Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
Having not yet even seen GB's 2017 Draft picks , or even completed the teams OTA's , or even seen any preseason performances , it is crazy to predict GB's 2017 record this early.

Teams that are thought to be the greatest challenge probably will be, teams that are thought to be easy wins may not be , and teams that should be easy wins probably will be. GB's 2017 opponents will have to deal with injuries, unexpected bad luck, etc. It is just nuts to make such a prediction this early . [nono]

Hey, Ted Thompson could have a heart attack . [thumbup]

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
A problem with fans. They demand ROOKIES ... kids from college entering the professional ranks to win games for their team in their rookie campaign. You don't need to know the rookie class to make guesses on the outcome of games. Give me a break! lol ... Grow some balls and throw down some prediction/guesses!! Here at PH, we aim to have FUN, not worry about being "RIGHT". My goodness, lighten up.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
It's not hard to look at last years teams and project how good they will be this season. Professional sports teams however do change from year to year. GB could actually get some CBs that can cover WRs . This team or that could show better than most think they will. It's not just about rookies either, but they do sometimes factor in heavily (ex: Dallas with their rookie QB and RB) . Other factors include 2nd or 3rd yr players that are called upon to step up and fill starting positions, Preseason can show how well they perform. In addition, players from other teams will get cut, some are actually worth signing.

Have all the fun that you want, run down the street naked if you want, express your opinions about teams / players all you want to. IMO, it's just too early to to make predictions about final records. The experts favor GB to win the NFC North in 2017, what seed they will have in the playoffs depends upon GB's 2017 Defense or lack of one .

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Going with 10-6 this year.

Originally Posted by: 68md 

Agreed. The defense will have issues all year long. There isn't a true shut down corner to go toe to toe with the elites of the league. You can't draft a kid and expect him to shut down J Jones etal.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Agreed. The defense will have issues all year long. There isn't a true shut down corner to go toe to toe with the elites of the league. You can't draft a kid and expect him to shut down J Jones etal.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

The Packers defense wasn't anything even good in 2011 and the Packers won 15 games. I think regular season the offense will over power a lot of teams, but when it comes crunch time, in the playoffs, I think it's early exit. So, we could see 10 wins or as much as 14 wins, the outcome will be the same in the post-season. At least, that's how I feel about the defense in its current (err left from last season) state.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

The Packers defense wasn't anything even good in 2011 and the Packers won 15 games. I think regular season the offense will over power a lot of teams, but when it comes crunch time, in the playoffs, I think it's early exit. So, we could see 10 wins or as much as 14 wins, the outcome will be the same in the post-season. At least, that's how I feel about the defense in its current (err left from last season) state.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Because of suspect defense they will drop a couple of games they should win. For what ever reason the offense won't be able to do it all a few times during the year.

According to some, including Packers Inc, it doesn't matter if GB wins the Super Bowl. After all only 1 team is going to do that. Just making the playoffs is enough to satisfy the majority of the fans and that will keep the dollars rolling in.

Anyone who objects will be labeled "Spoiled" and told to go suffer with the Browns fans.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
This early in the year people too often look at the new schedule and base their predictions upon last years version of this years opponents. Let's take the Bengals as an example .

Cincinnati has lost players to retirement as well as Free Agency . In the recent draft they picked up RB Joe Mixon and WR John Ross, two players that some my well want on their fantasy teams this year. Yet too many are discounting them to the loss column vs GB. As for me this team may just be a whole lot tougher than many think .

Greater investigation and reports will shine a better light upon all of GB's 2017 opponents. IMO, predicting their record this early is much like picking a number on a roulette table . [twocents]

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago

A problem with fans. They demand ROOKIES ... kids from college entering the professional ranks to win games for their team in their rookie campaign. You don't need to know the rookie class to make guesses on the outcome of games. Give me a break! lol ... Grow some balls and throw down some prediction/guesses!! Here at PH, we aim to have FUN, not worry about being "RIGHT". My goodness, lighten up.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Grow a set ? Throw down ?

Coming from someone that moves members post to a new thread , your set is big enough to fill Lambeau Field by yourself .

Differing opinions should be the foundation of this forum, yet you look on them as a threat. Try looking in a mirror sometime Kevin and one day you may discover the flaws that have shaped your life . Arrogance and demanding things be as you always want them is not an appealing quality. People can usually quickly see through the phony persona to the real you.

Prediction :

Kevin - 0

Life - 100 and never relenting

UserPostedImage
isocleas2
6 years ago

Grow a set ? Throw down ?

Coming from someone that moves members post to a new thread , your set is big enough to fill Lambeau Field by yourself .

Differing opinions should be the foundation of this forum, yet you look on them as a threat. Try looking in a mirror sometime Kevin and one day you may discover the flaws that have shaped your life . Arrogance and demanding things be as you always want them is not an appealing quality. People can usually quickly see through the phony persona to the real you.

Prediction :

Kevin - 0

Life - 100 and never relenting

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Sometimes you see a post so truly awful you wish you could downvote it.

Mr. Smokey, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago
Predicting The Packers record after The Schedule is released has been a staple of this forum since I have been a member.

All for fun.

If someone does happen to get it right, they have those bragging rights for the off season.

Predict The Packers record, put it in the other thread, where it belongs

I'm guessing this thread is for over analyzing the other topic!
😄😄😄😄😄

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.