sschind
6 years ago

Watch this: Today its sunny; hence tomorrow it will be sunny! [Next day its sunny] See, I'm a weather genius!

I'm the guy who asks "why?" Why did it rain today? Ahh, then i discover I can look at the weather one state west, and get it right more often. Oh and then I can see how highs and lows are measures and move to get even further accuracy, etc., etc., etc.

If you pigeon hole your thinking to 6th round pick = 2-3 year project/probably will never be, fine. But, at least understand your opinion is as weighty as the "weather genius" above; you should not even try to plan any picnics. Obviously if he was better Kofi would have been picked higher, I mean duh, right? BUT...

Tausher, Bahktieri and Whittiker [7th, 4th, 7th rnd respectively] weren't supposed to start either; but each started coming out of camp; 2 were/are pretty damn good players. Thank god 1265 doesn't use the pigeon-holed thinking of the "weather genius."

Perhaps a more spot-on example: In 1995 GB drafted Timmerman at G in 7th. GB had an aging Galbreath starting at G and he went down after 1st playoff game. Next man up: rookie Timmerman going against SFs great DTs in Bryant Young and Dana Stubblefield and he was magnificent.

So I ask why? Why can Tauscher et al do it and not Kofi? If Evans goes down at end of season will Kofi be able to step in like Timmerman?

Kofi put on 5-10 lbs prior to combine and still showed great athleticism; so he's big enough for Center still a bit light for G. Here's what my data tells you: Kofi uses his hands well, great feet, powerful explosive blocker. So why wasn't he drafted day 1 or 2? Let's go to data: He cant anchor well and he doesn't keep his weight centered on his V frame.

If Kofi learns to play with his weight centered over his base, he will anchor better too. If he improves these 2 areas during camp and can put on another 8-10 lbs w/o losing athleticism and if he has the football acumen to learn the blocking schemes; he can be a serviceable starter at G game 1, and he might be pretty good by end of year. The same applies to Kofi playing Center, but doesn't need the extra weight.

If you care why he is or not starting/contributing making the roster ya gotta look at a lot more than a 40 time and draft position.

BTW, I think this little exercise can be applied in any aspect of life's issues! People should be curious and ask why and not just rely on a morsel of info or blindly adsorb propaganda crap inundating them by, for example, the corporate media. That is being the typical American as described by Roger Ailes in his 318-page report to Nixon [A Plan For Putting the GOP on TV News].

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

When they drafted Tausher, Bahktieri and Whittiker what did you predict their contributions would be in their first year? I'm guessing it was pretty close to 0-2%. Circumstances changed all that for those guys and those same circumstances could change for Amichia.

I'm sorry but I don't need to watch 100's of plays to know that a 6th round pick is A) probably was not drafted to be a starter out of the gate and 😎 is probably not as polished as someone drafted several rounds earlier. Like I said, circumstances could change that and he may be forced to start but I think if Ted was looking for a starting guard he would have addressed the situation earlier than the 6th round and I doubt it would have been Kofi Amichia. I think that pretty much anyone with enough talent to be drafted could potentially be a starter, maybe not a star but a serviceable one at least. Whether or not that happens in their first year is another story.

DakotaT
6 years ago

I'm really really excited to see this kid develop. I think he might be the future LG and has the athletic potential to be on of the best we've had. He has just as much potential to get cut from the roster by next year though, SUPER RAW. He might be my favorite pick of this draft.

Originally Posted by: FLORIDA PACKER88 

He should coached up to play LG and then move Lane Taylor over to right guard. Evans can man RG this year.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

When they drafted Tausher, Bahktieri and Whittiker what did you predict their contributions would be in their first year? I'm guessing it was pretty close to 0-2%. Circumstances changed all that for those guys and those same circumstances could change for Amichia.

I'm sorry but I don't need to watch 100's of plays to know that a 6th round pick is A) probably was not drafted to be a starter out of the gate and 😎 is probably not as polished as someone drafted several rounds earlier. Like I said, circumstances could change that and he may be forced to start but I think if Ted was looking for a starting guard he would have addressed the situation earlier than the 6th round and I doubt it would have been Kofi Amichia. I think that pretty much anyone with enough talent to be drafted could potentially be a starter, maybe not a star but a serviceable one at least. Whether or not that happens in their first year is another story.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I'll try again: LOL

Your a guy content to know you that when you flip the switch up the light goes on and there's no need to find out WHY; I'm not.

So let me leave you with 2 suggestions: (1) don't belittle someone tries to learn WHY; and if one day the switch dont think you can fix it, call someone who has asked WHY.

Again your ultimate conclusion opinion of the typical 6th round pick is valid,as all opinions are, and probably will prove correct; but it's something that Trump and the second dumbest person already know. Thank you for your input; but everyone on this board already knew that.

Next tell us how you believe Kofi has a penis or that the sun will set on Kofi tomorrow in the west no matter where it's at. Though you'd be correct again; it'd be ignorant to "contribute" this in a discussion forum.

You're taking on the role of UFFDA. He could look at one published 40 time in underwear and be 100% PURPOSEFULLY ignorant about everything else, including how fast he has been in underwear at other times and how fast he is on the field in pads, and predict how the person will do. It's perfectly silly.

