Smokey
6 years ago

Yeah, that worked out pretty good for Jerry Kramer.

Originally Posted by: Poppa San 

I'm not sure who has spoken for Jerry Kramer in the past . IMO , he belongs in the Hall , but I don't get to vote . [sad]
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

I'm not sure who has spoken for Jerry Kramer in the past . IMO , he belongs in the Hall , but I don't get to vote . [sad]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Just about everybody from the 60's team has lobbied for Jerry. Certainly most of the teammates who are already in the Hall
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Just about everybody from the 60's team has lobbied for Jerry. Certainly most of the teammates who are already in the Hall

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I sometimes feel Jerry is being kept out BECAUSE all of the talk. Kind of feel the same about Colin Kaepernick too.

I sometimes wonder if there wasn't so much "OMG how can you NOT have Kramer in the HALL" talk, which btw comes off like the Hall voter people are stupid ... that Kramer would be voted in already.

I also firmly believe if there wasn't so much outcry of Kaepernick being a victim, that he would have been signed to back someone up already.

There are a lot of egos here and I don't think owners, general managers or hall voter people want to at all give the impression they were swayed by public voices. And want the sole voice for decisions to be their own.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
6 years ago
I think it's more of a case that voters feel there is enough representation from the teams of the 60s. There are 12 players and Lombardi in the Hall. Yes it was a great team but you can't put everyone in. This of course is a bit of a simplification of the issue.
UserPostedImage
isocleas2
6 years ago

No, he probably would have if he had been able to continue playing, but unfortunately he wasn't. If I look at the WR who played the same time as Sterling, which IMO would be his competition for the HOF I can't put his career above any of them and IMO there are only so many spots. Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Cris Carter, Andre Reed, Art Monk, Michael Irving. The idea that he had shit QB's is beyond absurd also and that he was so much more dominate than all the other WR I listed is also false.

Losing Sterling might have been the best thing for the Packers. It forced Favre to look for others to depend on in the receiving game.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

He had shit qbs, Don Majkowski was never anything more than an average qb who had one good season (27 td 20 ints is barely good).

Majkowski and the backups were shit qbs, and having a young Favre while better than what was before him was still rough sledding at times. Or do you not remember Holmgren almost benching him or the fans cheering wildly when he'd throw the ball away instead of another maddening interception? You could see the potential with Favre which is partly why Sharpe lead the league in TDs his last season and lead the league in receptions the two years before that (setting a record).

I've heard this fallacy before about how Favre losing his best offensive weapon was actually a good thing for him but for the life of me i'll never see how losing an all-pro receiver is ever a positive. Favre would have eventually learned how to spread the ball around the field and having a #1 receiver who could draw double coverage like Sharpe maybe would have made it even easier.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

I've heard this fallacy before about how Favre losing his best offensive weapon was actually a good thing for him but for the life of me i'll never see how losing an all-pro receiver is ever a positive. Favre would have eventually learned how to spread the ball around the field and having a #1 receiver who could draw double coverage like Sharpe maybe would have made it even easier.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

Favre said losing Sharpe forced him to go through reads more instead of slinging it at Sharpe regardless of how well he was covered. It made Favre a better QB by spreading the ball around which kept defenses from locking just one guy down. Even in double coverage, Favre was told, throw it to Sharpe.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Kramer SHOULD be in the HOF. So what if there are a lot of Packers from the 60's already in?
That shouldn't matter one bit.
If he earned it (which I think he did) he should be in, reguardless if there are many of his team mates in there too.
Just my 2 cents.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
6 years ago

Kramer SHOULD be in the HOF. So what if there are a lot of Packers from the 60's already in?
That shouldn't matter one bit.
If he earned it (which I think he did) he should be in, reguardless if there are many of his team mates in there too.
Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Hey cheesey, I am not saying he doesn't belong. If he does and he's not there the question becomes- why?

Either he belongs or he doesn't.

The only thing I can think of is the powers that be don't want any more Lombardi players.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (3h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (3h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (11h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (11h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (11h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (14h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.