nerdmann
6 years ago
statwhore 

I want Dalvin Cook.

Ted is gonna try to trade back again. He’s got the first pick tomorrow night and the first pick on Saturday night. Teams are going to evaluate their needs and what is available, and there will be teams wanting to move up. There’s plenty of guys available, including a ton of WR talent.

OLB: Tyus Bowser, Jordan Willis, Ryan Anderson, Carroll Phillips
CB: Kevin King, Fabian Moreau, Ahkello Witherspoon, Cordrea Tankersley,
RB: Joe Mixon, //Dalvin Cook, D’Onta Foreman
3-4 DE: //Chris Wormley, Montravius Adams, Tanoh Kpassagnon
DT/NT: //Caleb Brantley,
ILB: Zach Cunningham,
WR: Curtis Samuel, Zay Jones, //JuJu Smith-Schuster, ArDarius Stewart, Malachi Dupre, Chris Godwin, Noah Brown

Couple WRs I had ranked in the first. These guys can play. I ranked speedsters higher. There's some really talented guys who will be available mid to late.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
6 years ago
Alvin Kamara is still there too. For some reason I kept thinking the Raiders took him, but they took Conley.

acme 

Offense

DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame - Kizer is the best QB left remaining, could someone trade up with the Packers to ensure they get him?
Davis Webb, QB, California - Webb is a great 9 route thrower, someone will overdraft the average at best gunslinger.
Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State - Off-field issue and medical issues push the former 5* recruit down the board. He could be the pick at 33.
Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee - The satellite back falls to Day 2, but should be coveted throughout the 2nd round.
Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma - This is the key guy to watch. Mixon could absolutely be the pick at 33. I just have a feeling.
Curtis Samuel, RB/WR, Ohio State - Samuel is an electric playmaker without a real position. He should go in Round 2.
JuJu Smith-Schuster - The young receiver will turn 21 during his rookie season, but where will he go in Day 2?
Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama - Cam Robinson is better than some of the guys drafted in Round 1. He should go in the first 5-10 picks in the 2nd.
Forrest Lamp, OL, Western Kentucky - See Cam Robinson.
Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana - The best pure guard in this class, Feeney should get scooped up quickly, though concussion concerns could push him down the board.

Defense

Jordan Willis, EDGE, Kansas State - Willis had some end of Day 1 hype, but he’s a Nick Perry type rusher. He’ll go Round 2.
Derek Rivers, EDGE, Youngstown State - Rivers is a small school stud who would have been a 1st rounder if he played in the SEC.
Tim Williams, EDGE, Alabama - Williams might be the 2nd best pass rusher in this class, but off-field issues push him to Day 2. He’ll be a great value.
Tyus Bowser, EDGE, Houston - Bowser is athletic as all get-out, but he also had some Day 1 hype. Expect him to go to a contender near the end of Round 2.
Malik McDowell, DL, Michigan State - McDowell is a former 5* HS recruit who falls due to character and motor issues. He’ll be a steal wherever he goes talent-wise.
Dalvin Tomlinson, DL, Alabama - Will compete with Wormley as the “plainest” Day 2 pick, but he’s a NFL ready made 1 technique.
Chris Wormley, DL, Michigan - Wormley is a versatile big body who should go in Round 2. Expect the Packers to target him at 61 if available.
Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt - Cunningham is a run and hit linebacker who needs to be kept clean.
Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State - McMillan led the Buckeye defense over the past two seasons. He’ll make a team very happy in Round 2.
Desmond King, CB, Iowa - King is slow, he might have to play safety in the NFL, but Cover 2 teams will be salivating for him on Day 2.
Kevin King, CB, Washington - Kevin King is a Seahawk type who will be taken early. Long and athletic.
Sidney Jones, CB, Washington - Jones would have been picked in Round 1 without the achilles injury. He could be picked on Day 2.
Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado - Awuzie had some late riser hype, but he can play anywhere in the secondary. He’ll be coveted.
Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan - Lewis is a slot corner Day 1 in the NFL. He won’t interest the Packers, but he’ll go quickly.
Teez Tabor, CB, Florida - Tabor ran very slow in Indy and at his Pro Day, but he’s a better player than he tested. He could be a good value in late Round 2/3.
Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida - Wilson was thought to be a 1st rounder. He should be off the board in the first half of Round 2.
Budda Baker, S, Washington - Baker is a dynamo who was thought to be a 1st round pick. He’ll be off the board quickly in Round 2.
Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut - The Combine darling wasn’t a 1st rounder after all. He’ll go in the 2nd round, but could be as a cornerback, not a safety.

pft 

Michigan State defensive lineman Malik McDowell, Alabama tackle Cam Robinson, Washington cornerback Kevin King and Colorado cornerback Chidobe Awuzie all remain available heading into Round Two on Friday night.

They have company among recognizable names from outside of Philadelphia. Florida State running back Dalvin Cook didn’t join Leonard Fournette and Christian McCaffrey as a first-round pick and joins Tennessee’s Alvin Kamara and Oklahoma’s Joe Mixon at the top of the list of available backs.

