Barfarn
6 years ago

I certainly rarely read most of those overly verbose posts. If one can't say what they need to say concisely, they simply aren't effective communicators.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth, upon this continent, a new nation..." Lincoln should have been more concise to effectively communicate 😂.

Let's face it, when one hears “Packer fan” they don’t think Mensa. See the argument: "I didn't read it, therefore its "overly verbose." Not sure how one can know anything about an argument they didn't read and this omniscient arrogance is doubled down when they bitch about others using too many words, when they themselves us too many words. "Overly verbose" = "verbose."

Fragile Americans have become monosyllabic infant-minded twits. Many have lost the ability to argue with scholarship, integrity and class. If they’re not portending to respond by reorganizing an argument into a dishonest sound-bite; they’re ability to track and intelligently respond to an argument is completely lost.

But, then unable to intellectually respond, many lack the dignity, the grace and respect for TOS of a forum to just be silent…and instead they must exert their monosyllabic rage in an ad homonym attack. Lincoln couldn't have said it better 😂.

Look how shameful it was that NPR tweets the Declaration of Independence on America’s B-day and countess monosyllabic Trumptard twits believed NPR was attacking Trump. They obviously saw Trump’s behavior as aligning with that of King George and they couldn’t even process a series of tweets to understand the context. They saw a sentence with pronouns and being unable or unwilling to read more than 40 characters to understand what the pronouns mean, they stewed in their own ignorance. But, they were unable to remain silent; they had to exert their monosyllabic rage in an ad homonym attack. They were so sure they knew were right and won't listen to other perspectives. Such arrogance mixed with a roundhouse lack of intellectual acumen is just starkly unbecoming.

To be effective would today's Declaration of Independence have to say, “King George…bad…very very bad?”
Porforis
6 years ago

Rodgers affects every offensive play, which affects the # of plays the D has to be on the field, which affects them. So, to use your term, I think that means the QB is the center of the universe.

But, your assertion that its then contradictory to then believe Rodgers is not entitled to be an egocentric twat is a very strange argument 😂?

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Why? I don't agree that the QB is as imporant as you're making him out to be but to accept that for the sake of argument, if the entire team lives and dies with Rodgers, why shouldn't the team then revolve around him? Sure, it'd be nice if he was more diplomatic/less whiny about it but at the end of the day, if we're winning then who cares how much of a twat he is?

You gotta lose your need for blame. You cant reduce my argument to monosyllabic misrepresented sound-bites; it is way too COMPLICATED for that. Learn from Smokey: football is the ULTIMATE TEAM game. The thread is about how long Rodgers can keep playing at his current level. Rodgers' performance will determine this and he'll be graded on how he plays his role. Not by how many wins, not by stats and not by how Adams or Randall plays. You say he's been “meh;” which I guess means [as you stated earlier] that Rodgers chucks it downfield instead of making the first down once every other game, so it’s the exception, not the rule. This just not accurate.

However, you never seemed to respond to my post explaining how the concept of "rodgers just chucks it downfield all the time and that hurts the team" so I mean really, why should i need to explain this for the 40th time when people are either not going to respond to my argument or as you so concisely put it, reducing my argument to monosyllabic misrepresented sound-bytes? Yes, we all know that at the end of the day stats don't mean jack squat besides wins and losses and even then, you can't assign that stat to an individual player. But ultimately, we're forced with comparing your own PERCEPTIONS and EDUCATED GUESSES with other people's PERCEPTIONS and EDUCATED GUESSES - we can explain ourselves until we're blue in the face but at the end of the day, the only hard facts we DO have is stats. Which again, are of limited use, but they're there and valuable in the correct context.

In last 2 years; he's played disgustingly HORRIBLY at times; very good at others, great occasionally. In crunch time he never plays great, occasionally plays well and often plays poor or outright chokes.

I agree completely - the same can be said for the defense, or to a much lesser extent special teams. There've been boneheaded playcalls too. You choose to assign the vast majority of the blame to Rodgers in one breath, then switch right back to spouting out how it's a team sport. Your PERCEPTION that Rodgers is not playing HIS ROLE on the field, and thus hurting the team is based on your observation of games - however a great number of people are watching the same games as you, watching practice, etc etc etc and choose to see the situation as far more complex as you sometimes come off as seeing it. To you, when Rodgers chucks it deep, he's being a stat whore if he's passing up someone underneath. To others, they're taking into account how the offense is designed to be timing-based and are choosing to look at things in a more realistic sense. What did the coverage look like pre-snap? Did Rodgers even look at the player to know he's open? Do we KNOW what his progression on that particular play was supposed to be? If it's 2nd and 10 and you've got a 90% chance of completing a 2 yard pass with defenders in the area or a 50% chance (again, based on those pesky stats) of making a 30 yard pass, is it boneheaded or being reasonably aggressive? What happens when that 2nd and 10 becomes 3rd and 7 - does that really help the team move the chains?