You believe all 6th rounders got there the same way; but if you watched 100s of plays of the 6th round picks you'd know that there are 38 ways the 2017 6th rounders got there. You mentioned they're all inconsistent; well Ricky Elmore was incredibly consistent and magnificent large school college player. Dorsey Levens was lost on depth chart transferred, lost on depth chart again and gained 800 yards after injuries to RBs ahead of him gave him a shot. Terrell Davis has a similar story plus an injury history. Starks was a small school guy with injuries. Brady was non athletic and not very productive given his weapons. David Martin was a big not greatly productive slow WR and someone thought a change of position gave him a chance. Johnny Jolly was a 1-2nd round pick after his Soph year and then his play dropped as a Jr and Sr. Scott McGarrhan was a marvelous college player at a small school with poor measurables; Pierre Garcon was a Div 3 player; Antonio Bryant was a small school walk-on that was still leanring how to play WR...etc.

So you argue that can come to know what Ted knows about Kofi, just by looking at his draft #; you would be exceedingly wrong and a damn shame you don't have the ability to see that.
sschind
6 years ago

I'll try again: LOL

Your a guy content to know you that when you flip the switch up the light goes on and there's no need to find out WHY; I'm not.

So let me leave you with 2 suggestions: (1) don't belittle someone tries to learn WHY; and if one day the switch dont think you can fix it, call someone who has asked WHY.

Again your ultimate conclusion opinion of the typical 6th round pick is valid,as all opinions are, and probably will prove correct; but it's something that Trump and the second dumbest person already know. Thank you for your input; but everyone on this board already knew that.

Next tell us how you believe Kofi has a penis or that the sun will set on Kofi tomorrow in the west no matter where it's at. Though you'd be correct again; it'd be ignorant to "contribute" this in a discussion forum.

You're taking on the role of UFFDA. He could look at one published 40 time in underwear and be 100% PURPOSEFULLY ignorant about everything else, including how fast he has been in underwear at other times and how fast he is on the field in pads, and predict how the person will do. It's perfectly silly.

You believe all 6th rounders got there the same way; but if you watched 100s of plays of the 6th round picks you'd know that there are 38 ways the 2017 6th rounders got there. You mentioned they're all inconsistent; well Ricky Elmore was incredibly consistent and magnificent large school college player. Dorsey Levens was lost on depth chart transferred, lost on depth chart again and gained 800 yards after injuries to RBs ahead of him gave him a shot. Terrell Davis has a similar story plus an injury history. Starks was a small school guy with injuries. Brady was non athletic and not very productive given his weapons. David Martin was a big not greatly productive slow WR and someone thought a change of position gave him a chance. Johnny Jolly was a 1-2nd round pick after his Soph year and then his play dropped as a Jr and Sr. Scott McGarrhan was a marvelous college player at a small school with poor measurables; Pierre Garcon was a Div 3 player; Antonio Bryant was a small school walk-on that was still leanring how to play WR...etc.

So you argue that can come to know what Ted knows about Kofi, just by looking at his draft #; you would be exceedingly wrong and a damn shame you don't have the ability to see that.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I don't see the point of asking why over something I can't do anything about or more importantly don't really care about. This guy was a 6th round pick and he will have a chance to develop for the Packers and that is all that matter to me. If he is called on to start I hope he is up to the task but me watching 100's of plays will do nothing to alter the outcome whatever it may be. Its something you obviously enjoy so fine but I have better ways to use my time although you wouldn't know it given my continued participation in this pointless thread. Something I will try to remedy from this point forward.

DoddPower
6 years ago

I don't see the point of asking why over something I can't do anything about or more importantly don't really care about. This guy was a 6th round pick and he will have a chance to develop for the Packers and that is all that matter to me. If he is called on to start I hope he is up to the task but me watching 100's of plays will do nothing to alter the outcome whatever it may be. Its something you obviously enjoy so fine but I have better ways to use my time although you wouldn't know it given my continued participation in this pointless thread. Something I will try to remedy from this point forward.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Yeah, it's great that people have time to watch 100's of plays, but I'm amazed they find time for such things. Especially if they are not getting paid in some way for doing so. If they are getting paid reasonably well, then it makes sense. Otherwise, more important things to do! But I suppose that's what happens when you have young kids.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Yeah, it's great that people have time to watch 100's of plays, but I'm amazed they find time for such things. Especially if they are not getting paid in some way for doing so. If they are getting paid reasonably well, then it makes sense. Otherwise, more important things to do! But I suppose that's what happens when you have young kids.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

You don't have to have young kids to find better ways to spend your time than watching 100's of clips of any player be it 1st round picks or UDFAs. As Bill Murray said, "IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER."

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
6 years ago

You don't have to have young kids to find better ways to spend your time than watching 100's of clips of any player be it 1st round picks or UDFAs. As Bill Murray said, "IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER."

Originally Posted by: wpr 

You are fucking old, Wayne. BTW, I've probably watched that movie 50 times in my life.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
6 years ago
What's that from it looks terrible
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

You are fucking old, Wayne. BTW, I've probably watched that movie 50 times in my life.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Yep. I am pushing 60. Live a clean life and you will make it too.

I watched it once all the way through and no more than a few minutes of it a couple more times. But it just doesn't matter it's still a good scene.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago

🤣
Let's compare oranges and orangutans. They must be similar the words are. 🙄

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Well.....orangutans ARE orange, aren't they???😝 😂
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (15h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.