Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
Real criminals deserve what they get in a jail/prison. What many do not see is that jails hold the guilty as well as those that can't afford bail and must sit in jail awaiting justice . This places the innocent in cells with real criminals.

Additionally, while many prosecutors are good citizens, many are just building a record to run for office with and they will railroad the innocent along with the guilty. If you believe that justice for all is absolute, spend just a weekend in your local jail, even that will open your eyes wide.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Well...it is TRUE that I never spent any time in prison.
Then again, I didn't do anything to get me put into prison.
"If your not living better than someone in a jail/prison , it is either your own fault "....that's what you said, Smokey. And it is true.
I never said prison was a "vacation spot". I said it's a place where you may end up if you have no reguard for the law.
And I keep seeing crap on TV about how the poor prisoners are mistreated. That they have "rights".
I'm sorry, but my OPINION is that the moment you commit a crime against another person, you reap what you sew. Some call it "karma", or what goes around, comes around.
Are there innocent people in prison? Just ask......99% of them say they are innocent.
Yes....sometimes they truly ARE innocent.
But the huge majority got where they are because of their own actions.
What would you do? Just slap them all on their hands and set them free, so that they can make more victims of the TRUELY innocent?
We have prisons to protect the population. Yes, they are horrible places to end up.
So......if you don't want to do the time, don't do the crime!
Pretty simple if you ask me.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
Cheesey , my disagreement with another member who felt that his shipboard accommodations in the US Navy were less than that of those in a jail/prison. My point was that I had first hand knowledge of both and knew better. Like you he assumed that his second or third hand knowledge of jails/prisons made him an expert capable of comparing the two situations.

Why anyone would be in a jail/prison is not the issue. The difference between being in jail/prison and aboard a US Navy ship at sea is .

No one is saying , feed prisoners Steak and Cheesecake . No one can say that serving aboard a ship at sea in the navy is easy either. Both are less than desirable situations, but a Navy berth is leagues better than being on a floor mat with the cockroaches. Navy food is beyond better than jail/prison fare.

Yes , prisoners do shout their innocence , but the justice system is more corrupt than you know. It is way to easy to charge your neighbor with a crime and not a crumb of evidence is presented beyond somebody's word to a magistrate. Beyond that the system/public only see a person in jail, so they must be guilty . Money and not justice takes over at this point , and if you can't pay , then you really do pay .

Cheesey, you could report that you heard your neighborhood threaten to burn down a church or a school. Your completely innocent neighbor is arrested and processed into the local jail. It is his word against yours , but he can't prove that he never threatened any anything, In addition , your innocent neighbor is poor and can't raise bail, so he has to sit in jail for 60 or 90 days or more awaiting a trial . He is charged with a felony based upon your false accusations and is told by his lawyer that if he does not accept a plea to a lesser mister-meaner charge, that the judge will convict you on the felony charge.
In the end, your neighbor is railroaded into accepting the lesser charge. In addition, the judge orders a years worth probation and ten sessions of Anger management classes at $50.00 a pop in advance of each session. You must also pay the court cost as well as your lawyers fee for defending you. You spend the next year reporting to a parole officer once a month, attending ten weeks at weekly anger management classes, and paying off everyone because you could not prove that you were innocent.

It happens every day, weather you believe it or not .

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Oh, I KNOW there are people that give bogus charges.
If you can come up with a more truthful kind of system, by all means, do so.
Right now it's the best we have.
I wish we could have one that's 100% foolproof.

I remember Charles Manson on TV, saying how he had anything he wanted in prison, that's why he didn't care if he went back there. Even "sex".
Yes, he's a sicko who deserves to be there. In fact, had he got the punishment he SHOULD have got, Sharon Tate and the other people who's murders he orchestrated, might have lived long lives.
Just another of our justice system slapping a reoffending criminal on the wrist and setting him back out to make more victims.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (10h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (13h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.