beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
If you had to give out these awards to the 2017 Packers players (one on offense and one on defense) who would you give them to?

Basically if these were truly awards, who is your current prediction for the player(s) that would win said award. Also they normally spread awards out (so that the QB doesn't simply get all the awards he qualifies for). But if you want too, you can as some guys might deserve more than one. If you choose you can explain why you picked the player or just name them.

Some of the awards are offense or defense specific... also since they always get overlooks, I've also made linemen specific awards trying to make sure the linemen get some love too. (though you could also vote for the linemen in the general awards as well like in theory Daniels could be defensive MVP (just giving an example, not making any suggestions of who to put where).

If you think you got another good award don't be afraid to add it to your list.

Awards
MVP: (Most Valuable Player)
MIP: (Most Improved Player)
Break: (Break out year) (I think breakout and most improved can be two different things or same thing depending on context)
MVL: (Most Valuable Lineman) (because linemen need some love too, and normally don't get as many awards)
MIL: (Most Improved Lineman)
Rook: (Best Rookie or first year player)
Under: (Most Under Rated)
Con: (Most good consistent player that gets over looked)
Heart: (Heart of the team)

Here is a list you can copy and paste to fill in...

MVP-O:
MVP-D:

MIP-O:
MIP-D:

Break-O:
Break-D:

MVL-O:
MVL-D:

MIL-O:
MIL-D:

Rook-O:
Rook-D:

Under-O:
Under-D:

Con-O:
Con-D:

Heart-O:
Heart-D:

UserPostedImage
isocleas2
6 years ago
Awards
MVP: (Most Valuable Player) Should just raname this the Aaron Rodgers award šŸ˜
MIP: (Most Improved Player) I'm going with one of the young defenders, Fackrell, Rollins, Randall, or Kenny Clark. My money is on Rollins.
Break: (Break out year) (I think breakout and most improved can be two different things or same thing depending on context) Ty Montgomery
MVL: (Most Valuable Lineman) (because linemen need some love too, and normally don't get as many awards) I'll go with Bakhtiari, because he is so good he's going to be asked to be left on an island down after down against often the opponents best pass rusher. With the question marks at guard I think the Packers will be shifting more protection help inside.
MIL: (Most Improved Lineman) Corey Linsley, but if Spriggs has to play at tackle I think he's ready to step up
Rook: (Best Rookie or first year player) Josh Jones
Under: (Most Under Rated) I'm not sure but its usually someone on one of the lines šŸ¤£
on: (Most good consistent player that gets over looked) Bulaga?
Heart: (Heart of the team) Mike Daniels
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
MVP-O: QB Aaron Rodgers
Also want/need to mention WR Jordy Nelson and hoping Martellus Bennent can be on this list as well by season's end.

MVP-D: DL Mike Daniels
There where so many choices for this, that I went with Daniels because I feel like he could finally be getting the most help of his career from the guys around him, that he might get more one on ones and shine the most. Of course you have to mention Matthews, Perry, Burnett and Haha as well.
=================================================

MIP-O: RB Ty Montgomery
Mainly because since he's bigger, he might not have to rotate out as much as he did last year and knows and understands a lot more according to Montgomery. This one was tough, my back-up choices were the back-up WRs, in which I think Geronimo Allison could potentially improve and Trevor Davis could be an X factor with his speed, but there are too many factories for me to choice them including them losing time to the new TEs.

MIP-D: CB Damarious Randall and CB Quinten Rollins
Because hopefully they won't be injured... Randall was able to get on the field and play some, while Rollins seemed to fall completely behind as an afterthought. Hopefully not fully healthy, their play will be very much improved.

Break-O: TE Martellus Bennett and rookie RBs
When healthy, Bennett can do it all... not only can he play at a high level, but his great versatility allows the Packers to do a lot of versatile... Packers haven't had this many options in the middle, since they had BOTH Jermicheal Finley and Donald Lee. Also Lance Kendricks, could fill the whole Donald Lee mold, which means this could be the most versatile group in the middle that Mike McCarthy has EVER had (at least while with the Packers). Also rookie RBs because it seems like it normally takes two RBs, and the Packers only clearly have one... so one of them is going to get the chance to step up big.

