Cheesey
6 years ago
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/blake-fleetwood/how-dangerous-is-police-w_b_6373798.html 

Police also make more money than most of those professions while having the option to retire in 20 years with a pension. Is it a job I'd like to do? No. But its not nearly as tough or thankless as you think.

The ones you said are not "thanked" are not people that are out on the streets every day with the very real possibility of being murdered. It's NOT a question of how "dangerous" a job is. The ones you noted have danger, and they know how to lower that danger. A cop could be shot at every time he pulls a car over or answers any call. VERY different situations then a logger or fisherman farmers and so on.
I think you already know that, but are trying to make some kind of comparison. It just doesn't work in my opinion.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Kevin, yes, it's a very real problem. However, it's not like some rampant daily murder of INNOCENT people going on.
I bet 99.9% of the "cop killing someone" thing happen because of some person deciding to NOT do what they are told, running from the cops, or pulling a weapon on them.

As I have said over and over and over, DO WHAT THE COP TELLS YOU TO DO WHEN YOU ARE STOPPED, AND YOU WON'T END UP DEAD.

How about attacking the REAL "black lives matter" problem and addressing blacks killing other blacks?
People want to ignore that very real daily murder problem in this country.
Are there bad cops? Yes. But the VEAST MAJORITY are being attacked by the people that just don't like authority figures, when they are indeed good, moral police.

I'll tell you what. I wouldn't blame the cops if they all just quit because of this B.S.
I sure wouldn't want to put my life on the line for a bunch of thankless jerks that don't appreciate the hard job they have. I'll bet if those that constantly complain about how "bad" the cops are went out for one month with them and actually SAW the abuse and crap the police put up with, they would change their tune.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Question. If police are so racist as claimed. Why is it just the black population? Why are Hispanics not getting shot at a higher rate also?

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Barfarn
6 years ago

Question. If police are so racist as claimed. Why is it just the black population? Why are Hispanics not getting shot at a higher rate also?

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Who says they're not? They haven't been brutalized for 350 years at the hands of paramilitary organizations directly or tacitly government sponsored, so their organization to protest is not quite as efficient and its not publicized as much. Perception plays in. If a Black guy gets stopped alot of people will stop what they're doing and pull out their I=Phones, some to help; some trying to make some bank. Not so much w/ Hispanics.

Go learn what the good Sheriff Joe was doing to Hispanics in AZ: Despicable! A Federal Judge orders him to stop, he Refuses, gets put in jail for contempt and guess who comes to his rescue? Now if this was happening to Blacks, it'd have been stopped long ago.

Focusing on shootings is a Fox "news"/alt-right tactic to detract from the greater problem. First, there is no telling how many police shootings/killings are never reported; or reports destroyed when it seems nobody cares. Secondly, this does not account for the thousands of other abuses are done by police EVERY day.

Some of the most blood thirsty groups are the border patrol and groups of nut job vigilantes, running around executing what they think are illegals at the border. NEVER EVER go near the Mexican Border; if mistaken for a illegal you will be first shot and then questioned. Deplorable!

Though if Trump keeps up with his DACA killing and deportation bullshit; I would guess Hispanics will start arming themselves like Blacks did in the 60's. Then you'll hear more about it.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Who says they're not? They haven't been brutalized for 350 years at the hands of paramilitary organizations directly or tacitly government sponsored, so their organization to protest is not quite as efficient and its not publicized as much. Perception plays in. If a Black guy gets stopped alot of people will stop what they're doing and pull out their I=Phones, some to help; some trying to make some bank. Not so much w/ Hispanics.

Go learn what the good Sheriff Joe was doing to Hispanics in AZ: Despicable! A Federal Judge orders him to stop, he Refuses, gets put in jail for contempt and guess who comes to his rescue? Now if this was happening to Blacks, it'd have been stopped long ago.

Focusing on shootings is a Fox "news"/alt-right tactic to detract from the greater problem. First, there is no telling how many police shootings/killings are never reported; or reports destroyed when it seems nobody cares. Secondly, this does not account for the thousands of other abuses are done by police EVERY day.

Some of the most blood thirsty groups are the border patrol and groups of nut job vigilantes, running around executing what they think are illegals at the border. NEVER EVER go near the Mexican Border; if mistaken for a illegal you will be first shot and then questioned. Deplorable!

