uffda udfa
7 years ago
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786222/article/nfc-north-rookie-grades-jordan-howard-boosts-bears 

---Not a great review for the Packers. I thought Martinez knew how to play and was an upgrade just based on the slop we've had there over the years. Lowry surprised me and might be the best out of this group as far as draftees, and I still have high hopes for Brice being a difference maker.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786222/article/nfc-north-rookie-grades-jordan-howard-boosts-bears

---Not a great review for the Packers. I thought Martinez knew how to play and was an upgrade just based on the slop we've had there over the years. Lowry surprised me and might be the best out of this group as far as draftees, and I still have high hopes for Brice being a difference maker.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

It's really hard to analyze a draft class after just one year. You would like your 1st rounder to contribute heavily in year one if they are a top half pick. When you're picking later in the round, it's kind of expected and understood it could happen, but less likely.

Kenny Clark did continue to get better through the season and that's what you ask of your young players. Progress, progress and progress more.

We should evaluate the draft from three seasons ago as we've had a plethora of games to formulate an opinion on. Right now, it's just too soon to get excited or depressed over the 2016 draft class.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago
First, the thread is stupid. The Bears drafted much higher and most of the players are still being evaluated through the prism of their draft position, not solely as NFL players. Floyd had 2x the snaps and 7.5 sacks and PFF still graded him worse than Clark, who was picked 18 spots later. Clark was outstanding and much more assignment sure than Floyd who played horribly against the run and disappeared against better OTs. Most of his sacks came when he was unblocked. Also, the rookies get more opportunities with a crap team than a team with a strong 53. Whitehair got 1000 snaps with Bears and looks like a keeper; but he wouldn’t have gotten one snap if GB drafted him.

And Comparing Fackrall to Floyd; right now I take Fackrell long term, based on rookie play. PFF graded Fackrell better in 146 reg. season snaps to Floyd’s 537 and Fackrell’s body was not nearly as NFL ready as Floyd’s. Fackrell has more upside as he gets stronger and has the better football head; if the light comes on for Floyd he could end up better. Multiplying Fackrell’s stats by 3.7 to adjust for snaps both had 7.5 sacks; Fackrell 22 pressures to 16; Fackrell 30 tackles to 23; Floyd 10 assists to 4. Our 3rd round out played their #9.

When adjusting for draft position; after 1 year if any judgment can be made, which it cant cause it is stupid, GB easily out drafted Chicago and the rest of the division.
nerdmann
7 years ago

First, the thread is stupid. The Bears drafted much higher and most of the players are still being evaluated through the prism of their draft position, not solely as NFL players. Floyd had 2x the snaps and 7.5 sacks and PFF still graded him worse than Clark, who was picked 18 spots later. Clark was outstanding and much more assignment sure than Floyd who played horribly against the run and disappeared against better OTs. Most of his sacks came when he was unblocked. Also, the rookies get more opportunities with a crap team than a team with a strong 53. Whitehair got 1000 snaps with Bears and looks like a keeper; but he wouldn’t have gotten one snap if GB drafted him.

And Comparing Fackrall to Floyd; right now I take Fackrell long term, based on rookie play. PFF graded Fackrell better in 146 reg. season snaps to Floyd’s 537 and Fackrell’s body was not nearly as NFL ready as Floyd’s. Fackrell has more upside as he gets stronger and has the better football head; if the light comes on for Floyd he could end up better. Multiplying Fackrell’s stats by 3.7 to adjust for snaps both had 7.5 sacks; Fackrell 22 pressures to 16; Fackrell 30 tackles to 23; Floyd 10 assists to 4. Our 3rd round out played their #9.

When adjusting for draft position; after 1 year if any judgment can be made, which it cant cause it is stupid, GB easily out drafted Chicago and the rest of the division.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I really expect Fackrell to go thru puberty this offseason. Excited to see what he's got on the other side. But I still want Ted to nab a sack artist at that position.

As far as the draft goes, I thought Spriggs faded late. Possibly had to do with playing out of position, but I'd like to see him bounce back from that. If he pans out, this draft will look significantly better.

Btw, I blocked uffda precisely for what you said. Trying to attribute weird motives to me for why I disagreed with him. It's weird man. He was private messaging me, trying to psychoanalyze, telling me why I couldn't admit I was wrong, all kinds of weird shit. Look in the mirror, dude. 🤣

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Hmmm. If the thread is stupid take it up with NFL.com. It's fair to discuss what impact each team got from it's rookie class.

We clearly didn't get much. The conditioning tells us to wait until each player has a chance to make his 2nd year jump. When that doesn't happen, everyone will have forgotten focusing on the new crop of underperformers from the current draft class.

If this article would've extolled the great impact we received from our rookies I guarantee there would be no mention of it being stupid. It's only stupid because it tells the truth that we got little from this class this year. Don't fight the truth narrative. Sure, this could be a fine draft class in time but early returns aren't positive.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
7 years ago

Hmmm. If the thread is stupid take it up with NFL.com. It's fair to discuss what impact each team got from it's rookie class.

