TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
This topic comes up every year where we guess who that first Packer draft pick will be. I don't have the feeling we will move up on anybody. I can see us trade out of the first round depending on how the QBs fall and if somebody wants to get ahead of Cleveland if they decide to wait until their second round pick to select a QB.

My guess for the first round pick is Forrest Lamp. Many mocks have him gone, but I have the feeling he will be there. I would prefer a pass rusher, but I think a plug and play Guard to replace TJ Lang makes a lot of sense. That way we can let Bulaga and Spriggs battle for RT.
yooperfan
6 years ago
I don't believe in taking a running back in the first round, but since Thompson is so unpredictable, I'm going with Joe Mixon, running back out of Oklahoma.
Smokey
6 years ago
Smoke, mirrors, misdirection are the general operating procedure this time of the year by GM's . Most GM's are like poker players that hold their cards close to their vest , while others prefer the boisterous public method of the big media attention campaign. Ted Thompson claims that he likes to pick the best players available, but a review of his past performances shows that he does pay closer attention to need than they acclaim .

GB's greatest need from the 2016 season is on defense, particularly at the CB position's . I believe that GB should and will for their 1st pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, choose the best available CB ! [boxing]

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
You can't out guess Teddy. There is no way to know who is going to fall. I will take Sidney Jones, CB, Washington. Injured player, potential long range value. Right up Teddy's alley.

Second choice, Tyus Bowser, DE, Houston. He is another type of player Teddy loves. Someone who gained traction late. Some project him to go in the 2nd round.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago
TJ Watt. That's Ted's guy. People say Ted is unpredictable, because of the Justin Harrell pick, but more often than not, he takes the obvious choice.

If Watt is gone, they'll take Solomon Thomas, because he's the type of 4-3 DE 'tweener that Dom loves so much.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago

TJ Watt. That's Ted's guy. People say Ted is unpredictable, because of the Justin Harrell pick, but more often than not, he takes the obvious choice.

If Watt is gone, they'll take Solomon Thomas, because he's the type of 4-3 DE 'tweener that Dom loves so much.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

TJ was my second guess. His draft position seems to be all over the place. Some mocks have him going late teens early twenties. Some have him in the second round.

I can't seen Solomon Thomas falling out of the top 10.

Smokey
6 years ago
It is hard to say who will be available during the 2017 NFL Draft at any point. I therefor offer the following :

1st round : CB
2nd round: DE
3rd round: OG
4th round: RB
5th round: WR
5th round: LB
6th round: ?
7th round: ?

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
6 years ago
I want the Mixon kid. Then in the second round I want a big, nasty road grader to plug in at RG. I want our offense to score 40 points a game.

Our corners were beat up all year last year, they aren't as bad as what we watched in Atlanta. And having House instead of Shields on IR should be a big plus.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

I want the Mixon kid. Then in the second round I want a big, nasty road grader to plug in at RG. I want our offense to score 40 points a game.

Our corners were beat up all year last year, they aren't as bad as what we watched in Atlanta. And having House instead of Shields on IR should be a big plus.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Take Mixon in the 2nd. Get me a couple big, fast OLBs who can get to the QB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Yerko
6 years ago
Hoping for one of the following three in the 1st:

TJ Watt
Haasan Reddick
Kevin King

I see a trade out of the 1st round happening. If that is the case, I would hop in the 2nd they go with Quincy Wilson or Tyus Bowser.

I am actually surprised that the Packers had brought in Mixon for a visit. If they are going to take him, I hope it is in the 3rd round. If a team wants to draft him before that...ok.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (25m) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (22h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.