Cheesey
7 years ago
True Zero, sadly very true.
This place used to be a place where almost everyone here respected each other, even when they didn't agree.
Those days seem to be long gone now.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

If we have an aesthetically pleasing forum, why is it dominated by less than a handful of repetitive individuals with their nauseated same rhetoric over and over and over again?

PH was never meant to be a place like that. I can't come here to read Packers news and opinions without seeing the same 3 or 4 people shoving their opinion down my throat over and over again. It was meant to be a place where we get lots of various opinions ... freely.

As for this YAF software, maybe I'll grab the latest version, hack it up into what I want and strip out the rest. Might take less time than building one from scratch. I read that flarum guy quit his job and it took 8 months to get that software going. Color me intimidated! haha

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It's not anyone's fault that there are 3 or 4 people on this forum with regularity. Most will only read and never contribute. Some don't have strong opinions so they don't have the confidence to state them. Some may not like the topic.

No board is hopping this time of the year.

What is it like during the season when I'm not here? Vastly different?

I think there should be different sub forums. I believe I suggested that before.

There are Buck type posters who like the homer stuff and anything else is an affront to them.

If you had a critics forum that would keep people like me out of the main forum away from those who don't want critical evaluation of their favorite football team. I truly believe that would solve most of the issues here.

Heck. You could have a Ted only forum and a Mike McCarthy only forum. The Ted talk would then shift to a sub forum.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

True Zero, sadly very true.
This place used to be a place where almost everyone here respected each other, even when they didn't agree.
Those days seem to be long gone now.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

It's more so that some feel they need to repeat themselves in every thread and to every reply. I know it makes me not want to post because I know whatever I say, they will some how twist into a bashing session against the "current regime" or it'll be Aaron Rodgers is Jay Cutler and isn't executing the offense.

I just don't get it. I just don't understand why some feel they have to go on an on an on about the same thing and then ignorantly label people "homer" when they try to be positive about things. I mean, God forbid a FAN think POSITIVE about their team. What a crime, a low down dirty crime!

It's just discouraging and if I'm not wanting to post (keep in mind, I am the only one who pays to be at PH) because whatever I say will get muddied up and drowned out with "regime hate" ... what about all the lurkers who don't register?

Read the top five topics and the posts. If you weren't already registered, would you? Where in there is an opening for someone elses input when you know your'e going to get slaughtered for being a FAN of the Packers? You're either a homer or looking through green and gold glasses. For fucks sake, this is a fan website for GREEN BAY PACKERS!! Yet, being a supportive fan gets you ridiculed and just repetitive post after post until you give up because you just don't care to argue with some folks who are no better than a brick wall when it comes to conversing with.

I had planned on writing a piece every week or two when time permits. I even bought NFL Gamepass to review film to do it. Seeing those few people constantly just barrage posts with their same adage over and over again? It's just not worth my time because I've seen all the hate. I'm done with it.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago
FYI- I have seen tapatalk posts by people on another site. Since I don't post comment there I didn't both to load the app on my phone. I don't know if it is a good one one or not.

https://www.tapatalk.com/ 

reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Tapatalk-Inc/product-reviews/B0055ELS7U 
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago
I like it that we now get 20 posts on a page instead of 10. [pinkele]

It took me a couple of days to notice it.🤦
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

It's more so that some feel they need to repeat themselves in every thread and to every reply. I know it makes me not want to post because I know whatever I say, they will some how twist into a bashing session against the "current regime" or it'll be Aaron Rodgers is Jay Cutler and isn't executing the offense.

I just don't get it. I just don't understand why some feel they have to go on an on an on about the same thing and then ignorantly label people "homer" when they try to be positive about things. I mean, God forbid a FAN think POSITIVE about their team. What a crime, a low down dirty crime!

It's just discouraging and if I'm not wanting to post (keep in mind, I am the only one who pays to be at PH) because whatever I say will get muddied up and drowned out with "regime hate" ... what about all the lurkers who don't register?

Read the top five topics and the posts. If you weren't already registered, would you? Where in there is an opening for someone elses input when you know your'e going to get slaughtered for being a FAN of the Packers? You're either a homer or looking through green and gold glasses. For fucks sake, this is a fan website for GREEN BAY PACKERS!! Yet, being a supportive fan gets you ridiculed and just repetitive post after post until you give up because you just don't care to argue with some folks who are no better than a brick wall when it comes to conversing with.

I had planned on writing a piece every week or two when time permits. I even bought NFL Gamepass to review film to do it. Seeing those few people constantly just barrage posts with their same adage over and over again? It's just not worth my time because I've seen all the hate. I'm done with it.

I don't think there's a whole lot of HATE here. Don't ever recall feeling hateful when posting. I've been sworn at and called all kinds of names here even by you. That's hate and something I won't engage in. Hard opinions on a game we watch on TV should never lead to hate.

Why not make a Packers critical sub forum? I'd stay away from the homer main forum if we had one. Or... You could just ban non homers like most sites do. Homers and non homers are never going to get along.

TT, Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers are going to be the 3 most talked about and scrutinized members of the franchise. Will never change.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

I've been sworn at and called all kinds of names here even by you.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Don't lie.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Don't lie.

Not. If you want to use this as a reason to ban me you surely can but it's true.

If me telling the truth gets me banned again then that's just how it is. You've called me a DOUCHE on more than one occasion and used the f word and the a word toward me in shout just recently that was later wiped clean.

People know this is your site and if they see you do it they believe it's tolerated here. Buck and Barfarn have just recently followed your example.

It's ironic to me that I get heat for my opinions on the Packers while not a word is said when I'm called a racist, an a hole and told FU twice in the same post.
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Not. If you want to use this as a reason to ban me you surely can but it's true.

If me telling the truth gets me banned again then that's just how it is. You've called me a DOUCHE on more than one occasion and used the f word and the a word toward me in shout just recently that was later wiped clean.

People know this is your site and if they see you do it they believe it's tolerated here. Buck and Barfarn have just recently followed your example.

It's ironic to me that I get heat for my opinions on the Packers while not a word is said when I'm called a racist, an a hole and told FU twice in the same post.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I believe I said your take/opinion was douche, not you. I never met you. How can I say YOU are a douche? Either way, if you feel I have called you a douche, I apologize.

Myself included, I say some idiotic stupid things. I'll say it too. That doesn't mean I'm saying I am an idiot or stupid, just means something I said, or something I did was idiotic and/or stupid.

e.g. saying Aaron Rodgers is Jay Cutler is one idiotic moronic ignorant stupid ass thought.

Now, the person who said it, I'm not saying THEY are those things, just merely the thought that Cutler and Rodgers are the same ilk is those words.

I've said it probably 49 times now. I like your outside the box thinking. What I don't like is you drowning out everyone else so only your thinking is front page. Instead of leading a horse to water, you dump gallons of water on the horse and when the horse doesn't drink, you call them homers.

I don't see a reason for you to be suspended or banned.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago
Zero it was not just uffda. Apparently I misunderstood some of your "douche" comments too. It just shows that it is easy for people to not communicate effectively on any message board. I know I have had to explain my thoughts on more than one occasion because I was not making myself clear.
UserPostedImage