Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
In Washington, GB’s 3rd offensive play; 3rd and 5. It was GB’s first 3rd and 5ish, no doubt a well practiced scripted play was called, this time from McCarthy’s Y-stick/Z-out concept.

10 guys executed perfectly. Read 1 on right is Bennett running a 1 line stick; he was open. Read 2 was Adams running a 1-line out; he made a great move and was WIDE open. Read 3 is Cobb on a deep cross right to left and he had a step on his man and Nelson running a go on left. The left side of OL stuffed the Washington’s right side pass rush. Evans did a great job turning LDT inside, while Bulaga rode Kerrigan wide. Rookie RB Williams knew his assignment and executed perfectly: in advance of slipping into his outlet route, Williams sealed off Evans’ DT from moving outside thus keeping a truck-sized throwing lane for stick and out routes. An easy first down! But Rodgers, instead of executing his reads, threw deep INC to Nelson.

This right here is the difference between Brady and Rodgers; Rodgers you selfish, glory-hounding, sociofu%^*@^%$$ing…oh wait, there’s a flag. Humm, that was a quick snap and Rodgers was bobbing his index finger up and down calmly and immediately after the INC. Rodgers knew it was a 12 man on Washington and with a free 1st correctly decided to try for a big one instead of completing a 6 yard pass. Sorry ‘bout that, that’s 10 guys executing perfectly and Rodgers executing super perfectly.

Actually Rodgers executed perfectly within the offense on this drive, PERFECTLY! Last year, in his first preseason work he forced the ball twice in the wrong spot and possibly a third [though one force to Cook might have been okay with McCarthy]. This small sample size evidences Rodgers’ head is in a better place in 2017. And this rededication is the most important thing; if Rodgers runs the Offense like this 24/7 365, Vogel will punt no more than 40 times our D will statistically be top 5ish.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I was with you until you mentioned our D will be "Top 5ish".
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

I was with you until you mentioned our D will be "Top 5ish".

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Note, I said "statistically" top 5ish. They can be top 5ish period if we have an injury year like '96; but that is a monumental, once in a lifetime "if." I expect, if we have a normal injury year, this will be a top 10ish D, but top 5ish statistically, because of the O's efficiency, which will improve the D's stats.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
We had one of the best offenses in NFL history in 2011 and I think we still might hold the record for worst pass defense that same year.

Not sure our great O will have much effect on D numbers in light of 2011's numbers.

I can't imagine this team being a grind it out ball control offense with 12 at the helm.

Glad he's rededicated because he's going to have to be even better to carry our moribund D to the promised land. Undoubtedly, injury card will be played when we're bottom third in the league.

You always seem to be higher on this D than you should be. At least we see the straw that stirs our drink the same. 12 should have one incredible season even without a great running game.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Tezzy
6 years ago
I have always had a slight annoyance at the "chip on the shoulder" persona of Rodgers. With that though I believe that Rodgers is poised to rip off a ridiculous season. He has grown into his old man strength era of a career and I look forward to plenty of \_/ in chat.

I am enjoying being high on the defense being better than last year and I see that in the availability of quality talent across the secondary.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
Smokey
6 years ago

I have always had a slight annoyance at the "chip on the shoulder" persona of Rodgers. With that though I believe that Rodgers is poised to rip off a ridiculous season. He has grown into his old man strength era of a career and I look forward to plenty of \_/ in chat.

I am enjoying being high on the defense being better than last year and I see that in the availability of quality talent across the secondary.

Originally Posted by: Tezzy 

\_/ Tezzy ,
It is rare and very great to see post from you . As for Aaron Rodger's motivational stratagem , if it works for him , then I'll be happier than a Wolf inside of a fenced off Sheep pasture. [ar]

As for GB's Defense, they will be tested right off on game #1 vs Seattle , they had better be f....ng ready on the 1st play snap . [frust]

UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
    Mucky Tundra (15h) : Yes
    Zero2Cool (16h) : No.
    Mucky Tundra (18h) : End of a Degu-era
    dhazer (19h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
    Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
    Zero2Cool (22h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    1h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.