Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
It is not to difficult set GB's 2017 Starting Offense . Most will be returning from last seasons
campaign . A few new faces will be on the field ,

As I see it the following are virtual locks as GB's offensive starters :

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB1 - Ty Montgomery
LT - David Bakhtiari
LG - Lane Taylor
C - Corey Linsley
RG - Jahri Evans
RT - Brian Bulaga
TE1 - Martellas Bennett
WR1 - Jordy Nelson
WR2 - Randall Cobb
WR3 - Devante Adams

TE2 - Lance Kendricks
FB1 - Aaron Ripkowski
WR4 - ?

IMO , 14 players make up the key starters on GB's Offense. The WR4 position should result in quite a TC contest .
How many additional offensive players and their positions also remains to be answered . How many players will retained as 2nd & 3rd string players ?
Are their potential R Stars that have yet to shine at WR or RB ?

Who is on your offensive roster ? [shrug]

UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
I'm curious to see how often we'll have a TE or RB split out wide. I'm looking forward to us being more dynamic and athletic on both sides of the ball.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
beast
6 years ago

TE2 - Lance Kendricks
FB1 - Aaron Ripkowski
WR4 - ?

IMO , 14 players make up the key starters on GB's Offense. The WR4 position should result in quite a TC contest .
How many additional offensive players and their positions also remains to be answered . How many players will retained as 2nd & 3rd string players ?
Are their potential R Stars that have yet to shine at WR or RB ?

Who is on your offensive roster ? šŸ¤·
[/size]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

I think the offense is pretty much going to be the same, but I think people are over looking Richard Rodgers as an option because of the new TEs. I understand he won't be a star, but if the others can keep the Safeties back, Rodgers is pretty good at catching and boxing out defenders. He could be a good first down / move the chains / safety valve option.

Though I also expect to see Kendricks in the old H-back role like Mike McCarthy used to love to do with Donald Lee.

WR has many young guys that could potentially step up, I think just based on numbers alone, one of them has to be able to step up and play well as a #4 WR.

And I think one of the rookie RBs will be shining brightly as well, because teams need at least two RBs.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
Your list looks good Smoke, my only disagreement is I see Jahri Evans as an insurance policy and not a guaranteed starter. I think the coaches want to have Spriggs starting somewhere. Either it is at Guard or RT and push Bulaga inside.
beast
6 years ago

Your list looks good Smoke, my only disagreement is I see Jahri Evans as an insurance policy and not a guaranteed starter. I think the coaches want to have Spriggs starting somewhere. Either it is at Guard or RT and push Bulaga inside.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Bulaga was the best pass blocking RT in the entire NFL... while Spriggs struggled a lot with pass blocking against much less athletic DTs when Lang/Barclay got injured and he was forced to play at RG.

Unless someone is close to Bulaga level of pass blocking (which Spriggs was not last year), then I don't think they can even think about moving Bulaga. Plus as Bulaga has talked about, Rodgers likes mixing up the OL calls, which include looking for roll-outs in which he tells the OT to over set on purpose, trying to trick the DE inside... so Rodgers can roll out easier. That takes a lot of chemistry, talent and skills between QB and OT.

And Rodgers mostly does it to his right (Bulaga side) other than when they've been doing it often enough that the defense is expecting it... that when they switch it up and go left (which is partly why Rodgers to Cook in the final minutes/seconds against the Cowboys worked so well... Packers were doing it so often to the right (because Bulaga was able to get that DE so often, that the Cowboys assumed it again, and they went the opposite way).
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
I would love to see one of the rookie WRs or RBs step up and become GB's next Pro-Bowler . Perhaps Dupree will be that player. TC is getting closer every day !
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
What new plays or old plays would you like to see GB run this season ?

As for me , I always liked the power sweep ! [thumbup]

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

What new plays or old plays would you like to see GB run this season ?

Slant, then another Slant followed by another slant followed by another slant followed by a SLUGO.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
With everyone running the 4-2 like "Beast " says , running straight up the slot should work real fine .
Off Tackle runs , Draw plays , etc. , Ty Montgomery could have a banner season . [cool]

UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

With everyone running the 4-2 like "Beast " says , running straight up the slot should work real fine .
Off Tackle runs , Draw plays , etc. , Ty Montgomery could have a banner season . [cool]

Exactly, just like Ty Montgomery has a banner season last year! Looks like Smokey is finally learning! šŸ‘

Also add to that, the screen play with both Monty and Rip.

With the TEs, I fully expect Mike McCarthy to bring back some options he hasn't been able to use as much the last couple of years. Especially with Lance Kendricks and the H-back position, he seems like he could be the best H-back fit since Donald Lee. Actually relying on good blocks from Bennett will certainly help the running game.

Working the middle in general as well.

As well as some 2 TE sets...
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (57m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.