uffda udfa
6 years ago
This thread isn't dumb. It's a lot less dumb and more relevant than trying to guess the 53 man roster and I had no problem with that thread at all.

Don't worry, Buck. I leave when the season starts. I applaud you for handling my presence as well as you have. No F bombs and outright name calling? Bravo.

The org is not above reproach. Those who question nothing are drones. We're not meant to be drones.

This has been a primadonna team ever since the fortunate SB win. It looks as Ted fades that things are slowly changing and actually are making sense to try and get back to the show. My personal delight is rising as I feel the governor is starting to be removed from this org. There is a ray of hope beyond putting it all on 12.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Question everything.

But, can you question within reason??
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Question everything.

But, can you question within reason??

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Absolutely. It's all a matter of perspective. What you may find wholly unreasonable, may be perfectly reasonable to me and vice versa.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Absolutely. It's all a matter of perspective. What you may find wholly unreasonable, may be perfectly reasonable to me and vice versa.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Ah but that is the issue. If it is only "reasonable" to you and no one else, then it really wasn't reasonable in the first place.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Ah but that is the issue. If it is only "reasonable" to you and no one else, then it really wasn't reasonable in the first place.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

If you're referring to the board, only, then you'd be wrong. This board is it's own ecosystem. Out on twitter there are those who hammer me like Buck used to love doing, and there are those who agree with me. What seems wholly unreasonable to the group here has an audience but in your world, here, it doesn't. That doesn't make me unreasonable, yet, wholly unreasonable to YOU and THIS BOARD. That's the beauty of it to me, but, again, that's a matter of perspective. I think it's great when there is a dissenting voice amidst the crowd of sameness. Heck, here there are some more inclined to the way I think. Yoop, Rich McGeorge, dhazer, etc.

It would be nice to understand what is being viewed as unreasonable? I'm not sure what Z or yourself might be referring to?

We've talked this out before about what each of us is looking for out of Packers football. It was pretty clear back then that the majority just wanted to be entertained and if the team happened to go far in the playoffs that was just a bonus. I watch to see a team with one of the greatest QB's of all time win rings. It's won one. Meanwhile, the guy in New England has FIVE rings, so, is it really unreasonable to expect better? No. However, it is to you because it hasn't happened. So, what happens? Justification for not reaching the destination... "It's hard to win in the NFL"..."Can't win it all every year"..."At least we're not Cleveland" and the excuse for not winning another Lombardi go on and on and on. I just happen to be a fan who expects better than you. Am I horrible and unreasonable to expect more? You are free to judge and apparently have.

What I know is Aaron and Tom aren't that far apart in ability ...Aaron is superior now as Brady is playing his final holes on the back 9. What is abundantly clear is our organization is nothing compared to New England's for if it were, we'd have 5 rings and NE would have 1. Another huge difference is when this team loses year after year it's injuries...if only we weren't injured. Meanwhile, over in NE, they lose the best TE in NFL history and they win another ring. They trade off Chandler Jones ...win another ring. I'm glad for you that you find enjoyment being 2nd best. If that works for you that's great. It doesn't work for me. 2nd place is the first loser. Most of the mentalities on this board line up with the org. Imagine that! Oh, we're a great team that always has a chance...we're successful...we win the division...we go to the playoffs. In NE, that's NOTHING to them and their fans. They operate under a different level of expectation. Had they lost to Atlanta in the SB it's a wasted year to them and their fans. I can't even imagine the flowery words over here had we been Atlanta: Oh, we were so close! We'll get them next year, on and on and on. One team and fan base expects to win and demands it and nothing else satisfies, while the other loves reading it's own press clippings how it's better than most and is better than their Bears and Vikings fans buddies so it's all good.

I'm not unreasonable...your expectations are WAY too low and your ability to excuse failure and even enable it in a sense is foreign to me. Have fun this year watching a team win regular season games and then implode when it matters. We'll still be better than 8-8. Great times! Nothing short of a SB win is successful to me but just go play an old Mike McCarthy presser on what constitutes a successful season. I'll choose to adopt the Patriots mindset over ours all day every day. We aren't them and that's shameful. No reason for us not to be other than the regime we have in place is not comparable to theirs.
UserPostedImage

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
I am not referring to any one specific issue. I am not even referring to you specifically. If you look at my prior posts you will see I think there should be various points of view. Yours as well as others.
But my comment stands. Whether in real life or on a board, just because one person thinks what they say is reasonable doesn't make it so. The guy from Texas who use to spew horrendous comments certainly felt he was being reasonable.
Different points of view are what make a board interesting but just because someone can hide behind a keyboard doesn't allow them to say anything they want and claim they are being reasonable.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

I am not referring to any one specific issue. I am not even referring to you specifically. If you look at my prior posts you will see I think there should be various points of view. Yours as well as others.
But my comment stands. Whether in real life or on a board, just because one person thinks what they say is reasonable doesn't make it so. The guy from Texas who use to spew horrendous comments certainly felt he was being reasonable.
Different points of view are what make a board interesting but just because someone can hide behind a keyboard doesn't allow them to say anything they want and claim they are being reasonable.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Everyone must decide for themselves what is and is not reasonable.

I understand why someone would say I'm not. A single group not agreeing, though, is not a great barometer. There is no view I've ever shared here that would have zero traction among the entire fanbase of Packers football. There's nothing unique I'm seeing or experiencing that would make what I'm typing unreasonable. Unpopular...oh, yes! Unreasonable...oh, no.

UserPostedImage

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Everyone must decide for themselves what is and is not reasonable.

I understand why someone would say I'm not. A single group not agreeing, though, is not a great barometer. There is no view I've ever shared here that would have zero traction among the entire fanbase of Packers football. There's nothing unique I'm seeing or experiencing that would make what I'm typing unreasonable. Unpopular...oh, yes! Unreasonable...oh, no.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

As I already said, I never said I was speaking about you specifically.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (10h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.