline of this organization...it's exactly what it is...a flatline. No improvement...just the same stuff year after year after year. I'm sure we would've beaten Atlanta had they had to play their 3rd string QB, because they have no 3rd stringer on the depth chart.

All we've heard for 6 long years is excuse after excuse after excuse with next to no changes made over that long 6 years...and...here we go, AGAIN, with the same lack of changes going into 2017. If you're a homer I highly resent your viewpoint as to this franchise. It's in total opposition to reason. 6 years of failure over and over and over. Shoot, bad teams change more because they don't want to stay bad. A good team should be changing so it can become great but the fear of not being good is greater than the desire to be great.

That is the heart of all this. The homers are so fearful of not being good that they don't even dare to think about being great. The fear of not being good is so much stronger than the desire of being great. That is where the road forks for posters like me and some others vs. the masses here. Some of us desire greatness and are extremely comfortable taking the risks to get there. The homer is blissful hearing how we have a chance year after year and doesn't want that messed with for fear they'll no longer hear us being talked about as having a chance. It's sad. It's a SHOOT LOW mentality. It's not even a debate about how people view things here. There are aim high types and a vast majority of shoot low types. That's just how it is. Please, don't hate those who truly desire greatness. It's just wrong to do so.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (1h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (1h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (2h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (17h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
32m / Random Babble / Martha Careful

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.