yooperfan
7 years ago
The amount of money being given to these athletes is shameful!
The absolute greed turns my stomach.
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
Some of you are living in the past! Most of you have come to grips that Ted should not pay Bart Starr 20M to QB us in 2017; ya know because though he was great, he's not going to be better that Tyrod Taylor. Now apply this EXACT same reasoning and realize Aaron Rodgers is gone, just like Starr. Unlike Starr, he has a chance to come back and I felt he was working his way back, until this. The egocentric ass plays like total crap in his last game and now he's asking for a raise. Was the 20 games the real Rodgers or the guy playing in the streak? You don't pay him a dime more until it's certain that Some ole Jay Doppleganger Cutler has been exercised.

HE's GONE: If you take Rodgers' stats for 20 games [last 10 of '15, first 10 of '16] we were 8-12 [in the other 12 games we were 12-0]. His average Passer rating is 88, which would rank him as 22nd best QB over the last 2 years. Worse than Tyrod Taylor and Hoyer, just a bit better than Bortles, Siemian.

Rodgers is simply not in the class of Wilson, Ryan or Brady anymore [especially in playoffs] and he makes a million more than all of those guys.

Here's his contract amount and dead cap. We can cut/trade him in 2018 and 19 with no dead money.

2017 $20,300,000 $6,650,000
2018 $20,900,000 -
2019 $21,100,000 -
2020 FA
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
It was pretty much a given that he would never play to the end of his current contract without it being renegotiated/extended. that is how these big contracts work in today's NFL. He will likely get an extension, they will move money around getting him new guaranteed money while getting the team space against the cap.

those of you acting like Brady is somehow not being paid are idiots. He got his money, it was just restructured to help the team also.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Bnoble
7 years ago

It was pretty much a given that he would never play to the end of his current contract without it being renegotiated/extended. that is how these big contracts work in today's NFL. He will likely get an extension, they will move money around getting him new guaranteed money while getting the team space against the cap.

those of you acting like Brady is somehow not being paid are idiots. He got his money, it was just restructured to help the team also.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Rodgers has got his money also he's made almost 124 mil playing for the packers with 3 years left on this deal. If he's going to point to Mike Glennon as to why he should be paid more I will point to Brady as to why he's overpaid. In two years if his production stays the same, I will gladly give him an extension and it will be far more than the current contract. But until then I don't care what anyone else is making.
dhazer
7 years ago
He wants more money fine, trade his ass to Cleveland and he will get a boat load of money. His so called greatness will shine then lol. He has proven over and over again he isn't that great, like the article states he lead them from a 4-6 start to the NFC championship game. Well it was also him that got us the 4 and 6 start. Please once again explain to me why we should pay a guy so much money when he has win a total of 1 super bowl. Sure he can put up some nice stats but then again so is everyone else with the way the rules are setup. Trade his ass for 2 or 3 #1's and a few #2's from Cleveland. I really don't see a Super Bowl in our future right now. So lets be the Pats and capitalize on what we have before we can't get anything. But then again Ted Thompson will wait to long and trade him for a conditional 4th rounder.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Smokey
7 years ago

He wants more money fine, trade his ass to Cleveland and he will get a boat load of money. His so called greatness will shine then lol. He has proven over and over again he isn't that great, like the article states he lead them from a 4-6 start to the NFC championship game. Well it was also him that got us the 4 and 6 start. Please once again explain to me why we should pay a guy so much money when he has win a total of 1 super bowl. Sure he can put up some nice stats but then again so is everyone else with the way the rules are setup. Trade his ass for 2 or 3 #1's and a few #2's from Cleveland. I really don't see a Super Bowl in our future right now. So lets be the Pats and capitalize on what we have before we can't get anything. But then again Ted Thompson will wait to long and trade him for a conditional 4th rounder.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Don't sugarcoat it Dave, say what you really think. LOL

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
Unless you assume he is not going to play for that many more years, it would be better for the team Cap wise now, and cheaper for the team in the long run to extend him. Every year we wait, is another year of inflation that would be in his contract.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
sschind
7 years ago

A link is a good thing to provide in this thread. Edit: Link or gtfo

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Barfan doesn't need no stinking links. All he needs to do is throw the family thing in there, and we all know he will, and its legit.

nerdmann
7 years ago

Good!

The negotiations will begin with: "Aaron, you need a good offensive line in front of you unlike Russell Wilson. You need weapons around you unlike Brady. And you need a stud defense when you're on the sideline, which we need cap space to accomplish; AGREED!

Sanchez needs those things as well to perform, so I'm thinking about 9M per, or do you think that's too much?! Or do you want to wait to see what Cutler gets? Oh and if we ask you to behave like a man and honor your contract and you get all pissy and bitchy and moany on us, you know like you are with the rest or your family, and like you were through must of '15 and '16, our guy Barfarn is going to unmercifully hound you on every pubic venue and we may give him your personal info so he can hound you in some personal ones as well."

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

The deal is, he stops this sandlot football bullshit and start running the actual offense before he personally shits the team to 4-6. Then maybe we can talk.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
7 years ago
He didn't ask for more money. That said, who on this team deserves it more?
But in reality, could he not live the rest of his life on the money he already made quite comfortably?
Even if he lives to be 100, he could retire today and never have to worry about money (if he didn't blow it stupidly).
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15m) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (22h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.