We clearly didn't get much. The conditioning tells us to wait until each player has a chance to make his 2nd year jump. When that doesn't happen, everyone will have forgotten focusing on the new crop of underperformers from the current draft class.

If this article would've extolled the great impact we received from our rookies I guarantee there would be no mention of it being stupid. It's only stupid because it tells the truth that we got little from this class this year. Don't fight the truth narrative. Sure, this could be a fine draft class in time but early returns aren't positive.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I AM NOT YOU! I WOULD NEVER ACT LIKE YOU! EVER! UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

I evaluate what I see HONESTLY and report it. I dont decide a player is great or bad and then fiddle fuck the facts and argument around to bend the truth to meet a silly depraved childish agenda.

Draft grades after the draft: STUPID! After the draft Altanta got Ds across the board. Then OOPS! Their 1st 4 picks all started in the SB and played very well in the season. Now let's just say Witherspoon, Tamme, Worrilow and the starting safety didn't get hurt and these 4 guys played back-up minutes all year. Bucky would have given them a D; because Bucky is a dipwad, he didn't watch tape on these guys; he's doing an uffda, looking at stats and old draftnik reports. My football inner circle consists of many Bear fans; we get together for and/or discuss Bears and Packer games, I study Bear games [not as much as GB games] especially for the youngsters. I know these Bears players 10 times better than Bucky boy and you, pfft, well you dont know squat about any of these players. Which is why you wont talk football!

I digress. Anyway, Bucky graded GB as 2nd best out of 4 and we drafted last, what the heck is wrong with that? That's very complimentary of Ted's drafting; only problem, it don't mean didly-poo. The entire issue is STUPID!

Now in this thread you baited Buckeye, saying let's talk football. Well let's go you [assho]. Talk football dont tell me what I feel. I mean who the blippin hell do you think you are? Let's talk football or [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth].

I researched an evaluated and compared some of our players to the Bears. why not discus that? I mean WHY CANT YOU DISCUSS THAT!

I stated FACTS! And you say...DUH, we didn't get that much. I freakin' showed you that our 3rd round out played their #9. Oh lord Amon Goeth, you speak with such expertise. Lord Uffda, could you please show me how I can support everything I say with my own opinions [Giggling like a little girl emoji]😉

You already said our draft was crap, I didn't even respond, no need. So why you saying it again. You want to talk football lets talk football. Oh wait, are you trying to stir up crap? 😱.

But oh my god if your just going to try to SHOVE YOUR AGENDA DOWN MY THROAT😨 , by repeating what you said over and over and over and over and over and over and over again! I need some effing garlic and Wolfbane.

Again you said to Buck, you wanted to talk football...Now you are going to talk football here and now or prove your entire mission is to bait and create discord. What are you doing responding this way to my post.
If you dont respond about football, like you goated Buck about, you should banned from this forum. Address my comments about those players and I dont want yo here you talk of ANYTHING else. Or dont respond.

Talk FOOTBALL. We're evaluating the draft class now evaluate each Bear player; the each PAcker one. And again nothing else. Evaluate these players like a man, like the expert we told Ted youour in our letterto him about your GM school and eyeball test.

The form should be like this:

CLark: blah blah blah
Spriggs: blah blah blah
Fackrell: balh bah balh

Floyd: Blah Blah Blay
Whitehari: Blah balh balh

draw a conclusion or two from the information above. and taht 's it.
Barfarn
7 years ago

I really expect Fackrell to go thru puberty this offseason. Excited to see what he's got on the other side. But I still want Ted to nab a sack artist at that position.

As far as the draft goes, I thought Spriggs faded late. Possibly had to do with playing out of position, but I'd like to see him bounce back from that. If he pans out, this draft will look significantly better.

Btw, I blocked uffda precisely for what you said. Trying to attribute weird motives to me for why I disagreed with him. It's weird man. He was private messaging me, trying to psychoanalyze, telling me why I couldn't admit I was wrong, all kinds of weird shit. Look in the mirror, dude. 🤣

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Both Fackrell and Spriggs were not ready physically, so i agree 100% on puberty thing [quite funny]. 1.5 years in the program should bulk these guys up to where hey gotta be. Yea, and its tough for a rookie to learn 4 OL positions. We'll know what 1265 thinks of Spriggs when we see what they do with Lang and Tretter or get an outside guy. But that kid Patrick on PS played great with that club last summer, cant wait to see him play this summer.

Id typically never consider blocking anyone. I believe strongly I can learn something from each of the dumbest people in the world. But, Uffda is really making me consider blocking him. IMHO, if allowed to continue on his present course, Uffda will destroy this site I mean ya saw what happened to Marriatti 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
uffda udfa
7 years ago

I AM NOT YOU! I WOULD NEVER ACT LIKE YOU! EVER! UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

I evaluate what I see HONESTLY and report it. I dont decide a player is great or bad and then fiddle fuck the facts and argument around to bend the truth to meet a silly depraved childish agenda.

