uffda udfa
7 years ago
Two problems. The amount of the contract. The age and decline.

21st highest RB contract? There are 32 teams so that would mean James was paid better than 11 other teams top back.

There would be 64 backs among the 32 teams if you're counting backups. James was in the top third. Way too much.

You've already seen what Rodney said and the comments to it. All trolls including Rodney? No. Just non homers who care about the Packers.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

musccy
7 years ago

21st highest RB contract? There are 32 teams so that would mean James was paid better than 11 other teams top back.

There would be 64 backs among the 32 teams if you're counting backups. James was in the top third. Way too much.

You've already seen what Rodney said and the comments to it. All trolls including Rodney? No. Just non homers who care about the Packers.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

2 yr deal, and he hadn't hit 30 yet. Wherever he ranks on rb payouts is deceptive since there are a lot of rookie contracts he was likely to exceed with any vet deal he would have signed.

993 total yards and 5 tds in 2015 and you sign him to a max of 3 mil/year. We spent 3+ times as much for Sam Shields to play half a game last year.

PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

What was the better alternative at that time? Going with Lacy without any veteran backup? Bringing in somebody who doesn't know the offense?
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
uffda udfa
7 years ago

What was the better alternative at that time? Going with Lacy without any veteran backup? Bringing in somebody who doesn't know the offense?

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Better alternative was not paying James that kind of money. He was more of a vet min type guy and he got 2 years 6 mil. Bad deal for us on front side and in hindsight.

We played Knile Davis, Christine Michael, Ty Montgomery and Don Jackson at RB. None of those guys knew the offense for the RB position very well. That is Packers Ted talk right there. Stick to what we know even if it isn't good enough. Geesh.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
7 years ago

No, Rodney is respectable and not a two faced troll like you.

There is a huge difference... the difference is you will find a way to bitch about it no matter what happens and you always do. That's not like Rodney... they can make a move that Rodney likes.... but no matter what happens you will find fault that's a huge difference and that's what makes you the troll of this site.

You say you want FA vets... Then Ted Thompson signs and then you complain about how much it cost... it never ends.... you will find something to complain about. .. that's your goal and you've stated you hate the ra rate Packers fans, your are the ba ba Packer fan.... just as blind and biased as they are, but in the opposite direction

UserPostedImage
beast
7 years ago

The difference is clearly the rookie scale, so Starks was the 21st best paid veteran RB .. so what?

The whole thread is still stupidity over a small percentage of contract ... there is more dead cap space then Stark earn this last year. But we're stupidity talking about Starks because the troll is trying to stir the pot.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
AND ONCE AGAIN !!!

ALLABOUTUFFDA.COM

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Rodney and I are very similar. I don't rip everything. The pervasive mindset of this org deserves to be ripped, so I rip it. He rips what he believes needs to be ripped, also. Just as Bob McGinn does.

If I don't like the way we operate, and I don't, then it follows most of what I have to post is going to be unflattering toward the org. The converse is also true. You buy the company line so it follows you are a more agreeable happy fan.

Loved the Peppers acquisition. I really loved it for one season...Possibly, two. Despised it for this year and would be out of my mind if they bring him back again like Barfarn wants.

I will despise our offseason if it's the typical do nothing off season. I already hate that it appears the only change in coaching is Clements leaving and hot McGarigle joining.

Love the release of Starks. Love it! Late but love it.
Disappointed Sam had to go but can't count on him.

Hoping Peppers is done. The Ted Thompson fan mindset would be to be okay with overpaying him since he knows the D and we have nobody else

Hoping Clay is restructured. His cap number makes him uncuttable for one more season.

Really want to see some moves whether FA signing or trades. I would like a first wave signing. Prefer a CB because if we don't get a top flight CB it all but guarantees we reach for a CB in Round 1 and it will be sold, again, as BPA. Tired of failed high defensive draft choices and listening to how we need to wait 3 years before we can expect them to make a difference.

Tired of injuries. Softest team in the league almost annually.

Hated our preseason approach last preseason. Paid for it with 4-6.

Want to see a focus on 2017. Not just a focus on the next 3 seasons.

Get Logan Ryan from the Pats and use your 1st rounder on a true BPA whether Dalvin Cook, OJ Howard, Williams from Clemson, or one of the other top WRs.

Time to see surfable waves or at least ripples in the water instead of the same stagnant sea.
UserPostedImage

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

No, Rodney is respectable and not a two faced troll like you.

There is a huge difference... the difference is you will find a way to bitch about it no matter what happens and you always do. That's not like Rodney... they can make a move that Rodney likes.... but no matter what happens you will find fault that's a huge difference and that's what makes you the troll of this site.

You say you want FA vets... Then Ted Thompson signs and then you complain about how much it cost... it never ends.... you will find something to complain about. .. that's your goal and you've stated you hate the ra rate Packers fans, your are the ba ba Packer fan.... just as blind and biased as they are, but in the opposite direction

Originally Posted by: beast 

beast while I may not agree with every one of your posts, there are enough of them that I can say whether I agree or not, I love ya man but you have to stop attacking other members. I have been gone all day so I have not had the time to read the posts. No doubt you are frustrated that still doesn't give you leave to make personal comments. I know that there have been a few members that have gotten to me in the past. I probably didn't handle it as well as I should have. I even put myself in a time out for most of last year. It isn't worth getting worked up.

Take a deep breath clinch your teeth and move on. Please.

This thread has been teetering all day. Keep the focus on Starks. Talking about the RB position as a whole is reasonable too.
UserPostedImage
beast
7 years ago

Talking about the RB position as a whole is reasonable too.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

If you read the first post, the thread isn't about the RB position... it's about Ted Thompson and contracts.

If you know about Uffda basic opinion, he doesn't like the calm passive approach, he wants to be more aggressive and sign more guys... which comes with bigger contracts... and when there are bigger contract (in this case for Starks) Uffda doesn't like that either....

So it's one mega cluster fuck circle... that no matter what happens he finds a negative way to spin everything.... if people aren't signed, then they're not trying hard enough and they're horrible at their job... if they are signed then it's they're bad deals and they're horrible at their job.

That's what the first post of this thread is really about... Ted Thompson being horrible at his job according to Uffda.... but because it's spun into a Starks contract we're suppose to threat it any differently than the 100s or 1,000s or other post/threads Uffda used to say Thompson is horrible at his job? .................. Why are we suppose to treat it differently? It's the same old shit that he always post... nothing is different about it.... other than Starks name is in the header, but the post is about Thompson, o Starks

I love ya man but you have to stop attacking other members.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

How many different people have called Uffda out on his clear bullshit over the years and how many people he has put off over and over and over again and lately no one has done a damn thing.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.