DakotaT
6 years ago

Uh, what?!? ... Sounds like you're suggesting Ted Thompson let Shields, Randall, Rollins and Dorleant get injured ... which doesn't make sense as it's the GM's job to let players, play in the games (which is where they were injured).

I wanted Hayward to be resigned (and understand reasons against it), but I believe almost all teams would struggle if they lost 4 of their top 5 CBs to injuries as no team (that I know of) has great CB in the 6th slot. It was more of an injury thing, than a GM thing.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Shields was already injured - several concussions prior to the season. And he was the #1. Letting House and Hayward out the door was his mistake. You draft and develop starters, you don't let 'em leave after their rookie contract. For all the praise the man gets, he should take some heat when he lets a prime position get weak, cause he's too cheap to pony up. The Packers embarrassing loss in Atlanta was all TT's fault, and idiot Packers fans want to blame injured players instead.
UserPostedImage
isocleas2
6 years ago

Shields was already injured - several concussions prior to the season. And he was the #1. Letting House and Hayward out the door was his mistake. You draft and develop starters, you don't let 'em leave after their rookie contract. For all the praise the man gets, he should take some heat when he lets a prime position get weak, cause he's too cheap to pony up. The Packers embarrassing loss in Atlanta was all TT's fault, and idiot Packers fans want to blame injured players instead.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Shields certainly was a risk given his history, but you can't predict you'd lose him right away for the entire season. Its no coincidence that teams who are more injured usually have the worst records, there's a statistical correlation backed up by a pretty healthy sample size.

House was overpaid and it is now back in Greeen Bay being paid 1/3rd what he was making, i'm glad we signed him but lets not make his absence out to be more than what it was. Using some 20/20 hindsight letting Hayward walk was a mistake but then again for how little he signed for its not like the rest of the league thought much of him either. Everyone missed on that.

How many other Packers have T.T. let walk who've gone on to have long productive careers? His track record is solid enough that i'm willing to forgive Hayward being allowed to walk.
beast
6 years ago

and idiot Packers fans want to blame injured players instead.

So you're saying we either agree with you or we're idiots?
That's usually what people say when they have their head buried up their ass...

Just because you can't back up you bad argument doesn't mean you should act like a jerk about it.

Randall and Rollins should have both hit IR last season

If they did that, then 4 of the Packers top 5 CBs would of been on the IR. Either way, the same results (or maybe worse results with Randall not playing at all, Hawkins would of seen the field more... and while he has future potential, he wasn't ready as a rookie).

Teams are going to struggle if 4 of their top 5 CBs go to the IR... it's simply as that. There is no blame that needs to be pasted, because this is football, and in football injuries happen. You can plan for injuries to a certain degree, but not taking out 4 of your top 5 guys at a given position...
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
6 years ago

Just because you can't back up you bad argument doesn't mean you should act like a jerk about it.

Or maybe Packers fans can quit giving the management at 1265 Lombardi this tremendous pass for their incompetence with every season that ends in failure. It's been the TE, ILB, and now the CB positions for quite a few years. When do people correctly assign blame for said failures? Laying it all on the young, inexperienced and injured cornerbacks is pretty irresponsible. How about trying Ted Thompson for a change?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

This made my day.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

No way Hayward stays healthy in Green Bay.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
isocleas2
6 years ago

Or maybe Packers fans can quit giving the management at 1265 Lombardi this tremendous pass for their incompetence with every season that ends in failure. It's been the TE, ILB, and now the CB positions for quite a few years. When do people correctly assign blame for said failures? Laying it all on the young, inexperienced and injured cornerbacks is pretty irresponsible. How about trying Ted Thompson for a change?

When you draft at the end of the round every year its hard to keep every position group stocked with top talent. The Packers have also lost some pro-bowl calibre players to career ending injuries that have been a tad unlucky and hard to forsee.

Teams who draft in much better position than the packers year in and year out still have less talent than we do, that says something.
DakotaT
6 years ago

When you draft at the end of the round every year its hard to keep every position group stocked with top talent. The Packers have also lost some pro-bowl calibre players to career ending injuries that have been a tad unlucky and hard to forsee.

Teams who draft in much better position than the packers year in and year out still have less talent than we do, that says something.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

True, but a competent GM wouldn't have stayed pat with what we've been fielding at ILB and TE for years, and it got exposed bigly by good teams. How long has it been since Bishop got hurt, Finley?
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

I agree with you that certain people need to get more blame, including TT, Mike McCarthy and before the great run that ended the season even Rodgers... as their were games where the defense kept the team in games, and the offense couldn't score as Rodgers was said to be struggling.

But sadly that's life... people like someone, they get less blame than they should... hell look at the political field... if people like someone then they'll make BS excuses for anything and everything for years on end...

And I completely agree with you about the TE position, Ted Thompson should be completely blamed for failure to getting players that could be successful there. ILB, I somewhat agree, but I believe that what the team was looking for and what fans were looking for out of ILB were two different thing... with fans looking for star player, and the Packers looking for a jack of all trades. But one you missed is failure of DL and OLB other than Daniels and Matthews (still waiting to see if Perry can do it more than one year).

But drafting and GM is like batting, if you hit 0.300 on the major leagues, then you doing a darn good job, and while that's a 70% miss rate... it's still a darn good job. (PS I know very little about baseball, so I assume 0.300 is still good?... but some former GMs have said if you come out of the draft with two good starters (not great, but good) then it was a successful draft, and if you get three good starters then it was a great draft).

So I agree with you that Ted Thompson should get more blame, I have argued and fought with Zero about if Hayward should of been resigned (I've been a Hayward fan, and thought under $5.5 million he should of been resigned) but I'm pretty sure you're wrongly blaming last year CBs problems solely on Ted Thompson as 4 of the 5 top CBs got injured. You simply can't plain for that.

And I know you're wrong about claiming I'm laying blame on the young CBs, because I'm certainly not blaming them... they kept coming back and playing, even injured. They kinda sucked, but they were there giving it their all...

It's not their fault that they got injured, and it's not Ted Thompson fault either... it's good football... people get injured playing football.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

True, but a competent GM wouldn't have stayed pat with what we've been fielding at ILB and TE for years, and it got exposed bigly by good teams. How long has it been since Bishop got hurt, Finley?

Neither Bishop nor Finley was a high draft pick. The problem is INJURIES, or lack of health, not drafting, imo.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.