beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
I know it's early but my mind is on a couple of items.

First, who/how do you cover WR Julio Jones?

Who's gonna get replaced by WR Allison?

Did both teams offenses get a warm up game?
As the Seahawks/Falcons and Packers/Bears have defensive coaches that once worked/studied and are similar... so both offenses will be faces similar defenses.

Will Bulaga be back?

Will Falcons be able to get a pass rush like they did in the NFC champs game going?

How did the Bears almost beat them?

Other questions/thoughts?
UserPostedImage
steveishere
6 years ago
Atlanta's offense will be tough because of the talent they have but It didn't look like the same offense without Shannahan coordinating it. We just need to tackle well and prevent YAC.

DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Their homefield advantage will be extremely hard to overcome. The protection will have to improve and we'll need to get into a rhythm quickly. We CANNOT turn the ball over.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Hard to know what to expect. If Chicago can put 17 on them and allow 23, It would be nice to think the Packers can do better. I think Rodgers and the offense will come out and score more than they did against Seattle. My concern is the defense laying an egg after a pretty strong performance.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Cheesey
6 years ago
I don't think our D will lay an egg. The Falcons will be a bigger challenge, but I feel a whole bunch better after watching our D yesterday.
Last year we would make plays on first and second down, and then give up big plays on third. I didn't see that yesterday.

If our O can get going, we should be good to go.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
6 years ago

Yeah the Falcons weakness don't play into the Packers strengths like the Seahawks offenses did, as Falcons got a better OL.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Two things......one, look at how they BEARly beat "Da Bears". I would have thought the Bears would get blown out.
Secondly, I think sometimes the whole "new stadium" puts more pressure on the home team. Look at how the Bi-Queens took us when the "new" Lambeau reopened?
In the end, they still have to play the game.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
6 years ago

Two things......one, look at how they BEARly beat "Da Bears". I would have thought the Bears would get blown out.
Secondly, I think sometimes the whole "new stadium" puts more pressure on the home team. Look at how the Bi-Queens took us when the "new" Lambeau reopened?
In the end, they still have to play the game.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Also how the Vikings beat the Packers in week 2 when their new stadium had it's stadium home opener.

Packers haven't done well in stadium openers.

But yeah the Bears had 19 runs to 40 throws and gave up 4 sacks... and honestly, it looked as if the Bears show of won the won... as they dropped 3 goal line passes which might of been touchdowns, had to go for it on 4th and gave up their 4th sack.
UserPostedImage
isocleas2
6 years ago
The Packers offense was really clicking in the 2nd half if Bulaga is ready to go I think the Packers will score more than people think. They want to exorcise some demons in Atlanta imo.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

I know it's early but my mind is on a couple of items.

First, who/how do you cover WR Julio Jones?

Originally Posted by: beast 

Double team him or it will be a very long and disappointing day.

Who's gonna get replaced by WR Allison?

The clue is in the gameday inactives for week 1.

Montravius Adams DT Inactive As a 3rd round pick it won't be Adams.
Bryan Bulaga OT Inactive The starting RT, it won't be Bulaga.
Aaron Jones RB Inactive Even though there are plenty of RB ahead of him, it won't be Jones. He is better than most of the other players on the inactive list.
Lucas Patrick OG Inactive It won't be Patrick. With the potential for injuries you can't afford to get too thin on the OL. He may go when Bulaga shows he can play and Spriggs and Murphy step up until then, one more bullet in the gun as Teddy likes to say.

That leaves Dial, Hawkins, Pipkins

Quinton Dial DT Inactive I doubt it will be Dial. They just signed him and will want to give him 2-3 weeks minimum to see what they have. While it as been done before, it's pretty rare that you sign a player one week and release him the next. Even Knile Davis Stayed two weeks and had a conditional draft pick tied to him.
Josh Hawkins CB Inactive More than likely ranks higher than Pipkins.
Lenzy Pipkins CB Inactive Which leaves Pipkins as the most likely to be released.

Of course this is not a perfect way to decide. There is also Raysean Pringle, Daquan Holmes and Donatello Brown to consider. Based on his age, at 26, Brown is the oldest and perhaps least likely to improve much more. I didn't see anything from any one of the CBs. I can't say if they contributed on ST or not. I will stick with Pipkins.

Did both teams offenses get a warm up game?

As the Seahawks/Falcons and Packers/Bears have defensive coaches that once worked/studied and are similar... so both offenses will be faces similar defenses.

Perhaps. GB certainly had the more difficult opponent.

Will Bulaga be back?

Yes but I thought he would play last week so what do I really know?

Will Falcons be able to get a pass rush like they did in the NFC champs game going?

No. That was last year.

How did the Bears almost beat them?

"On any given Sunday." If they played Chicago again they would probably win in a laugher 15 out of 20 times.

Other questions/thoughts?

Of course there are but this will do for now.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (17h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.