nerdmann
6 years ago

The Packers saw several players return to practice on Tuesday, but a pair of rookies remain on the sidelines. The Green Bay Packers  finally got some good news on the injury front on Tuesday, as numerous players returned to the practice field.
A pair of presumed starters made it back on the field after sitting out for over a week apiece. Running back Ty Montgomery practiced  after missing last week’s preseason game in Washington with an unspecified soft-tissue injury in his leg, while cornerback Damarious Randall completed the NFL’s concussion protocol  and took the field for the first time since suffering his concussion against Philadelphia.
Notable in Randall ’s return to the field is that he was one of the starting boundary corners in practice, along with Kevin King. Quinten Rollins lined up in the slot with the starters today, a switch of his and Randall’s roles earlier on in camp.
In addition to those two players, however, the team also got back a host of others. Wide receiver Malachi Dupre , who also suffered a concussion against the Eagles , was back on the field along with fellow wideout Colby Pearson  who had an ankle injury.
A pair of injured defensive players also took a few snaps despite not suiting up in pads. Defensive lineman Montravius Adams  reportedly did some work against blocking sleds, while outside linebacker Vince Biegel  joined his fellow edge rushers for walkthrough work. Neither one has yet been cleared to practice fully, however, and Biegel remains on the PUP list for the time being. Furthermore, head coach Mike McCarthy said prior to practice  that Biegel will not practice this week, which rules him out for Saturday’s preseason game against the Broncos . Still, the fact that Biegel is now doing substantial work on the sidelines during practice  is a sign that he is getting closer to a return.
Finally, there is good news on defensive lineman Dean Lowry , who suffered a knee injury in Washington. McCarthy confirmed that Lowry’s injury is not serious, and even though he did not practice Tuesday, it is “not a long-term concern.” As usual, McCarthy would not go into details regarding the injury, however, but one source — the Beloit Daily News’ Josh Flickinger  — is reporting it as a sprained MCL.
There were two minor injury notes during Tuesday’s practice: a pair of outside linebackers, Nick Perry  and Jayrone Elliott , suffered apparent injuries during practice. Perry  returned to the field shortly thereafter, while Elliott came back to the sideline before the session concluded.

[/URL]      

Continue Reading @ [url=https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017/8/22/16186488/packers-injury-updates-practice-tuesday-malachi-dupre-returns-vince-biegel-remains-out]Evan "Tex" Western 

Evan "Tex" Western wrote:

Can we have the new doctor look after Vince? Pat McKenzie hasn't updated his license since like 1957.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
6 years ago

Can we have the new doctor look after Vince? Pat McKenzie hasn't updated his license since like 1957.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I've been thinking that they might be trying to keep him on the PUP list to start the season.

That way they get an extra roster spot, and a healthy OLB rejoins the team sometime after the first 6 weeks.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Thrilled Malachi is okay. When he was carted off I thought his once promising career was over. I watched him come off the field and I never saw him give a thumbs up and I was watching for it.

Mont Adams and Biegel are both likely PUP guys. I don't have high hopes Biegel will last more than a few games once he does get on the field. Have gut feeling he'll have a career marred by that foot injury.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
6 years ago
At this point I'd think about just keeping biegel on PUP. He was one of my favorite draft picks but even when he's back it'll take a while for him to get going. We need good players to be healthy at the end of the season more than we need them the first 6 weeks.
Cheesey
6 years ago
The thing is, if Biegel doesn't get on the field sometime soon, he won't be much good late in the season, as he won't have the reps a rookie needs.
Jmo of course.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Bulaga just limped off the field, so tackle has become my biggest concern for the team especially considering how poor Spriggs has looked and Barclay injured.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
nerdmann
6 years ago

Bulaga just limped off the field, so tackle has become my biggest concern for the team especially considering how poor Spriggs has looked and Barclay injured.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Shit.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
6 years ago
At least there is some time between now and the regular season opener.
Maybe the injury isn't too serious.
Plus it gives a little time to bring someone in.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago
Just talked to Mike, it's a trick to light a fire under Sprigg's behind.

[Leaving a world of delusion]

Spriggs will be better on right side! If Bulaga cant go.

Montraveous Adams was injured in first day or two of camp so he cant go on PUP!

I think Biegel should go on PUP, allow for more healing; he will still develop, though not as much, with time in the classroom and watching practice.

He suffered a Jones Fracture in same foot in 2016 with Badgers. He only missed 2 games [with a bye], he played 28 days after the injury; so I cant see any way he had surgery and nonoperative treatments have up to a 50% refracture rate.

Surgically repaired Jones Fractures in athletes have a very small % of refracture using techniques developed about 8 years ago. and usually take 8 weeks, it's been 12, so maybe him being out this long is being cautious or there were complications.

In 2012, he injured a foot in camp, aggravated it in 2nd game that ended his freshman year. He got a medical redshirt. Not sure which foot or what kind of injury so I’m not sure how it plays in; but he fell to 4th because of these injuries. At least one team pulled him on medicals.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.