Zero2Cool
7 years ago

I agree. We got lucky with letting Sitton go. We need to keep TJ.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

You think the Packers were lucky? So, you think they just said see ya without knowing what they had in the pipe shoot? I am going to be one of those silly people who thinks the Packers are more well-thought with there decisions and I think they knew there wouldn't be a massive drop off.

I do think re-signing T.J. Lang would be a good thing. The line as individuals is not great, but together, and healthy, they form a helluva five-some.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
My gut is telling me TJ will probably be gone. I think they saw enough in Spriggs this year to want to get him on the field. And you want to bring in the young guy when you have him surrounded by veterans which we have. That would give Spriggs a few years to build his experience before Bulaga's contact expires.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
TheKanataThrilla
7 years ago
A player that has been all over the place in the first and second round of mock drafts is Forrest Lamp. I am wondering if we let Lang go would we consider selecting Lamp with our first pick and push Bulaga inside? I would hate to lose a quality RT to G, but would it make some sense as it would allow Spriggs to play and allow another top quality player to develop.
TheKanataThrilla
7 years ago
Or you could plug Lamp in at Guard from day 1 and have Bulaga and Spriggs battle for the starting RT spot.
Cheesey
7 years ago

You think the Packers were lucky? So, you think they just said see ya without knowing what they had in the pipe shoot? I am going to be one of those silly people who thinks the Packers are more well-thought with there decisions and I think they knew there wouldn't be a massive drop off.

I do think re-signing T.J. Lang would be a good thing. The line as individuals is not great, but together, and healthy, they form a helluva five-some.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Wow....when I said "lucky", I didn't mean the Packers were stupid, or didn't know what they were doing. I meant "lucky" in the way that it worked out for them and it didn't end up destroying their o- line, and thus, their season.
I KNOW that they know a hell of a lot more then I know as far as football personnel moves.

UserPostedImage
Dulak
7 years ago
Lang is probably my favorite OL guy. Least for personality etc ... Goes in and does his work.

I hope we keep him.
Barfarn
7 years ago

Lang is probably my favorite OL guy. Least for personality etc ... Goes in and does his work.

I hope we keep him.

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

Bad news, Today Lang said he's going to test the water.
Good news, he said he's giving Ted last look.

Overall I think this bodes well for your wish Dulak; but it means GB is not super enthralled about Spriggs starting and/or the depth behind him.
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

Bad news, Today Lang said he's going to test the water.
Good news, he said he's giving Ted last look.

Overall I think this bodes well for your wish Dulak; but it means GB is not super enthralled about Spriggs starting and/or the depth behind him.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

If they didn't have confidence in Spriggs, they would probably already be talking with TJ. This would be a sign that they do have that faith in him that they are willing to risk losing Lang.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Yerko
7 years ago
Spriggs is in no way an option to replace TJ at guard. The best options the Packers have outside of not signing TJ is bringing Tretter back.
Kyle Murphy? Maybe.

I would like TJ back because I believe he is the veteran leader of this offensive line and that is needed. He has battled through numerous injuries to stay on the field which is rare to see today. However, his price tag will be high. Some of the guards getting extended are no where near TJ's abilities and are getting around $8.5/year right now.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago
I think GB offered a good deal, 3 years at about 5M per maybe with a SB of 3-4M and some bonus for playing time. The only contending team with cap space and need is NE and Bill don’t sign no 30 YO guards. So some loser stupid team [EG Browns] might over pay enough for TJ to leave; but I doubt it. I think Lang will be back.

Here’s the basis of my reasoning:

Tardif just got 8.4M per; but he's 26 and ascending; no comparison to Lang.

Lang is a physical mess. He rebroke his foot in Atl game and just announced he had successful hip surgery [a scope] in addition to the bad shoulders and knees all 30 YO OLmen have. That’s kinda scary; who announces they just had a successful scope unless the problem was substantial or it was more than a scope. It was supposedly to correct a genetic problem. If GB don’t like his medicals they may have offered less than 5M per.

There are very few Guards over 29 in the league! It is expected that Lang probably will not play to end of a 3 year deal he signs now. Of the top 32 Gs being paid right now all are under 29 except: 2 are 30YO; 3 are 31YO; 1 is 32 YO; 1 is 33 YO. Of the next 96 guards, 3 are 31 YO, rest under 29. This is a young man's position, this is a favorite spot for GMs to save cap space by inserting a 1st contract player.

Here’s the guys who are about Lang’s age or older and got new contracts. All other 30 YO guys who signed contracts prior to 2016 are already expired or terminated! Yanda is a HOF type player; he is no comparison to Lang and he only only got 7.9M per. Sitton was a stupid overpay and he’ll be cut/forced paycut if Long and Grasu are considered healthy.

Name, year and age when contract signed, contract terms
Yanda 2016 31 4yr/31.9M/9MSB
Sitton 2016 30 3yr/21M/2M SB
Icognito 2016 32 3yr/15.7M/3.4SB
Beadles 2016 29 3yr/9.75M/1.75SB
Foster 2016 30 3yr/9.6M/2.7SB
Slauson 2016 30 2yr/3M/.6SB
Babre 2015 30 3yr/4.35K/.6SB
Urbik 2016 30 2yr/2.5M/.25SB

In 2016 Chester (33) signed a 1 yr deal with Atl. For 2.35M; and in 2015 he (32) got a 1 yr 2.8M deal.

In 2016 Mathis (35) signed a 1 yr 4M deal with AZ played 2 or 3 games; in 2015 he (34) signed a 1 yr 2.5M deal; At 31 YO he was signed by the Philly dream team to a 5 yr 25.5M deal [2017 Equivalent to 5 yr/ 35.7M or 7.14M per] and he didn’t finish last 2 years of his deal.

In 2016 Jahri Evans (32) signed a 1 yr 1M deal

In 2015 John Jerry (29) signed a 2 yr/3.3M/.8SB

Levitre signed a big deal at 27 and at 29 had his deal cut. There’s talk of the same happening to 29 YO Iupati.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.