Western Kentucky offensive lineman Forrest Lamp, Washington safety Budda Baker and Vanderbilt linebacker Zach Cunningham are others that sometimes appeared as first-round picks in mock drafts before going unselected on Thursday. Quarterbacks Davis Webb and DeShone Kizer also figure to be among the names coming off the board when the draft resumes with the Packers on the clock at No. 33.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
6 years ago

I'm thinking a another short trade back and one of these guys

OLB Jordan Willis
CB Fabian Moreau
CB Ahkello Witherspoon
RB Joe Mixon
RB Dalvin Cook
OL Forrest Lamp
OL Cam Robinson
or of course a WR... always an option.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
After that weak trade I have lost all interest in the draft. I will be too busy to follow it closely the next 2 days. Whoever they get, they get. Rah.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
We'll trade back and get more picks and there are a handful of guys still available that would look real good. There are still plenty of options at DE/OLB, DB and RB.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Rockmolder
6 years ago
I feel like a trade back is quite possible. Combining the fact that Ted loves to drop down, a couple of guys with 1st round grades still on the board and with a guy like Kizer still available with teams like the Jets and maybe even the Jags picking right behing us, there ought to be someone who wants to trade up.

The only thing I dislike about that, is that you're quickly dropping into territory where you won't have any players who can help you right away left. There's always the diamond in the rough, but most of the guys you'll be getting halfway day two are upside projects like Tyus Bowser, real talented guys with injury issues like Sidney Jones, low positional value like Forrest Lamp or just average players all together.

Still, I'd rather have that than use the 33rd overal pick on Joe Mixon.

The pick I'd really like at 33 is Chidobe Awuzie. The main thing for me, though, is that I can't imagine the Pack going after a corner with their first pick. With House being resigned, you're effectively putting either your 1st or 2nd rounder from two years ago in a rotation and dime roll. I can't imagine our FO having given up on those two guys, already.

Looking purely at position, I'd love a DE/OLB. The 2007 Giants are still the blueprint to how you create a defense that can stop the pass, without having any real talent at CB or S. That secondary makes our current group of DBs look like All-Pro's. All you need is a strong pass rush.

Dropping back a bit and getting a guy like Chris Wormley as a 3-4 DE (Francois being nothing more than a stop-gap solution) and combining that with a pick like Tyus Bowser who can hone his skills behind a rotation of Perry, Elliot and Matthews or go for a pure QB rusher in Tim Williams, who could really contribute in the same way Gbaja-Biamila used to do for us, could really make a huge difference (a year from now).

Lastly, I could see us going WR. I'm not that big a fan, but Juju Smith-Schuster seems like someone the Packers could pick. He ran a 4.54 at the combine, but that didn't stop us from taking Quinten Rollins who ran 4.57, Jordy Nelson who ran 4.51 or Davante Adams who ran 4.56. He doesn't get great seperation, either, which is something our FO doesn't seem to see as as big of a knock as most do.

What he does do very well is win 50/50 catches, work back towards the ball, run every route he's asked to run, rack up YAC and has reliable hands. All things our FO does seem to care a whole lot about.
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
I like Malik McDowell's strength and tenacity. Then you have the powerful and resourceful Dalvin Cook who had tremendous breakaway speed.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
nerdmann
6 years ago

I like Malik McDowell's strength and tenacity. Then you have the powerful and resourceful Dalvin Cook who had tremendous breakaway speed.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Agreed but almost guarantee Ted trades back.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
I'll second or third on Malik McDowell. If we can have somebody to pair with Daniels so we can get an interior pass rush, we will help our OLB's and our secondary in one pick. Kevin King is an interesting option at CB, 6'3" with a 39.5" vertical jump could be nice against some of those tall WR we face.

I was glad they didn't fall for the TJ Watt hype, I also hope they don't get overly concerned about our RB depth and waste an early pick, we can fill the RB position with one of our 4th rounders.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
FYI Milwaukee has this list:

CB Chidobe Awuzie: No matter what the Packers decided to do in the first round of this year’s draft, the possibility of selecting more than one cornerback was basically a given. Defensive coordinator Dom Capers, whose passing defense ranked 31st in the league in yards allowed, could use plenty of help.

ILB Raekwon McMillan: Asking the Packers to slog through another season with the trio of Jake Ryan, Blake Martinez and Joe Thomas at inside linebacker would be playing with fire. All three have their deficiencies; all three were exposed at times last year.

RB Samaje Perine: For all his flaws, there’s something to be said about the raw power of running back Eddie Lacy, who signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an unrestricted free agent. Lacy, a second-round pick in 2013, ran for more than 1,100 yards in each of his first two years in Green Bay.

DE Tanoh Kpassagnon: By saying goodbye to outside linebackers Datone Jones and Julius Peppers, both of whom departed in free agency, the defense also lost two of its primary interior pass rushers on second and third down.

OLB Vince Biegel: Even as Biegel’s college teammate, T.J. Watt, garnered all the attention from the national media, two scouts told the Journal Sentinel they believed the less-heralded pass rusher from Wisconsin is the better player.

I only grabbed the first line for each player more at jsonline. 

Speaking of jsonline- When did the Journal-Sentinel and Press- Gazette merge?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.