Smokey
6 years ago
Quantity over Quality , Lower Salaries over Motivated players . Championships be damned as long as we maintain the Status Que . Get players on the cheap , train them to compete, then watch them leave for better money. Keep a few High priced players that ensure you will make it to the playoffs . Ohh , and don't forget the loyal fans that follow blindly with whatever they are told to believe .

Those of us that honestly see beyond the propaganda know what a winner looks like, and these days it is NE. Study what they do and GB could be just as competitive.

You can be guaranteed that as long as Ted Thompson is running things , GB will not not compete beyond the playoffs . The Packers will have just enough success to satisfy the public , the lack of success will be blamed upon injuries and bad luck and poor field conditions and the referees and the coaches and etc. ...

Mike McCarthy can't criticize the GM for his crappy management decisions . He has to stand smiling with Ted Thompson and keep his mouth shut to keep his job. Given better players Couch McCarthy could deliver championships with ring's and trophy's .

I've known people like Ted Thompson in my own life. They are the ones that say , The job is not the best we could have done, but it is good enough . Good Enough ! Good Enough !

The first player GB will pick, (provided Ted Thompson does not trade down again) , may be the first player picked in the second round of of the 2017 NFL Draft. Do you imagine that this player will be 100% motivated given that he has just lost out on a considerable amount of money so Ted Thompson could pinch a few dollars . The fellow will make the best of his time in GB and run for another team as soon as he can. In the mean time, GB gets , and deservedly so , a bad reputation throughout the league for being cheap with it's players . It already has .

What is the solution, clean house , starting at the top.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
I am sooooo glad we get an extra 4th rounder pick because THAT player will be awesome. The value for the trade was correct according to the charts but when other teams got so much more for the trades this was embarrassing.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Oh boy! We're going to have a lot of pissed off Watt fans for quite a while.

I like the move for what it is and that is a play for more picks now and possibly on both Friday and Saturday. The top spot of any round, especially the earlier ones, is prime real estate, my friends! Then, and this is what will rub more people the wrong way, we have the revelation that there are simply other guys who were ranked equal or greater to TJ on the Pack's board at this time. And least from what I know right now, because we can't predict the future, I tend to agree with them.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Oh boy! We're going to have a lot of pissed off Watt fans for quite a while.

I like the move for what it is and that is a play for more picks now and possibly on both Friday and Saturday. The top spot of any round, especially the earlier ones, is prime real estate, my friends! Then, and this is what will rub more people the wrong way, we have the revelation that there are simply other guys who were ranked equal or greater to TJ on the Pack's board at this time. And least from what I know right now, because we can't predict the future, I tend to agree with them.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Go ahead and do a happy dance. I don't mind. At the end of the day they traded out of the 1st round. They gave up a 5th year of control and all they got was a 4th round pick. Nothing to get excited about. The world needs more Jake Ryan's and Blake Martinez.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
I'm really not any more excited than I was, which wasn't that excited anyway. I'm just not really bummed or bitter about the exchange.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
nerdmann
6 years ago

I am sooooo glad we get an extra 4th rounder pick because THAT player will be awesome. The value for the trade was correct according to the charts but when other teams got so much more for the trades this was embarrassing.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

With the depth at CB, WR, RB and possibly OLB, there will be 2-3 round level players in the mid to late rounds. Ted is gonna trade back again amd get a third, still get someone on his list.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
And the Bonehead of the 2017 Draft award goes to the Chicago Bears. For those who complain about Ted, just think of how much worse it could be.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

With the depth at CB, WR, RB and possibly OLB, there will be 2-3 round level players in the mid to late rounds. Ted is gonna trade back again amd get a third, still get someone on his list.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I know there is depth. I know Teddy can move back up. Still think he could or should have gotten a little more for the deal. The market was high yesterday. He took the norm deal. He gets a "C" or "C-" I give Cleveland a "B+". *

*All grades aren't final and subject to change for 10 years.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

I know there is depth. I know Teddy can move back up. Still think he could or should have gotten a little more for the deal. The market was high yesterday. He took the norm deal. He gets a "C" or "C-" I give Cleveland a "B+". *

*All grades aren't final and subject to change for 10 years.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Looking at what Seattle got from SF, I doubt there was much more value in a trade to be had.

I'm thinking Ted might use some of our picks and move up and get another 2nd or 3rd rounder. having 4 2nd/3rd rounders would make me pretty happy, assuming they are not all punters.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

And the Bonehead of the 2017 Draft award goes to the Chicago Bears. For those who complain about Ted, just think of how much worse it could be.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

While driving around I was listening to the SCORE and ESPN 1000. Most of the radio heads are stoked. They know that the lower in the draft you go, the greater the risk that the player selected won't pan out. They feel that that Chicago gave up players who are 50-50 at best for a player who will lead the team for 10 years or more. It may not have been the QB they wanted but they realize Bears, Inc vetted all the QBs and liked their guy best. Odds are he will sit for 2 years and learn which is what you need to do with rookie QBs.

Personally I think they paid too much one of the teams bidding for the # 2 slot was Cleveland. All the more reason for Teddy to hold out for a better offer than simply an average one. It would have been win win for him.

If Cleveland didn't pony up he has the best of all the "equal ability" players and he gets him at a cap friendly 5 years. If he makes Cleveland pony up more, say a # 3 slot he gets a better player than he will at 5 and he doesn't have to package picks to move up.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.