Never said Rodgers was responsible for “everything” and you know it. But, in a TEAM game responsibility is never equally shared. There’s 53 guys and 160M to spend, that’s 3M per. Rodgers is making the wage of more than 7 men; for him to be worth keeping [this is what the thread is about] he has to pull the weight of 7+ men. The last 2 years, he has not. And we all know Rodgers over the last 2 years has not been able to conceal or compensate for his destructive and sociopathic traits. His ability to cope with his mental demons, especially at crunch time, is the key to his continuing to play as long as and like Brady.

You never outright said Rodgers was responsible for everything, however, in your last post I see 8 references to Rodgers. You made one reference to the defense as a whole and one to Adams or Randall. This is extremely typical of your posts, in that you keep talking about Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers and comparing him to Brady endlessly. This gives off the extremely strong impression that you are fixated on Rodgers, and invariably the only time you EVER bring up anybody else on the team, it's when someone else has first and you're trying to refute how important the defense/coaching/other players on the offense/special teams are. And 9 times out of 10 it eventually leads back to "Rodgers is a stat whoring primadonna that's chucking it deep all the time and hurting the team".

I mean, what are we supposed to think?
Cheesey
6 years ago
I guess he would need for us to LOSE Aaron Rodgers and bring in some lousy quarterback in order for him to "attack" other areas of the team.
Hopefully that won't happen for many more years.
I can wait (hopefully a LONG time in the future) for the Packers to go back to the 1970's and 80's.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
6 years ago

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth, upon this continent, a new nation..." Lincoln should have been more concise to effectively communicate 😂.

Let's face it, when one hears “Packer fan” they don’t think Mensa. See the argument: "I didn't read it, therefore its "overly verbose." Not sure how one can know anything about an argument they didn't read and this omniscient arrogance is doubled down when they bitch about others using too many words, when they themselves us too many words. "Overly verbose" = "verbose."

Fragile Americans have become monosyllabic infant-minded twits. Many have lost the ability to argue with scholarship, integrity and class. If they’re not portending to respond by reorganizing an argument into a dishonest sound-bite; they’re ability to track and intelligently respond to an argument is completely lost.

But, then unable to intellectually respond, many lack the dignity, the grace and respect for TOS of a forum to just be silent…and instead they must exert their monosyllabic rage in an ad homonym attack. Lincoln couldn't have said it better 😂.

Look how shameful it was that NPR tweets the Declaration of Independence on America’s B-day and countess monosyllabic Trumptard twits believed NPR was attacking Trump. They obviously saw Trump’s behavior as aligning with that of King George and they couldn’t even process a series of tweets to understand the context. They saw a sentence with pronouns and being unable or unwilling to read more than 40 characters to understand what the pronouns mean, they stewed in their own ignorance. But, they were unable to remain silent; they had to exert their monosyllabic rage in an ad homonym attack. They were so sure they knew were right and won't listen to other perspectives. Such arrogance mixed with a roundhouse lack of intellectual acumen is just starkly unbecoming.

To be effective would today's Declaration of Independence have to say, “King George…bad…very very bad?”

I'll be sure to get back to this . . . . 🇧🇫
Cheesey
6 years ago
"Blah blah blah....I hate TRUMP.....blah blah blah"
Even this area of the forum can't escape the constant hate speech of Barfarn.

Why don't you keep this crap in the garbage area of this site, and not corrupt EVERY area of this great site with your babble? You can't back up your dislike of Rodgers with any real factual points, so you revert to attacking the president.
Just a broken record, playing the same garbage over and over and ove.....

You hate Aaron Rodgers....we GET it already. You don't have to keep saying it over and over and ove....
Maybe YOU should be the QB of a professional football team! I mean, it's obvious YOU know more about the position then poor dumb Aaron Rodgers does.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago
10 more years!
Now quit fighting!
😄😄😄😄😄
I am right!
Actually I am the only one that I read that actually answered the question!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DoddPower
6 years ago

"Blah blah blah....I hate TRUMP.....blah blah blah"
Even this area of the forum can't escape the constant hate speech of Barfarn.

Why don't you keep this crap in the garbage area of this site, and not corrupt EVERY area of this great site with your babble? You can't back up your dislike of Rodgers with any real factual points, so you revert to attacking the president.
Just a broken record, playing the same garbage over and over and ove.....

You hate Aaron Rodgers....we GET it already. You don't have to keep saying it over and over and ove....
Maybe YOU should be the QB of a professional football team! I mean, it's obvious YOU know more about the position then poor dumb Aaron Rodgers does.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

You must have read more of the drivel than I did.
Cheesey
6 years ago

You must have read more of the drivel than I did.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Yeah....it's my own fault. As soon as I see it's a post by Barfarn I should automatically know it will end in the usual expected way.
Just check out his posts, you will see what I mean.
On second thought, don't waste your time. I pretty much summed up what 90% of the posts are.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
6 years ago

Yeah....it's my own fault. As soon as I see it's a post by Barfarn I should automatically know it will end in the usual expected way.
Just check out his posts, you will see what I mean.
On second thought, don't waste your time. I pretty much summed up what 90% of the posts are.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

lol, don't worry, I won't. But thanks for the warning.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (13h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.