uffda udfa
7 years ago
This is excerpted from an ESPN.com Insider piece by John Clayton:

The Packers got the most votes of any team among 6 executives asked to predict the next SB matchup. NE and Pitt received two votes, while we received 3.

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers looked unbeatable toward the end of the 2016 season, but things caught up to the Packers in the NFC Championship Game. Their receiving corps was injured. They battled injuries at cornerback all season and weren't as good at that position. But they have Rodgers, and with Rodgers there is hope.

What NFL executives said:

"I would imagine [general manager] Ted Thompson will be a little more aggressive in free agency. Ted disdains using free agency and loves to build through the draft and undrafted players. But you can sense a lot of people are getting in his ear and suggesting filling some of the holes by signing a few extra veterans."

"Aaron Rodgers was the game's best quarterback down the stretch, and he should carry that over into next season. Think about it. They were 4-6. Rodgers was in a slump that went back into the 2015 season. Rodgers ran the table until the Atlanta game. He should play the whole season at that high level. Watch out."

"The Packers need help at running back and on defense. Well, guess what? It's a great draft for running backs and a very good one on defense. That should work in their behalf."

http://www.espn.com/insider/ 

--So, we're the favorites because of ????????? Mike McCarthy? Ted Thompson? Anyone else? Yes...Aaron freaking Rodgers...and the belief that Ted will actually do something this offseason to improve this team which seems a long shot. It wouldn't be a long shot with a different GM. Everyone knows we need to be more aggressive in FA...everyone but Ted. He's going to do it his way...the UDFA way so people can say what a genius he is when Aaron carries us to the playoffs again and loses there for lack of talent elsewhere.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
DAMNIT!!!!! NOW LAST POST!!!!!

TED THOMPSON SUCKS!!!

MIKE MCCARTHY SUCKS!!!!!

THE WHOLE PACKER ORGANIZATION SUCKS!!!!

oh....Except Aaron Rodgers.

DISAGREE? THEN YOU KNOW NOTHING AND I AM A MUCH BETTER FAN THAN YOU ARE!!!!!

ALLABOUTUFFDA .COM !!!!!!!

I WIN!!!! I WIN!!!!! I WIN!!!!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Just embarrassing, Buck.

I'm sorry I don't believe that... Everything is awesome. Everything is cool when you're part of a team.

This thread is Packers flattering. What's the issue? Oh, right. Me. Your favorite subject
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

mojaveson
7 years ago
Big deal ESPN, I predict the Packers will be in the Super Bowl every season. [pinkele]

I don't know what that emoticon signifies, I used it because I like elephants.
Winners never quit and quitters never win. - Vince Lombardi
beast
7 years ago

Big deal ESPN, I predict the Packers will be in the Super Bowl every season. [pinkele]

I don't know what that emoticon signifies, I used it because I like elephants.

Originally Posted by: mojaveson 

Good post.

UserPostedImage
DoddPower
7 years ago
This team must be a minimum of 80% Aaron Rodgers. It would be nice if it was more like 50-70%, but I'm not holding my breath.
Porforis
7 years ago
Seriously guys.

Yes it's obnoxious when people fetishize the failures of the Packers. Yes, it doesn't make any sense to expect this team to win it all every few years (implying this is an extremely talented, top 3 team) and yet constantly complain about the failures of the coaching staff, players on offense and defense, and GM.

But seriously, let's stay on subject.
[End of PSA]

The defense needs a ton of work. The Packers need someone besides Montgomery in the backfield in order to keep him as effective as he is when he has been running it. Rodgers needs to put in a full 16+ games and work on consistency. And maybe we could not have a MASH unit out there, but not much you can do about that (or at least I don't see that improving).
uffda udfa
7 years ago
I don't believe we're Top 3 in talent. Rodgers and everyone else. Dallas minus a great QB drafted Top 5. With a great QB, and Elliott, a legit SB contender.

No fetishising our failures. Would've preferred we beat Atlanta and then New England.

What's wrong with wanting a new and better direction? Why is Aaron pleading to go all in? Why? Because we're not and haven't been. Translation...We should've been.

Why such a huge disconnect in understanding that when you have Aaron you should be winning more than you are? Jerry freaking Jones set up Dak better in his 1st season than Ted set up Aaron in the last 6.

For 25 years I've heard that with our QB we always have a chance. Amazed how sporadically that chance has panned out while NE just played in their 7th SB with Brady and 8th if you count the Bledsoe one vs. us.

Sucks only seeing 3 for us in 25 years of Brett and Aaron. Then, again, NE has had Parcells and Belichick.

12 years of Ted and one SB appearance is good work? Good enough?
UserPostedImage

Porforis
7 years ago
We beat Dallas - Wouldn't that also make us a legit SB contender? Do we all remember how insane everyone was going over Cam Newton as a rookie, and what's the opinion on the Panthers now? What about RGIII? Dak is neither of these players but it's early to say he's going to be an excellent QB. All this talk about going all in may be right but what happens if we go all in and don't win the super bowl? I mean, we were one win away from the super bowl this year - If we're not top 3 in talent, why would having one or two additional players necessarily put us over the hump to win it all? Especially since plenty of people hate Ted Thompson picks?

I don't know, it just all seems inconsistent to me. Completely addressing the post, I absolutely hate superbowl talk prior to the postseason no matter what team it's about, period. Completely useless garbage and a lazy way to generate clicks and fill up airtime.
uffda udfa
7 years ago
We're always going to be legit with Aaron playing out of his mind. We're a 4-6 type team when he doesn't.

Yes. Aaron just needs a little help. He's good enough to do the rest. Put a hill on his back and not Mt. Everest and it'll be very different. Signing a former underachiever in Jared Cook made a huge difference to Aaron. That took nothing to accomplish. Just the realization that your 3rd round TE wasn't ever going to be good enough. See it? Give Aaron RR at TE and it's hard to succeed because he sucks. Give him just a decent talent in Cook and... Magic. Do that upgrade in a few more areas and it'll change everything. Not some illogical inconsistent ramblings of a mad fan. Just the truth. Aaron is asking for what I've been asking for. Is that not true? Most of you haven't asked and don't even think to. Contentment leads to not winning.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (59m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.