Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
It was a pretty good game last night. Rodgers took the team down the field like a surgeon. Bennett made a great TD catch.
The 3rd string QB, Hill, looked pretty sharp too.
The running game still needs a lot of work.
Tackling was greatly improved over last week.
Jeff Janis had a GREAT game. Ran good routes, made tough catches. If he keeps it up, he will make the team.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
All I can think about is Lowry's knee. Sure hope it's nothing serious.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
isocleas2
6 years ago

All I can think about is Lowry's knee. Sure hope it's nothing serious.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

I've been wondering the same.

Lowry + Clark + Daniels have given me hope our DL could be outstanding this year if healthy, hope he's alright.

I was talking with a friend from Green Bay a couple days ago we're both pretty excited about the season, but worry about the depth behind the starters at a # of positions. The starting D-line + Outside linebackers are excellent but a couple injuries and suddenly the pass rush may be gone.
beast
6 years ago
Positives
~ CB Hawkins stepping up
~ S Evans stepping up as well, playing quicker, smart and more aggressive.
~ Tackling was much improved from Eagles game
~ WR depth (especially Allison/Janis stepping up, they might be #4 and #5 based on games right now)
~ CB King is still raw and adjusting, but I think he looked better this game

Negatives
~ Injuries (ILB Tripp concussion, and still no word on ILB Mathews (head), S Whitehead (hip), DL Lowry (knee)... Gunter was checked for his head but they ruled no concussion.

~ Lack of Running Game / OL needs to make a hole
~ Hard to judge RBs without better blocking
~ Pass protection of whole back-up OL (especially of Spriggs)

~ Fumbles (Davis on PR... I read that King missed a jam on the gunner that first nailed Davis... Callahan trying to make something out of nothings has fumbled twice when hit instead of throwing it away... though to be honest, Callahan was able to escape last year and make some great plays out of nothing, just not escaping as well this year.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
6 years ago

I've been wondering the same.

Lowry + Clark + Daniels have given me hope our DL could be outstanding this year if healthy, hope he's alright.

I was talking with a friend from Green Bay a couple days ago we're both pretty excited about the season, but worry about the depth behind the starters at a # of positions. The starting D-line + Outside linebackers are excellent but a couple injuries and suddenly the pass rush may be gone.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

I also am concerned about Mr. Lowry's health , yet was it not for just such a contingency that Rickey Jean Francois was hired. His 8 years of experience should make him an easy plug and play DLman .

As for the Packers play against Washington , I was most impressed by the play of the 2nd String GB Defense vs Washington's 1st team Offense. It is an encouraging sign as the team approaches opening day against the Seahawks .

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago

As for the Packers play against Washington , I was most impressed by the play of the 2nd String GB Defense vs Washington's 1st team Offense. It is an encouraging sign as the team approaches opening day against the Seahawks .

[cheers]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Glad you brought that up because it is easy to get upset because for many of us all you see is the Green and Gold. Washington played their starters late and it is totally unfair to criticize a total back-up crew against a first line NFL team. To be honest for the most part on the DL they did pretty good.

Spriggs had himself a pretty terrible night, but I am hoping by the same overall analysis that with a complete second tier O-Line maybe I shouldn't be so harsh. Just hard watching the replays of him getting burned though.

I posted in the chat what I wanted to see improved was tackling and I have to admit we really improved from the first game.

At the moment just want a Lowry good news update.

uffda udfa
6 years ago
I just saw on twitter that former NFL team doc who diagnoses injuries via video said bone bruise or hyperextension per one of his followers.

There is no requirement in pre-season to report on injuries so we might not get much out of the Packers on him other than extreme vagueness. MM, today, didn't give any update on his status.

Zach Kruse posted the video of the play he got injured and added, "it looks bad".

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Welp... nothing we can do about it. Sucks that injuries are always inevitable, but so it goes.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I would temper any thoughts on this team due to the Skins game.

Washington was drubbed 23-3 by a woeful Ravens squad the previous week. Hard getting too excited about much in light of Washington's offensive woes.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Right, the Redskins, especially on offense with the interior of their starting o-line were real poor. I tell you what though... the Falcons... they look just as good already, and the Cowboys are right there. With regard to the NFC East, I honestly won't be surprised if the Redskins are in the cellar. They'll be competitive with their QB and their defense seems to be decent, but yea.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (12h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (12h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.