Draft grades after the draft: STUPID! After the draft Altanta got Ds across the board. Then OOPS! Their 1st 4 picks all started in the SB and played very well in the season. Now let's just say Witherspoon, Tamme, Worrilow and the starting safety didn't get hurt and these 4 guys played back-up minutes all year. Bucky would have given them a D; because Bucky is a dipwad, he didn't watch tape on these guys; he's doing an uffda, looking at stats and old draftnik reports. My football inner circle consists of many Bear fans; we get together for and/or discuss Bears and Packer games, I study Bear games [not as much as GB games] especially for the youngsters. I know these Bears players 10 times better than Bucky boy and you, pfft, well you dont know squat about any of these players. Which is why you wont talk football!

I digress.

Anyway, Bucky graded GB as 2nd best out of 4 and we drafted last, what the heck is wrong with that?

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

That's very complimentary of Ted's drafting; only problem, it don't mean didly-poo. The entire issue is STUPID!

Now in this thread you baited Buckeye, saying let's talk football. Well let's go you [assho]. Talk football dont tell me what I feel. I mean who the blippin hell do you think you are? Let's talk football or [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth] [zipmouth].

I researched an evaluated and compared some of our players to the Bears. why not discus that? I mean WHY CANT YOU DISCUSS THAT!

I stated FACTS! And you say...DUH, we didn't get that much. I freakin' showed you that our 3rd round out played their #9. Oh lord Amon Goeth, you speak with such expertise. Lord Uffda, could you please show me how I can support everything I say with my own opinions [Giggling like a little girl emoji]😉

You already said our draft was crap, I didn't even respond, no need. So why you saying it again. You want to talk football lets talk football. Oh wait, are you trying to stir up crap? 😱.

But oh my god if your just going to try to SHOVE YOUR AGENDA DOWN MY THROAT😨 , by repeating what you said over and over and over and over and over and over and over again! I need some effing garlic and Wolfbane.

Again you said to Buck, you wanted to talk football...Now you are going to talk football here and now or prove your entire mission is to bait and create discord. What are you doing responding this way to my post.
If you dont respond about football, like you goated Buck about, you should banned from this forum. Address my comments about those players and I dont want yo here you talk of ANYTHING else. Or dont respond.

Talk FOOTBALL. We're evaluating the draft class now evaluate each Bear player; the each PAcker one. And again nothing else. Evaluate these players like a man, like the expert we told Ted youour in our letterto him about your GM school and eyeball test.

The form should be like this:

CLark: blah blah blah
Spriggs: blah blah blah
Fackrell: balh bah balh

Floyd: Blah Blah Blay
Whitehari: Blah balh balh

draw a conclusion or two from the information above. and taht 's it.

I'm glad you want to talk football. Let's start with you reading the article. Bucky didn't grade us 2nd. When you read it we can get into it.

May I ask where I said draft grades after a draft mean something? You are arguing against air.

Were you ever going to get around to addressing that we got next to nothing from this draft class?

I'm tired of hearing about Buck. He stalked me relentlessly and you're talking of how I'm going to ruin this forum? You've alleged I'm a racist and a terrible human being. You have some nerve telling me how bad I act or how to conduct myself.

You want to dictate terms to me? You don't run me nor will you ever.

Here's what I know... Jordan Howard had more impact than our entire class and it wasn't even close. I know that the OL we traded up for that caused the Bears to settle for Whitehair had far less impact and at this stage is nowhere as good. Floyd flashed far more skill than Fackrell. Based on the above I think I can confidently conclude that our draft was nowhere as impactful as the Bears.

Kenny Clark made a few plays all year. Josh Boyd flashed more when he was a rookie.

Spriggs looked like Barclay's little brother.

Fackrell needs 3 years in a weight room and plays way too passively.

I like Martinez. Smart. Good angles. Seems to have enough speed. Good tackler.

Davis is another Abby in the sense he's thin and not NFL ready body wise. Not that fast. No suddenness.

Lowry looks like a solid lunch pail guy. Not sure if he's just high floor or if he can get a whole lot better.

I like when you write dissertations and tell me why what I think is wrong. Good to have it on record.

EDIT: How awful and wrong for anyone to say Elliot and Prescott had great seasons. How does anyone know how they'll be in Year 3? That's the issue. Get it? The piece is talking about performance in Year 1 and is not dealing with anything else. Our class showed little. I know how conditioned we are with the second year jump thing but that's not what this is about.
UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
7 years ago
I just returned to Packersnotes.com a few days ago, and was catching up on some articles...

He wrote this piece on our draft class before the season was half over"

http://packersnotes.com/2016/11/draft-providing-little-impact-for-packers/ 

These kinds of articles are extremely fair. The only reason they're argued against is some don't like the reality of the situation that our young guys haven't been very good and they need to be when we're not using FA.

UserPostedImage

steveishere
7 years ago
I thought Kenny Clark looked like one of our best players in the playoffs even though they kept his snaps down for whatever reason. He also was the youngest player in the league. I'm excited to see him next year even though Dom will probably keep throwing useless Guion out there a bunch instead.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.