Cheesey
6 years ago
As was already stated, we are all Americans!
I was born in this country, so were my parents and grandparents. Doesn't that make ME a "native American"?
Also, we all come from Adam and Eve. So we are ALL related to each other. Cut out the divisions, or we will NEVER end racism!

Of course that will never happen, as there are too many that LOVE the separation of us. It gives them something to B**CH about.

Of course those are the REAL racists.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
As usual, Barfarn is completely off his rocker.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

No personal attacks.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Been here for about 9 years and have seen and taken part in discussion on almost every topic imaginable. Keep letting one poster destroy what you have worked so hard and long to build is shameful. Hope sense takes over and the site gains back some of what has been lost.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
beast
6 years ago

PFWT is expressing the shameful loss of his own self-respect and that for his Native American People and heritage.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

No personal attacks.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

The first comment is a real personal attack questioning ones self-respect.

The second is a very calm defense in comparison...
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: beast 

Maybe so. I considered adding it in to my post. I read PFWT's post first and commented on it. BF was on the prior page. I was on my phone and it was too difficult to add it in and his posts are too long to try and quote. I was waiting to see if PFWT complained.

Barfarn you need to play nice too.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
I was expecting to read about Redskins and this is the garbage I pollute my eyes with? We can do better people, we MUST do better. If a post/comment is about SOMEONE on the site, maybe it should be soft deleted? I think so. Anyhow, discussion for another topic, another day. Today, in this topic, we talk REDSKINS football name.

I never knew it was considered "bad" until all this came up. I gotta say, I liked my ignorance, it was blissful. :-)

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Like I said before, anyone can come up with SOME reason to be "offended" by any given thing.
They have a right to voice their opinions. I never said they didn't.
But they don't have a right to force their opinions on anyone.
Voice it, then let it go.
If enough people do that, without all the uproar, it will cause change. But try to force it on anyone, and you will get nothing but someone fighting back.
JMO of course....now I'll let it go!šŸ˜ šŸ˜‚
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

Maybe so. I considered adding it in to my post. I read PFWT's post first and commented on it. BF was on the prior page. I was on my phone and it was too difficult to add it in and his posts are too long to try and quote. I was waiting to see if PFWT complained.

Barfarn you need to play nice too.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Not sure what this means. Maybe this post should go in another area; but I'm posting it here because I think this will help going forward and I believe this supports my argument..."WORDS CAN HURT."

Unlike most of the people in this thread, I've addressed the argument; never the person.

But, some identify themselves as "experts" as support for their arguments. EG. I am in the banking industry and Dodd-Frank is good because I said so. Or in this thread I am a Native American, I am not offended by "Redskin" and "If you have pride in your heritage, self respect and self confidence in who you are, NO word should be able to put you down." And of course this was used to argue that "Redskin" is an acceptable team name, because only an unreasonable person [IE one with no self-respect etc] is offended by it. Once a person injects themselves as part of the argument; they shouldn't be able to object when the argument is fully addressed.

I found this argument not only prejudicial and ridiculous; but highly offensive and responded. Anytime a person takes a characteristic or the feelings of one individual of an ethnic or racial group and promulgates that every one that group thinks like this or should think like this, is engaging in prejudice. And the opinions of Sioux Tribal Council Chairman David Archambault II wasn't quoted, Milo Theanopolis wasn't quoted, the poster quoted his own feelings and opinions as a NA to support his highly prejudicial statements.

Here effectively was the argument as I saw it: I'm NA and as a NA I can tell you that the NA people that find the word "Redskin" offensive "have šŸ‡³šŸ‡“ pride in your heritage, self-respect and self-confidence."

This is the argument I addressed, I did not address the person per se! Maybe I should have ignored it? I had no intention to respond to this thread until I read ideas that I found were false and harmful. Maybe I should have flagged it? Ive NEVER flagged anyone, ever anywhere. I believe, just as in the subject Supreme Court Case and kinda what PFWT said, "sticks and stones...names can never hurt me." If someone calls you a name, who cares? It reflects more about them anyways. Same thing goes for someone, who dismantles arguments by words, right? But, Goebbels and Ailes PROVED some thoughts expressed by words can actually propagate hate, racism and division.

The reaction by some to me is puzzling. If what was said was wrong, then argue against it. If its ridiculous, ignore it. My argument was designed to inform and educate what CONSTANT use and seeing of the word "Redskin" can mean to some; that it can evoke disfranchisement, pain and suffering, maybe horrifically because some are more affected by past and present despicable racist acts v. NAs. I see only 3 choices:

1) If incorrect, then argue against.
2) If its correct then maybe an opinion should change, "I never thought of it like that, huh, yea, Snyder should change the name;" or
3) If it correct, so what! It's our NFL tradition and if it torques off some NAs so be it.

But, to those whose emotions have gone ape shit in this thread, consider your emotions are set off by 2 comments by one person in 2 days you didn't like [And no one can articulate a counter-argument]. This immeasurably pales in comparison to what NAs have been through for CENTURIES and what they are experiencing today. How unreasonable can any NA be if their emotions may go ape shit after seeing day after day an NFL team, AN NFL TEAM, named The Redskins!?!

PS: At Standing Rock, there were a ton of people that issued slurs at NAs, I witnessed at least 2 dozen. The response was a smile/laugh/"have a nice day" and walk away an no latent muttering at all about it, never a word. The men and women I know of have as thick a skin as possible. The rumors [I nor those I was with had 1st hand account] of what the security [Later learning it was TigerSwan] and cops said where muttered about quite a bit. The rumored words of Institutional/Government officials did have a degrading and disfranchising affect. Small sample size and some behavior might have been modified by those present; but I believe its significant.
Barfarn
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: beast 

FALSE! I addressed the argument.

Had the argument been: "Person A is a NA and he is not offended by "Redskin" and he feels all NAs that are offended "have šŸ‡³šŸ‡“ pride in your heritage, self-respect and self-confidence.""

I would have said by this comment and the foregoing argument Person A has demonstrated he has no pride in his heritage, self-respect and self-confidence.

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (23h) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the menā€™s Big Ten basketball tournament. Letā€™s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsinā€™s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
56m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.