DarkaneRules
6 years ago
We don't get to tell Black Lives Matter what their cause should be, which I believe is supremely arrogant. It's specific to police violence and the criminal justice system on the whole.

If some of you feel passionate enough about black on black crime and want to help, create your own organization for it or join one that is already in place, which are mainly local/community-based not national organizations.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
earthquake
6 years ago
Guys, I get it. This topic makes you feel uncomfortable. Admitting that we live in an inherently racism society means we must confront our own role in society. It's easier to put our fingers in our ears and go "LA LA LA LA racism doesn't exist".

But rarely are meaningful actions easy.
blank
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Perhaps it is those who look at everything and want to believe everything is based on race that are the real racists and the real problems.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
I will first address Mr. Bennett's cartoon. He's 100% spot on. Although, how many of us complain about seeing Aaron Rodgers in commercials all the time or Peyton Manning? Personally, I appreciate commercials in the sense they offer free viewing/service. I do not like having insurance, car and pill commercials repeatedly shoved down my throat. I would rather a platform that promotes regional businesses at a discounted price per commercial break. If you have a 3 minute break, allow 2 local/regional businesses to purchase those 30 ad slots within reason and let the other 8 30 second slots go to top bidder. Imagine how much this will help the regional area businesses GROW, which adds JOBS. Guess what, more JOBS means LESS CRIME.

I'll get into that more after this.

Yeah okay cool. Systemic racism isn't real. I sure am glad you cleared that up.

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/ 

Feel free to back up your "theory" that Police brutality statics are lies, and oh yes, cite your sources as well

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

I love statistical analysis, absolutely love it. That said, we know stats lie and can be manipulated to perpetrate any "truth" or "fact" one wants to promote.

Using first graphic on the link shared. The individuals shot, do we question why they attracted police attention? Were they breaking the law? Were they simply walking down the straight and officers pulled the trigger?
UserPostedImage

We absolutely have a racial issue in this Country. There is no denying it. The question is how we do reverse it?

Ask yourself this. If we didn't see on the news black person killed, black person robbed, hispanic person raped, etc ... over and over and over again ... would we have the connection to build the delusional fear that race is linked to a crime? Do you understand this? Do you make the connection? Do you see the PROBLEM?

Why are we shared this information? Because the MEDIA feels we NEED to know. Why do we NEED TO KNOW? To be AWARE! Do you understand yet? Do you see the problem?

We see special awards for black athletes. Black specific dating sites. Even a college black hall of fame. We see statues removed. If we want to be considered equal, why doesn't it go both ways? I can't help wonder, is this helping or is this creating more racism and divide in our Country?
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
The sensationalized media pours gasoline on fires. It's what they do.
earthquake
6 years ago

Perhaps it is those who look at everything and want to believe everything is based on race that are the real racists and the real problems.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Lol are you kidding me? It's those who wish to actually discuss the problems of race that are the racists? Have you not seen the KKK and Nazis marching in the streets? Jesus f'ing Christ. Turn off Fox news and go talk to an actual black person for once in your life.
blank
DarkaneRules
6 years ago

We see special awards for black athletes. Black specific dating sites. Even a college black hall of fame. We see statues removed. If we want to be considered equal, why doesn't it go both ways? I can't help wonder, is this helping or is this creating more racism and divide in our Country?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

If that's the case then those people are more weak, insecure, and mentality inept than I could have ever imagined. Let organizations give our whatever damn awards they want to. Don't let it effect you. White supremacists have a mental disorder as far I'm concerned.
earthquake
6 years ago

I will first address Mr. Bennett's cartoon. He's 100% spot on. Although, how many of us complain about seeing Aaron Rodgers in commercials all the time or Peyton Manning? Personally, I appreciate commercials in the sense they offer free viewing/service. I do not like having insurance, car and pill commercials repeatedly shoved down my throat. I would rather a platform that promotes regional businesses at a discounted price per commercial break. If you have a 3 minute break, allow 2 local/regional businesses to purchase those 30 ad slots within reason and let the other 8 30 second slots go to top bidder. Imagine how much this will help the regional area businesses GROW, which adds JOBS. Guess what, more JOBS means LESS CRIME.

I'll get into that more after this.

I love statistical analysis, absolutely love it. That said, we know stats lie and can be manipulated to perpetrate any "truth" or "fact" one wants to promote.

Using first graphic on the link shared. The individuals shot, do we question why they attracted police attention? Were they breaking the law? Were they simply walking down the straight and officers pulled the trigger?
UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This was addressed further down the page, specifically 31% of black people killed were suspected of violent crime.