Break-D: DL Kenny Clark, DL Dean Lowry, OLB Kyler Fackrell, OLB Jayrone Elliott and S Kentrell Brice
Maybe I have too much expectations for the young guys... but Clark had a GREAT game in the playoffs against the Cowboys (who are said to have the best OL in the NFL), Lowry flashed very good pass rush and great effort last year (and he could be replacing Peppers/Datone for the DL work that they did last year), Fackrell had great success on 3rd down pass rush before injuries and the longer NFL season wore his body out (his words, just need to get prepared for the extra long NFL season), Elliott has always had great quickness and now he's going to be getting more chances than every before... and especially since everyone around him has been injury prone... and I freakin love Brice's heart and he played amazingly in limit action... he struggled some when forced into full time action... but Brice wouldn't give an inch he made people fight for everything... a wide open WR catches the ball at the 5 yard line... Brice went over and nailed him at the 1 yard line... it doesn't matter than it's 1 yard and you're basically there, he's gonna fight you for it!

MVL-O: OT David Bakhtiari and OT Bryan Bulaga
There do a great job in pass protecting, and while Bak gets the harder job in LT, I've always argued that because Rodgers is so willing to get outside the pocket especially to his right, that makes the RT job in front of Rodgers a lot harder than normal. Of course Rodgers' escape-ability might help the entire OL... but his holding the ball extra long hurts the entire OL as well.

MVL-D: Daniels, Clark and Lowry
I've talked about them all above... and I think the Packers could have their best DL since the Super Bowl or before.

MIL-O: G Lucas Patrick and T Kyle Murphy
Even with his hand in a case, some people were arguing that Patrick played so well last preseason that he should of made the roster. If he's gotten better and can stay healthy, he could made a very strong case for himself. I believe Kyle Murphy dropped in the draft because he had different problems which hurt his positional fix and you could argue against him at any one position (while he was in the draft) but most of his problems are "coachable" or fixable if they're pointed out and he works hard on them... if he's able to fix them he could become very versatile.

MIL-D: Clark / Lowry
As seen about in breakout defensive player.

Rook-O: RB Jamaal Williams
Clearly the RBs are going to be getting the first shot and Williams was the highest offensive rookie taken in the draft. But also watch out for 1st year players G Lucas Patrick and WR Max McCaffrey.

Rook-D: S/LB Josh Jones
I think we could see Jones in some dime packages that will get us excited early on.

Under-O: OT Bryan Bulaga
I guess because he plays RT and isn't fancy I keep reading items that suggest he'll be easily replaced... it used to be said Barclay will replace him... now it's Spriggs... I don't think Bulaga gets credit for how good his pass protection really is... especially with him having to make lots of little adjustments because Rodgers likes to get out of the pocket a lot more than most QBs, especially to the right, which means the RT has to be able to swing the DE around.

Under-D: S Morgan Burnett and S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
For different reason but I'm going with both starting Safety. But Burnett's versatility has basically held different units together and the Packers defense suddenly struggles when ever get gets injured... this last year Clinton-Dix got tired of the CBs struggling and tried to help them out more, which moved him out of position... but when the CB play was decent, Clinton-Dix can be very very good back there!

Con-O: WR Jordy Nelson ... also the vet OL (OT David Bakhtiari, OT Bryan Bulaga and C Corey Linsley)
Con-D: DL Mike Daniels and S Morgan Burnett
If they're healthy, they're going to show up in a very positive way... it's simple as that.

Heart-O: C Corey Linsley, WR Jordy Nelson, TE Martellus Bennett
I've heard rumors that the Packers OL knows/realizes they're going to have to step up for Lang's attitude being gone... and it sounded like they were going to split it amount the vets guys... but Linsley seems like he's meaner than the OTs. Nelson is the quiet heart but also he's what gets thing started. It feels weird putting a FA on this list... but it feels like Bennett is going to be the anti-Nelson... while Nelson is the quiet leader, Bennett is going to be the loud one.

Heart-D: DL Mike Daniels, S Morgan Burnett, S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S Kentrell Brice, CB Davon House, CB LaDarius Gunter
I think we all know about Daniels, Burnett, Clinton-Dix leadership. As I said above in the breakout group... Brice has a ton of heart and won't give up a yard if he doesn't have to. House seems to be trying to lead the rest of the CBs and stories about Gunter have reminded me of a meaner version of Nelson style... he might not say much but he lets his actions do the talking but still his heart is all in and he'll maximum what he's got.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.