wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

I am on board with your thoughts on the Packers and taking risks with players having this sort of behavior. The Packers had Mixon in for a visit though and I think if he is there in the 2nd round, the Packers attempt everything possible to get him. Having him in for a visit is the only thing that makes me think this way.

How would Packers fans feel about this selection if it did happen?

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

It's not the 1960s. They will be fine with the pick IF he puts up the stats. Same as the fans for every other organization.

The Athlon print edition has a little different bio but it is close to this one. In print they feel he will go in the 2nd or 3rd round.

3. Joe Mixon, Oklahoma
There’s no doubt about Mixon’s ability to play in the NFL, but his past could be the reason he isn’t an early-round draft pick.

On the field, Mixon is the complete package as he is an excellent runner, receiver and he can even contribute on special teams. Last season for Oklahoma, Mixon rushed for 1,274 yards and 10 touchdowns on 187 carries. He also chipped in 37 receptions for 538 yards and five more scores.

Mixon has exceptional vision and the patience to wait for his blockers to open the hole for him so he can burst through it. He doesn’t have breakaway speed to outrun defenders and ball security also is a concern.

But the biggest factor working against Mixon is history. In 2014, Mixon was redshirted after he was suspended for the season after striking a woman in a Norman, Oklahoma, restaurant. The woman suffered a broken jaw and cheek in the incident. Mixon was charged with a misdemeanor and had to complete community service but was not kicked off the team.

Because of Mixon's violent history, he was not invited to the scouting combine. Any player with a misdemeanor or felony conviction involving violence or use of a weapon, sexual offense or assault and domestic violence will not get an invitation to Indianapolis for the week-long event.

Mixon has first-round talent, but he was not invited to the Combine and it remains to be seen if he will be drafted at all given his history. Even if he goes undrafted, Mixon will end up in someone’s training camp and likely be on a roster this fall.

link 
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago
This is my MAKE SMOKEY HAPPY draft.

our score is: 14291 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 5 (LAR): T.J. Watt, OLB/DE, Wisconsin (B)
Round 2 Pick 29: Budda Baker, FS, Washington (A+)
Round 3 Pick 29: Anthony Walker Jr., ILB, Northwestern (A-)
Round 3 Pick 30 (PITT): Danny Isidora, OG, Miami (Fla.) (A-)
Round 3 Pick 41 (PITT): Sidney Jones, CB, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 11 (N.E.): Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13 (ARI): Jalen Myrick, CB, Minnesota (A+)

Round 5 Pick 28: Sam Tevi, OT, Utah (B)
Round 6 Pick 16 (N.E.): D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss (B)
Round 6 Pick 32 (K.C.): Noah Brown, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14 (MINN): Tedric Thompson, SS, Colorado (B-)
Round 7 Pick 27 (K.C.): De'Veon Smith, RB, Michigan (B-)
Round 7 Pick 30 (PITT): Kenny Allen, P, Michigan (B+)
😁 😁 😁

This just shows how deep the CB position is this year.

Still think Watt and Baker will go 1-2 in either way.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
A trade is a very real possibility.

An NFL personnel man and a scout believe the Packers‘ No. 29 pick will be coveted among teams antsy to snag one a quarterback. “I think there’s going to be some action there at the end of the first round,” the scout said, via Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.  “With these quarterbacks, they need a five-year contract because they’re not ready. I think there will be a lot of movement coming up [into the first round]. With the depth of this draft at defensive end and safety and corner and tight end, I would be looking to trade down.” The personnel man added that the quarterbacks are going to “drive this draft.” With players like Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes expected to go before the Packers pick at 29, it’s conceivable talents like Davis Webb or DeShone Kizer could be coveted at the end of the round.

link 

If only it wasn't McGinn who reported it first. 😲

UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
6 years ago
I have a feeling... Teddy wants home town beast Ryan Ramczyk protecting Aaron.

But I think he will be gone by the Packer's pick.

Heretofore ladies........ your first overall pick in the Year Of Our Lord 2017... Is......

CB - Kevin King Washington.

And it will be one hell of a pick indeed in Packer Lore.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
68md
6 years ago
Gareon Conley*, CB, Ohio State
beast
6 years ago
OLB Takkarist McKinley, UCLA

McKinley checks off almost all of Ted Thompson boxes... huge potential, not let fully developed, has some injuries, from the Pac-12, bonus points for being from UCLA... and at one of the top four most valuable positions on the field.

It'd take a CB that the Packers are very high on to over take McKinley... and there might be a few others, but if he's still on the board you know the Packers will probably consider McKinley.

Of course the Seahawks, Cowboys or Falcons (in a trade up) could take him... but I think Jerry Jones will some of that Watt/Texas love... and think Watt's potential might be high enough for his son to accept it.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
Adoree Jackson CB final answer.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
6 years ago
[nohair]

[assho] 🇹🇹

[wtf]

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Well....the REAL Ted came through with flying colors.
I really was hoping for TJ Watt.
Could have had him.
I watched the whole 1st round just for the Packer pick.
Won't get that three and a half hours of my life back!
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago
Packers wanted

OLB Takkarist McKinley, UCLA

Originally Posted by: beast 

And when they no longer could have him... they traded back.

It will be interesting to see what they do tomorrow... RB, OLB, DL, CB, OL.... or trade back AGAIN!

What? It's common for a few of the first couple of picks of the day to maybe trade back, and I read that Ted Thompson said he was listening to trade back offers for that #33 pick.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (14h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.