This argument in itself is absurd. What level of crime justifies killing the accused? Who gets to make the determination? What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I know there are some cases (like shootouts, armed robberies, etc) where lethal force is absolutely necessary - but in our country excessive force is a serious problem that very few first world nations have.

We absolutely have a racial issue in this Country. There is no denying it. The question is how we do reverse it?

Ask yourself this. If we didn't see on the news black person killed, black person robbed, hispanic person raped, etc ... over and over and over again ... would we have the connection to build the delusional fear that race is linked to a crime? Do you understand this? Do you make the connection? Do you see the PROBLEM?

Why are we shared this information? Because the MEDIA feels we NEED to know. Why do we NEED TO KNOW? To be AWARE! Do you understand yet? Do you see the problem?

Reports of murders commited by minorities, black on black crime, etc, have historically (and continue to be) sensationalized to paint minorities as "the other", to dehumanize, it's a classic out of the facist playbook perfected by the Nazis (I'm not saying this as to compare people posting here to Nazi's, but if you want to look at race, you have to understand your history). If we dehumanize minorities, we don't need to worry ourselves when they are disproportionately abused by the police, passed up for jobs, beaten and lynched in the streets. We paint broad brush strokes - if black teens in south Chicago and Baltimore are killing each other, black people must be inherently violent - they must be sub-human, and as soon as we accept that, we don't have to worry our conscience with petty issues like systemic discrimination or Police brutality. Don't look into the socioeconomic reasons black kids in these neighborhoods succumb to violence - they're black and out of control after all, that's all you need to know. Put a bow on it and get back to watching football.

It's a tactic we use to great effect to justify killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in the middle east. "They come from countries that support terrorism", "they are animals". If they didn't want to die, they shouldn't have been born there! This rhetoric often comes from a stance of complete ignorance, people who are completely unaware of our countries' direct role in the region's current strife, how much of this dates back to the Sykes Picot Agreement, etc. Again we have to be aware of history to start to understand racism and dehumanization.

http://nprillinois.org/post/ex-neo-nazi-sheds-light-alt-right-life-after-hate#stream/0 

Most people are not extremist, but we let extreme viewpoints filter in at what we perceive as acceptable levels. One might not want to literally lynch a black person, but there are many, many layers to the onion of racism and we dehumanize minorities in so many aspects of daily life.

This argument only makes sense if we're completely unaware of historical context. Why would we need a Hall of Fame specifically for black people? The answer is simple, black people have been treated as less than human in this country for a very long time, and continue to be. If action is not taken to specifically recognize minorities, recognition rarely occurs. This is an issue that has improved over time but that doesn't mean we can throw our hands in the air, excited with our achievements and declare racism is over.
blank
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Lol are you kidding me? It's those who wish to actually discuss the problems of race that are the racists? Have you not seen the KKK and Nazis marching in the streets? Jesus f'ing Christ. Turn off Fox news and go talk to an actual black person for once in your life.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

If you look at something, say a police shooting and what comes to your mind is racism, yes you are part of the problem. and sorry to break you biased opinion but I never watch Fox News.

Before I went into the service, I had only ever had personal contact with 1 black person, a guy that came to play pickup basketball some nights at the school gym. I went in with no preconceived assumptions about anybody. Yet almost everything I said was dissected by blacks and Latinos under the assumption of racism. I can understand why, based on them having a different background and experience than I had but who was being racist in that situation?

I spent the first half dozen years of my adult life working and serving shoulder to shoulder with people from every background racially and from every corner of the country and many from outside the country. I don't and never have looked at somebody and assumed anything about them, all that mattered what how they were able to do the job.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
earthquake
6 years ago

If you look at something, say a police shooting and what comes to your mind is racism, yes you are part of the problem. and sorry to break you biased opinion but I never watch Fox News.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

If we were talking about a single, isolated issue you would have a point, but we're not.

Before I went into the service, I had only ever had personal contact with 1 black person, a guy that came to play pickup basketball some nights at the school gym. I went in with no preconceived assumptions about anybody. Yet almost everything I said was dissected by blacks and Latinos under the assumption of racism.

Oh boo-fucking-hoo, clearly it is you who have been the victim of racism your whole life, not minorities. That's some pro-level deflection right there.

Seriously though - let's break this idea down.

A. If every minority you've ever met has responded to your comments through the lens of race, maybe there is something deeper there? Maybe you don't understand what racism actually is because you've never experienced it yourself. Maybe things that aren't offensive to you are to others.

B. If everything comes back to race, perhaps that is because racism is a day-to-day aspect of their lives? Perhaps it is a constant struggle that they have to do with, rather than a "theory" you are free to ponder in your leisure time.

In any case, a bit of empathy and introspection is generally productive.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.