Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Smokey  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 9:55:33 PM(UTC)
The Packer's second preseason game will be on August 19th (Saturday) at Washington's FedEx Field . The contest is scheduled to begin at 6:30 CST (7:30 EST) .

I don't expect to much different from the 1st preseason game vs the Eagles . I do believe that we will see more running plays as the O-lines get more practice together . Special Teams will get more Special .

I fully expect to see GB win their 2nd preseason game over the Washington Redskins .
DarkaneRules  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 7:02:34 AM(UTC)
Their offensive line looked atrocious in the plays I saw. I wonder if that continues and if we can take advantage of that.
Smokey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 5:34:14 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules said: Go to Quoted Post
Their offensive line looked atrocious in the plays I saw. I wonder if that continues and if we can take advantage of that.

Richmond , Va. is considered to be Redskin territory , even their Training Camp is located here .
As a result GB's 2nd preseason game , at Washington , will be a local TV broadcast for me . I don't believe that the Redskins are as deep as the Packers , but their Head Coach Jay Gruden has been moving them in the right direction . The reports from the local media are of course as a rule "optomistic"

Don't look to see Kirk Cousins or many of the other 1st team Offensive/Defensive players in this contest ,
much as GB and the other NFL teams mostly do . Special Teams is however a very different story for most teams. I expect to see those squads (for both teams) playing even 1st teamer's as each season replaces wholesale on ST's each new season .
Smokey  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 3:58:55 PM(UTC)
rs4397fk.png (9kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Poppa San  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 5:39:06 PM(UTC)
I hope to see Hundley show that he should be a starter in this league.
The defense show it remembers how to tackle.
Both punting units show game one was not a fluke.
The offensive line show it learned how to run block.
beast  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 6:50:21 PM(UTC)

Sounds like after a impressive game against the Eagles, and injuries to others, the CB coach wants to see more of Hawkins against better WRs and see how he does.

Hawkins has always had good ball skills, but he liked to gamble and bet on himself that he could create the edge, which is what Woodson liked to do as well, but Hawkins isn't Woodson and still has a lot to learn about when and where to go high risk... and to limited him getting burned. But sounds like he's improved since last year, so we'll see.
Smokey  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 11:48:30 AM(UTC)
I believe that we shall see more refined improvement from players across the board as GB travels to Washington for a Sat. preseason contest . Many will have experienced their first NFL game and will not be as nervous entering their second . Also, most of the veterans should have already knocked off that off-season rust and should be nearly at 100% game speed ready .

Yes, we will still see a ton of rookies/free agents , but that is Par for the preseason course and is to be expected.
I just don't want to see more injuries for either team, but that is also (sadly) a part of the game too.

Cheers!
Porforis  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 2:12:03 PM(UTC)
No injuries in the secondary in particular, plz.
Smokey  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 3:38:54 PM(UTC)
lo987yh0.jpg (10kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

LOL !!
nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 5:41:54 PM(UTC)
Smokey said: Go to Quoted Post
lo987yh0.jpg (10kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

LOL !!

In light of current political events, it might be best if we didn't gonthere right now. Unsure
beast  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 5:45:12 PM(UTC)
I wonder if the Redskins struggling against the Ravens with only 3 points total and none in the first half might change anything, such as maybe leaving their starters out there longer or something.
Smokey  
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:05:40 AM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
In light of current political events, it might be best if we didn't gonthere right now. Unsure

In light of the current events, political or otherwise , it is important to maintain a sense of humor that rises above the sheep heard. Would you have posted so if the subject were an Irishman, or a Hillbilly from Tennessee , or Two Sailors in a Bar .

I fully understand the standpoint that opposes Statues dedicated to Confederate Soldiers/Sailors/and Leaders. The way that "today's version" of the Civil War is presented , I'm not surprised by the public's reaction . Most believe that it was a war to preserve only slavery , but that was only a part of the politics of 156 years ago .

The greatest reason that Southern States banded together and separated to form a new nation was the issue of States Rights. Federalist Northern States with larger populations and greater representation in the U.S. Congress were dictating their views upon Southern States . The Southern States , being at the time for the most part an Agricultural based economy, saw itself being dictated to by the industrial/manufacturing economies of the Northern States .

At that time, Southern States like S.Carolina , Virginia , and Georgia looked upon their States very much a Independent Countries that were allied together for protection against foreign powers like England or Spain . Men like Robert E. Lee of Virginia, chose to give their loyalty to their State first . They are honored for that loyalty as military leaders . Even today, military Generals/Admirals are not honored for their political views, but their military leadership . It was/is not for political reasons that Virginia honors it's Civil War military heroes like Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee and James Longstreet . I don't protest that General Douglas MacArthur, born in Little Rock, AR. , is buried and memorialized in Norfolk , Va. .

IMO, protesting or rallying for my states historical military heroes , is an excuse to keep stirring up the political pot to perpetuate the radical views a few have made their careers around. We could love our neighbors, obey the civil laws, and honor who we please. If you feel a need to honor Richard Nixon or Herbert Hover or George H.W. Bush then go and do so. It is still a Free Country (RIGHT) ?
Smokey  
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:08:21 AM(UTC)
GO PACK GO !
Rss Feed