Though if Trump keeps up with his DACA killing and deportation bullshit; I would guess Hispanics will start arming themselves like Blacks did in the 60's. Then you'll hear more about it.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

The statistics say their not. That is the entire argument about blacks being killed is that it is happening at a much greater rate than the racial demographic splits. Well that is only the case for Blacks. The rate of police shootings with Latinos match the demographics. So are we to believe police are only racist against blacks?
Barfarn
6 years ago

The statistics say their not. That is the entire argument about blacks being killed is that it is happening at a much greater rate than the racial demographic splits. Well that is only the case for Blacks. The rate of police shootings with Latinos match the demographics. So are we to believe police are only racist against blacks?

Don't know where you're getting your stats from; not the FBI, I can tell ya; but they are wrong and whatever stats are complied will be under counted. Check out how many Hispanics dont complain about wage theft; they just take it.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Don't know where you're getting your stats from; not the FBI, I can tell ya; but they are wrong and whatever stats are complied will be under counted. Check out how many Hispanics dont complain about wage theft; they just take it.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

The exact same stats that are used to make the claim about blacks being disproportionately shot and killed by police. So they are wrong.
Cheesey
6 years ago
I get tired of all the whining about shipping illegals out of the country.
If they came in legally, there wouldn't be a reason to deport them.why is it so hard for some to understand?
FOLLOW THE LAWS TO COME HERE, and you can STAY here. Break the law, and you SHOULD be deported.
The laws were made for a reason. It's to keep out criminals and other bad peoples.
The laws were made to protect the people that live here.
Just like the whole cop/shooting thing.
Follow the laws, and there would be no problems.
Too hard to comprehend???????
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

The exact same stats that are used to make the claim about blacks being disproportionately shot and killed by police. So they are wrong.

So you have no stats, you were just trying to bluff. Why in the hell would you do that? Shame on you!

In 2014, Bill De Blasio, the present White Mayor of NY, who has a Black son [Dante], said, “We have had to talk to Dante for years about the dangers he may face, a good young man, a law-abiding young man who would never think to do anything wrong; and yet, because of the history that hangs over us, the dangers he may face we have had to literally train him as families have all over this city for decades and how to take special care in any encounter he has with police officers that are there to protect him.”

De Balsio, who lived his entire life in or near Manhattan said he did not understand this until he became involved with is future Black wife in early 90s.

I’ve said this in other threads on this topic, this is one extra peril to which EVERY upstanding Black parent teaches their teenage children, in addition to drugs, drinking and sex.

Aaron Rodgers, said he doesn’t get the fear, just like De Balsio said. But over the years, he has come to know thousands of Blacks and got to know hundreds quite well. He’s heard and believes the thousands of stories these men have told.

Mindy Kaling's brother faked being black to get into med school. He didn’t just check the box; he changed his appearance and immersed himself into Black culture, he effectively became Black. He said among other things that he had no idea the hate Blacks face on a day to day basis and that he learned that Blacks have a different speed limit; he spoke of how his interactions with cops became more frequent and made in fear cops for the first time in his life.

Then we have Marty Bennett’s brother being cuffed and told to shut-up or his head would be blown off [and a gun was put to his head]. It goes so far beyond just the executions.

This is not to pass judgment; but you said you were Native American and did nothing to help “your people” as corporate big oil poisons their land and savaged their sovereignty with things like the filthy DAPL. You’re simply not outraged by it. I bet you’d rise up and protest like a madman if Trump, after expelling all the Arabs and Hispanics and imprisoning the Blacks, ordered the internment of anyone with Native American Blood. Look inside yourself and imagine the outrage it takes for thousand to rise up and protest; for Kap and Bennett not to stand for the NA. And by the way, this is not totally outrageous, Trump’s backer’s ultimate goal is to purify the White American race! And all that support his “purifying” policies need to understand: You might be next!

The issue is REAL and it’s not going away until solved and it will be solved peacefully or with violence; you decide.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Colin isn't in the NFL, boohoo. Packers season is days away. That's our focus. Thank you.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (7h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (7h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (10h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (11h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (14h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (15h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (20h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (20h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM