Smokey
6 years ago

Yeah, that worked out pretty good for Jerry Kramer.

Originally Posted by: Poppa San 

I'm not sure who has spoken for Jerry Kramer in the past . IMO , he belongs in the Hall , but I don't get to vote . [sad]
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

I'm not sure who has spoken for Jerry Kramer in the past . IMO , he belongs in the Hall , but I don't get to vote . [sad]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Just about everybody from the 60's team has lobbied for Jerry. Certainly most of the teammates who are already in the Hall
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Just about everybody from the 60's team has lobbied for Jerry. Certainly most of the teammates who are already in the Hall

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I sometimes feel Jerry is being kept out BECAUSE all of the talk. Kind of feel the same about Colin Kaepernick too.

I sometimes wonder if there wasn't so much "OMG how can you NOT have Kramer in the HALL" talk, which btw comes off like the Hall voter people are stupid ... that Kramer would be voted in already.

I also firmly believe if there wasn't so much outcry of Kaepernick being a victim, that he would have been signed to back someone up already.

There are a lot of egos here and I don't think owners, general managers or hall voter people want to at all give the impression they were swayed by public voices. And want the sole voice for decisions to be their own.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
6 years ago
I think it's more of a case that voters feel there is enough representation from the teams of the 60s. There are 12 players and Lombardi in the Hall. Yes it was a great team but you can't put everyone in. This of course is a bit of a simplification of the issue.
UserPostedImage
isocleas2
6 years ago

No, he probably would have if he had been able to continue playing, but unfortunately he wasn't. If I look at the WR who played the same time as Sterling, which IMO would be his competition for the HOF I can't put his career above any of them and IMO there are only so many spots. Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Cris Carter, Andre Reed, Art Monk, Michael Irving. The idea that he had shit QB's is beyond absurd also and that he was so much more dominate than all the other WR I listed is also false.

Losing Sterling might have been the best thing for the Packers. It forced Favre to look for others to depend on in the receiving game.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

He had shit qbs, Don Majkowski was never anything more than an average qb who had one good season (27 td 20 ints is barely good).

Majkowski and the backups were shit qbs, and having a young Favre while better than what was before him was still rough sledding at times. Or do you not remember Holmgren almost benching him or the fans cheering wildly when he'd throw the ball away instead of another maddening interception? You could see the potential with Favre which is partly why Sharpe lead the league in TDs his last season and lead the league in receptions the two years before that (setting a record).

I've heard this fallacy before about how Favre losing his best offensive weapon was actually a good thing for him but for the life of me i'll never see how losing an all-pro receiver is ever a positive. Favre would have eventually learned how to spread the ball around the field and having a #1 receiver who could draw double coverage like Sharpe maybe would have made it even easier.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

I've heard this fallacy before about how Favre losing his best offensive weapon was actually a good thing for him but for the life of me i'll never see how losing an all-pro receiver is ever a positive. Favre would have eventually learned how to spread the ball around the field and having a #1 receiver who could draw double coverage like Sharpe maybe would have made it even easier.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

Favre said losing Sharpe forced him to go through reads more instead of slinging it at Sharpe regardless of how well he was covered. It made Favre a better QB by spreading the ball around which kept defenses from locking just one guy down. Even in double coverage, Favre was told, throw it to Sharpe.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Kramer SHOULD be in the HOF. So what if there are a lot of Packers from the 60's already in?
That shouldn't matter one bit.
If he earned it (which I think he did) he should be in, reguardless if there are many of his team mates in there too.
Just my 2 cents.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
6 years ago

Kramer SHOULD be in the HOF. So what if there are a lot of Packers from the 60's already in?
That shouldn't matter one bit.
If he earned it (which I think he did) he should be in, reguardless if there are many of his team mates in there too.
Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Hey cheesey, I am not saying he doesn't belong. If he does and he's not there the question becomes- why?

Either he belongs or he doesn't.

The only thing I can think of is the powers that be don't want any more Lombardi players.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.