Barfarn
6 years ago
Sometimes injuries are an excuse.

We went to NFC champ game, 8 strait PO appearances w/ one a SB win. Yet, people gripe.

The only reason is our success is compared to NE's.

When their QB has a concussion he keeps playing; Shields gets a concussion his career is suddenly over. What would we have done if we enjoyed the same competitive advantages as NE, not only with injury games, but spying, but cheating on practices, etc.?

And if you think Brady is the only one, you're naive.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Sometimes injuries are an excuse.

We went to NFC champ game, 8 strait PO appearances w/ one a SB win. Yet, people gripe.

When their QB has a concussion he keeps playing; Shields gets a concussion his career is suddenly over. What would we have done if we enjoyed the same competitive advantages as NE, not only with injury games, but spying, but cheating on practices, etc.?

And if you think Brady is the only one, you're naive.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I tell you what, let's compare ourselves to Jacksonville and Cleveland. That way we can be satisfied with what ever we get. That way we never ever have to try for something better.

I am so tried of hearing how spoiled or ungrateful Packer fans are when they want to see their team achieve greatness.

Not only is Vince dead, so are his ideals. 😞

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Smokey
6 years ago
[horseow]

UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

I tell you what, let's compare ourselves to Jacksonville and Cleveland. That way we can be satisfied with what ever we get. That way we never ever have to try for something better.

I am so tried of hearing how spoiled or ungrateful Packer fans are when they want to see their team achieve greatness.

Not only is Vince dead, so are his ideals. 😞

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Packer fans aren't spoiled; the whiners are idiots.

We went to NFC Champ game last year; is that any more or less acceptable if we won 10 SBs or lost 160 in the 10 years prior?

And you're bastardizing Vince; Stop it! 😂 Your argument, if its consistent is this: GB Lost in NFC champ game, therefore, they didn't strive for perfection; Lombardi lost in '63 and '64 with the best team, he had like 15 HOFers, therefore, he didn't strive for perfection and should have been fired. Satirically I say, Lombardi could have traded draft picks for better players, and went for it in 63 and '64 and that loser fool just stood pat with the hand he was dealt and effed us out of 2 more world championships.

You're assuming not wining SB constitutes evidence that a team wasn't trying, this is idiocy. Would you rather be Denver? Win one [because you played 3 PO teams missing QBs-no team in history has been luckier] and miss playoffs probably for 4-5 more years?

There's no need to compare to anyone, it is a silly exercise. Keep expectations in accordance with the odds. Perfection has only been accomplished ONE TIME in all of history and NEVER for 2 years. And so what, who cares if you're 10-6 or 16-0; a SB win is a win.

Here's my advice to all. Be happy to be a GB fan and hope for the best. But if you dont get it, stand up like a man, watch tape of the draft picks, and dont whine like a little blaming bitch. Okay, if you have to blame, look at the players, starting with the highest paid at prime positions [you dont start with the long snapper]. Realize when you call Rodgers great there are 3 distinct levels of play he has attained:
(1) reg season [with some exception over the last 2], which is HOF caliber.
(2) Playoffs, which is decent, but below HOF caliber.
(3) Crunch time in payoffs, which is putrid.

Now if you have to bitch, bitch about the guy who has done a ton to get us to the POs, but then either caused many of the PO losses or didn't do enough to win them. When Rodgers contract is renegotiated, I want you there. Tell everyone there that Rodgers needs more weapons and a better defense because he is not good enough to do it on his own.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
One thing people need to remember about our defense and Ted not replacing players. Since the SB, Ted had to try and replace normal expected turnover, also what would be unexpected turnover. Nick Collins, Raji, Finley. Two for certain where pro-bowl players.

This is why once you have a solid team base built through the draft, you can't only rely on the draft. If you have an excellent draft every year and get 3 starters, it takes over 7 years to fill all 22 starting positions on offense and defense. Assuming you don't lose anybody which is unreasonable. when you add career ending injuries or unexpected retirement of players you where planning on being part of the team for the future it makes it even harder, which is why FA is required to fill in those places along with drafting more for need than simply "BPA". This was probably Teds best offseason in that respect. He filled one place of need, and helped another position in FA, allowing him more freedom on the draft to address other needs.

While I'm not sure what was done put us in position to be the SB favorite this year, I think the team is setup excellent for the following year. Oline is pretty much locked up, Very good WR depth, TE position should be set and youth at RB. Should only require one or two players next offseason to finish off the defensive side of the ball.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Packer fans aren't spoiled; the whiners are idiots.

We went to NFC Champ game last year; is that any more or less acceptable if we won 10 SBs or lost 160 in the 10 years prior?

