7 years ago
I think tramon is def worth a look! I also thinl leodis mckelvin could be a good additon as well. Only 31 a former 1st round pick. Get on the cheap. Lets be honest i dont see ted signing a big FA at the position and he is gonna trust randall for a starting spot. So we need depth and vetern depth.
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Welcome to the forum, Packersfan2690.

Great seeing a Packers fan from Mass.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

I think tramon is def worth a look! I also thinl leodis mckelvin could be a good additon as well. Only 31 a former 1st round pick. Get on the cheap. Lets be honest i dont see ted signing a big FA at the position and he is gonna trust randall for a starting spot. So we need depth and vetern depth.

Originally Posted by: Packersfan2690 

I wouldn't object to bringing Williams in for a look see. I seriously doubt he could start for the Packers even as the slot CB. He has, no doubt, lost a couple of steps. But kicking the tires is fine.

The same goes for McKelvin but I am even more skeptical of him. He has missed 16 games over the past 3 years. 31 is pretty old for a CB.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

Time to get down with research and homework !

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
7 years ago
Eddie Lacy & Adrian Peterson in the same backfield with Aaron Rodgers ?

IT IS POSSIBLE ! 🙄
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago
Without Ted's depth, this team would have been 4-12 last year.

Shake up the training staff. Ok and maybe Dom too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
7 years ago

Hey all
I dont think the packers are that far off to be honest.

We neex areas in which to retool (cb's, pass rushers) but i think the outlook looks positive for next year.

Originally Posted by: Packersfan2690 

They probably aren't that far off. But if Ted doesn't open his wallet and get the few pieces that we desperately NEED on defense, then all our offense talent won't matter. If you can't stop the other team, you will usually lose against decent teams.
Look at our 15-1 regular season a few years back. Our offense was KILLER! But again, just as last year, our defense couldn't stop any team with a decent offense. And when you get into the playoffs, you can bet you are going to meet up with at least one well balanced team that will steam roll your team if you don't have a decent defense.
We beat the Seahawks last season, with a bunch of Seahawks turnovers. But if you watch the game film, we got MANY lucky bounces, and their WR's dropping passes that really made the difference. Had they not had so many weird bounces, the game could have ended up as a loss.
You can't depend on that happening every week.
We NEED help big time on defense. Or it will be another non-championship season.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
7 years ago
I believe that GB's highest need right now is at the CB/CB's position.

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago

They probably aren't that far off. But if Ted doesn't open his wallet and get the few pieces that we desperately NEED on defense, then all our offense talent won't matter. If you can't stop the other team, you will usually lose against decent teams.
Look at our 15-1 regular season a few years back. Our offense was KILLER! But again, just as last year, our defense couldn't stop any team with a decent offense. And when you get into the playoffs, you can bet you are going to meet up with at least one well balanced team that will steam roll your team if you don't have a decent defense.
We beat the Seahawks last season, with a bunch of Seahawks turnovers. But if you watch the game film, we got MANY lucky bounces, and their WR's dropping passes that really made the difference. Had they not had so many weird bounces, the game could have ended up as a loss.
You can't depend on that happening every week.
We NEED help big time on defense. Or it will be another non-championship season.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Ted fully opens his wallet every year he has been a GM. Every year he spends all the cap money, if not on GB's FAs, then on outside one's.

2011 is a great example. With a historically bad defense we were 15-1, 5-0 against playoff teams. Why'd we lose in playoffs? It wasn't because we couldn't beat playoff teams, we were 5-0 and with that historic D we beat the Giants in NEW YORK! We lost in the playoffs because Rodgers played like a HOFer in regular season; but like bad Cutler in the playoffs.

In 2016, if Rodgers CONSISTENTLY played up to his contract for 16 games; we might have been 15-1 again. Heck this was a great team, with Rodgers back, we were 8-0 with 5 wins against playoff teams, 2 of those on the road. The Atlanta game would have been a different game, if we were 15-1, got a bye and played them at home. Though, if Rodgers played like he did in Atl game, we couldn't have won with the mid 1960's GB defense.

Again, I've never said Rodgers was Cutler; only that he was playing and acting like Cutler, when he was actually playing and acting like Cutler. That is Rodgers was flashing greatness and then playing like crap, often in the same game, and publicly blaming his mates and coaches for his crap play. In this era, it is impossible for a team to win 3-4 playoff games in a row even with a great defense if the QB plays like a Cutler.

Ted can spend all the cap and restructure everyone to steal $$$ from future years and spend 100-120M in cap this off season to sign 3-4-5-6 defensive studs. Then cast off every UDFA and low draft pick and sign all back-up veterans. But, it wont be worth a spit if Rodgers doesn't play up to his contract for EACH and EVERY playoff game in 2017.

In 2017, all we need is for Ted to fill the holes left by lost FAs and find a way for Rodgers plays like Rodgers. The ONLY other way is to trade Rodgers to Browns for their #1, #15, #33 trade the #1 down to get 5-6 of the first 35 picks. Use these picks and the Rodgers cap savings to sign Lang and vet OL backups, add some more weapons build a studly D and see where Hundley can take you.
Cheesey
7 years ago
Our defense wasn't the major reason we lost games this last season? Wow.
I guess I was watching a different Packer game.
The Falcons marching up and down the field with no resistance, that was Aaron Rodger's fault.
Or how the Cowboys almost beat us after Aaron Rodgers gave us a good lead.
Yup....all Aaron Rodger's fault.
Wow....just wow.
Rodgers wasn't perfect (no one is) but he STILL gives us a legit shot at another Super Bowl. (If Ted can get some decent guys on defense, that is).
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dhazer (33m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.