And you're bastardizing Vince; Stop it! 😂 Your argument, if its consistent is this: GB Lost in NFC champ game, therefore, they didn't strive for perfection; Lombardi lost in '63 and '64 with the best team, he had like 15 HOFers, therefore, he didn't strive for perfection and should have been fired. Satirically I say, Lombardi could have traded draft picks for better players, and went for it in 63 and '64 and that loser fool just stood pat with the hand he was dealt and effed us out of 2 more world championships.

You're assuming not wining SB constitutes evidence that a team wasn't trying, this is idiocy. Would you rather be Denver? Win one [because you played 3 PO teams missing QBs-no team in history has been luckier] and miss playoffs probably for 4-5 more years?

There's no need to compare to anyone, it is a silly exercise. Keep expectations in accordance with the odds. Perfection has only been accomplished ONE TIME in all of history and NEVER for 2 years. And so what, who cares if you're 10-6 or 16-0; a SB win is a win.

Here's my advice to all. Be happy to be a GB fan and hope for the best. But if you dont get it, stand up like a man, watch tape of the draft picks, and dont whine like a little blaming bitch. Okay, if you have to blame, look at the players, starting with the highest paid at prime positions [you dont start with the long snapper]. Realize when you call Rodgers great there are 3 distinct levels of play he has attained:
(1) reg season [with some exception over the last 2], which is HOF caliber.
(2) Playoffs, which is decent, but below HOF caliber.
(3) Crunch time in payoffs, which is putrid.

Now if you have to bitch, bitch about the guy who has done a ton to get us to the POs, but then either caused many of the PO losses or didn't do enough to win them. When Rodgers contract is renegotiated, I want you there. Tell everyone there that Rodgers needs more weapons and a better defense because he is not good enough to do it on his own.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I see you can make up things to suit your agenda can't you? Infer I am saying one thing when it is not the case.

Sense you lack understanding
I w i l l r e p l a y i t m u c h s l o w e r s o y o u h a v e a c h a n c e t o c o m p r e h e n d i t.

YOU SAID-

I SAID-

I tell you what, let's compare ourselves to Jacksonville and Cleveland.

Where is there any griping whatsoever? The only comments I have seen if people lamenting if GB had a half decent defense last year they would have stood a chance. In reality it is amazing they beat NYG, who shot themselves in the foot many times early in the game. Everyone was thrilled the torched the Cowboys even if they had to hang on at the end. Fun game to watch. Aaron played All World the last half of the season and into the post season.

What I was implying but you with all your intellect failed to grasp was the question "WHY SHOULD WE NOT COMPARE OURSELVES TO THE BEST ORGANIZATIONS? Right now it is NE. In the past it has been the Cowboys, Steelers, SF and even Denver. Why would I ever want to compare my team to the weakest teams? That is just foolish.

Not many people who think I was bastardizing Vince but I can believe you would leap to the wrong conclusion. Instead I revered him. Never NEVER NEVER did I say or even suggest that GB has to win every year or that the 60's teams were not a success when they lost. I said exactly what Vince said which is strive for perfection and settle for excellence. I think it is pretty safe to say that most years GB falls a little short of excellence. Something they need to work on.

Do your best to try and keep up. If you need a little help don;t be afraid to ask for help. You will look less foolish if you do.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

One thing people need to remember about our defense and Ted not replacing players. Since the SB, Ted had to try and replace normal expected turnover, also what would be unexpected turnover. Nick Collins, Raji, Finley. Two for certain where pro-bowl players.

This is why once you have a solid team base built through the draft, you can't only rely on the draft. If you have an excellent draft every year and get 3 starters, it takes over 7 years to fill all 22 starting positions on offense and defense. Assuming you don't lose anybody which is unreasonable. when you add career ending injuries or unexpected retirement of players you where planning on being part of the team for the future it makes it even harder, which is why FA is required to fill in those places along with drafting more for need than simply "BPA". This was probably Teds best offseason in that respect. He filled one place of need, and helped another position in FA, allowing him more freedom on the draft to address other needs.

While I'm not sure what was done put us in position to be the SB favorite this year, I think the team is setup excellent for the following year. Oline is pretty much locked up, Very good WR depth, TE position should be set and youth at RB. Should only require one or two players next offseason to finish off the defensive side of the ball.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

The numbers thing is seductive and you've said this several times. The thing is you don't need "22 starters." Good teams have about 13-15 "starters" and 5-7 serviceable guys and 1-2 guys that would not start on most teams. And a team can afford more starters if they have 1st contract studs. Ted's drafts have averaged about 4.5 starters per year [per pro football reference], some like Will Whittaker only started 1 year; some have started 10 years. Then we got some UDFAs that started. Some like Hyde, McMillian, Barrington, Tretter and Datone Jones are not counted as starters. Now toss in a few UFA starters. And many "nonstarters," "start" in various packages like a 2nd TE, 3rd WR, nickel back, etc.
Barfarn
6 years ago

I see you can make up things to suit your agenda can't you? Infer I am saying one thing when it is not the case.

Sense you lack understanding
I w i l l r e p l a y i t m u c h s l o w e r s o y o u h a v e a c h a n c e t o c o m p r e h e n d i t.

YOU SAID-

I SAID-

Where is there any griping whatsoever? The only comments I have seen if people lamenting if GB had a half decent defense last year they would have stood a chance. In reality it is amazing they beat NYG, who shot themselves in the foot many times early in the game. Everyone was thrilled the torched the Cowboys even if they had to hang on at the end. Fun game to watch. Aaron played All World the last half of the season and into the post season.

What I was implying but you with all your intellect failed to grasp was the question "WHY SHOULD WE NOT COMPARE OURSELVES TO THE BEST ORGANIZATIONS? Right now it is NE. In the past it has been the Cowboys, Steelers, SF and even Denver. Why would I ever want to compare my team to the weakest teams? That is just foolish.

Not many people who think I was bastardizing Vince but I can believe you would leap to the wrong conclusion. Instead I revered him. Never NEVER NEVER did I say or even suggest that GB has to win every year or that the 60's teams were not a success when they lost. I said exactly what Vince said which is strive for perfection and settle for excellence. I think it is pretty safe to say that most years GB falls a little short of excellence. Something they need to work on.

Do your best to try and keep up. If you need a little help don;t be afraid to ask for help. You will look less foolish if you do.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Settle down skippy 😂.

Reread what you wrote! You said Vince's ideal [to strive for perfection] is dead. This necessarily implies that Ted is not striving for perfection and your sole piece of evidence to support your rant is that we lost in NFC Champ game. And then you denigrated Fans that don't get all insane about the Atl loss by implying they satisfy themselves by comparing GB to Cleveland.

No! Most Fans understand losing is part of the natural flow of the game. So, like us, you just gotta learn to take losing like a man and don't go all bat shit hysterical that Vince's ideal is dead 😂.

Of course you never "said" GB must win every year, because that would be stupid, wouldn't it? But your philosophy necessarily requires it. It's a demonstration that your rant was 100% emotion, void of all rational thought. You would not have said that, if GB won the last 10 SBs, or lost the 160 the 10 years before 2016, right?

This Ted isn't striving for perfection and the fans give him a pass because idea, IMHO is nicompoopism. But, I'll listen to support for such an argument, which, if true will be sustainable, even if GB gets lucky and wins SB. For 2017, fi true ,this argument should be made NOW!

On Rodgers, I can only say football possesses so much more complexity than monosyllabic thinking grunts, Rodgers good, Randall bad. At times Rodgers played great. The Cowboy game was in hand and Rodgers threw a mindless INT when Adams was WIDE open for TD; played like crap in the next series; and Rodgers absolutely sucked in the Atl game. It's easier to think when placing monosyllabic labels on players, but it kills the ability to set forth a cogent football argument.
Cheesey
6 years ago
Only SIX NFC teams make the playoffs each year. We have been fortunate to watch our team make the playoffs more times in the last 20 years then some have made in the last 50 years.

Do I want the Packers to win more Super Bowls? HECK YES! But only ONE team each year gets to win it all.
That I accept that we can't always be the SB winner make me acceptable to losing? No.

Look at Tom Brady. He wasn't great in the last Super Bowl, but he had good team play that put him in a position to win even when he wasn't at the top of his game. That's what Aaron Rodgers needs. A defense that can hold up their end when he's not playing his best.
If we can get a defense that's at least in the middle of the NFL, I think we have a good chance of making the super bowl. But he can't do it alone. He IS only human after all. I think sometimes people expect too much from the guy.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago
Ted Thompson came to The Packers in 2005, that year The Patriots win their 3rd Super Bowl in 4 years.
5 years later after the 2010 season The Packers won Their 4th Super Bowl. 1st under Ted Thompson.
Jump ahead to 2015.
The Patriots win.their 4th SB.
Took them 10 years to win another.
I wonder if The Patriot fans wanted the GM/Coach fired for not putting a good enough defense on the field ?
I wonder if Patriot fans complained every year that Belicheck was wasting their future HOF qb's career by not putting a good enough defense on the field?
I wonder if other Patriot fans blamed Tom Brady for not performing at a HOF level when it came to crunch time in the playoffs 2006-2014?
Losing in the playoffs sucks!
Never getting a chance to lose in the playoffs REALLY SUCKS!
😄😄😄😄
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.