Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
Rodgers played great [Most throws were just a little off, the INT one to Kendricks was quite a bit off] until the last drive of 1st half. Before then, could criticize his refusing the offense on one third down, he took for a sack. He should have thrown the underneath and hoped a tackle or 2 could be broken. But, they were punting anyways, so the decision not to throw probably only cost a little field position, and he did give himself a chance to make first. Not the end of the world.

But starting the last drive Rodgers has gone full on Doppleganger. His scramble outside was 100% stupid, where he was ankle talked by LB was 100% stupid. He needed to make the 5 yard play to Bennett or Nelson.

On 2nd and 10 at about 3:17; he took another sack with trying to get the ball to Jordy, who was the ONLY guy covered. Of course the dumbass announcers said they were all covered.

On the ensuing 3rd and 16; he hit Adams; but saw very too late; this is a by product of not playing much, not Dopplegangerism. But, he should know his lack of play creates limitation with reading the Ds and his accuracy. This makes it all the more important for him to play within the offense.

Rodgers deep to Adams. On 1st down at 2:00 was again stupid impatience and it killed the drive. And did you see the CB look at Adams and then jump into him while looking back, I heard about this. THAT WAS INTENTIONAL! These cheating scum are pushing the intent of the rules. McCarthy needs to have a conversation about this w/ the officials.

Note: That play to Graham where blocked Perry deep behind LOS and the Wilson flipped to him; that was a designed play, not a broken scramble.

Once lacy was open in flat and Wilson missed him; this better get fixed.

Fucking Time out again and end of first half…I want to cry!!! Especially on 2nd and 7; if you stop ‘em there’s only time for a punt return, if that…100% stupid. McCarthy for a genius is a thick headed dumbass moron on this. Get off the field; the D doesn’t need the extra plays, even if they don’t make the first.
Porforis
6 years ago
R-E-L-A-X.

Also Rodgers is not Jesus. Every QB screws up a dozen plus times a game.
DoddPower
6 years ago

R-E-L-A-X.

Also Rodgers is not Jesus. Every QB screws up a dozen plus times a game.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Aaron Rodgers has to be flawless at all times and never make any mistakes, just like all the other highly-paid QBs in the league, right?

I'm not sure why so many build Aaron Rodgers up to be a God. He's a great QB, but he definitely has weaknesses. So what. I'm still glad the Packers have him.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Its not just me, it seems again that the majority of our offense is not a result of design, its a result of extended and busted plays. Granted it was against one of the best defenses in the league traditionally. Would be nice to see more offensive production being a result of on time throws of a designed plays and less of making something out of nothing by the WR and Rodgers.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Poppa San
6 years ago

Fucking Time out again and end of first half…I want to cry!!! Especially on 2nd and 7; if you stop ‘em there’s only time for a punt return, if that…100% stupid. McCarthy for a genius is a thick headed dumbass moron on this. Get off the field; the D doesn’t need the extra plays, even if they don’t make the first.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

You really need to learn a bit of the wierd rules in the rulebook before you rant in public.  Stop them and they punt for the last play of the half.  From where they were, a fair catch at around the 40 was not out of line.  No matter if the time had expired, with a fair catch, you get a shot at a free kick.  MM was playing for a 70-75 yard field go after the half had expired.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I awoke this morning with a headache. I still went to work. She went back to sleep.
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

You really need to learn a bit of the wierd rules in the rulebook before you rant in public. Stop them and they punt for the last play of the half. From where they were, a fair catch at around the 40 was not out of line. No matter if the time had expired, with a fair catch, you get a shot at a free kick. Mike McCarthy was playing for a 70-75 yard field go after the half had expired.

Originally Posted by: Poppa San 

Not sure if you’re kidding. LOL If Seattle doesn't get first, they wouldn't have needed to punt at all.

McCarthy did this in 2008 and Mason missed a 69 yarder against the Lions. It was a December game, so Mason might have been able to get 70-75 if it was warm…10 years ago!

Notwithstanding that the odds of scoring 3 on a 75y FK is much less than Seattle getting into FG position w/ :38-39 an 1 TOs. Plus, Lockett will be back there to return a short FK.

If the FK is what you’re after; the smart thing to do is use the TOs on 2nd and 3rd down. Theoretically, the same amount of time will run off ether way. The last play will either be a FK [If they don’t make 1st] or a kneel or Hail Mary with a few seconds left [If they do make first].

As it was Seattle ran the play w/ :43 seconds left. It is impossible for a regular running play to be run and the ball set in 3 seconds. Which means Seattle could have just run out the clock before punting. Mike McCarthy needs think about this and be ready to NOT call the TO if the clock is under 45.

And of course, if the D makes a big stop on 1st down, and no TO is called , the half ends. No more D energy is expended. But by calling the first TO the D was sentenced to expend energy on at least 2 more plays or in this instant, 6 more D plays and 1 ST play. In the game McCarthy added 15% more work on the D by this call. Calling the TOs when he did was patently STUPID.

Wilde wanted to bust McCarthy on this at the post game PC; but he just wasn’t prepared.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
I hated it when Mikey used the TOs but the defense had been pretty dominate up until then. The problem was 1) going into a prevent defense. 2) Not having anyone watch Wilson. Pulling the LBers in favor of more DBs caused this problem.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
6 years ago
This is McCarthy's signature move... Use a timeout at the end of the half when the opposing team is clearly running out the clock. All of a sudden the opposing team team scores...
blank
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
I have no issue with the Time outs at the end of the half, There is always complaining about McCarthy being conservative, then when he isn't you all complain about that as well. You have them deep in their own territory, you want to make them run the plays. It didn't work out in our favor, but there is always something that could happen when they have to run a play rather than take a knee. Stop the run short and an offensive penalty stopping the clock and they have to punt giving us the ball back close to midfield with 20-25 seconds for Rodgers. Make them run a play and there could be a botched snap, or bad hand-off, or just a fumble.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Bigbyfan
6 years ago

I have no issue with the Time outs at the end of the half, There is always complaining about McCarthy being conservative, then when he isn't you all complain about that as well. You have them deep in their own territory, you want to make them run the plays. It didn't work out in our favor, but there is always something that could happen when they have to run a play rather than take a knee. Stop the run short and an offensive penalty stopping the clock and they have to punt giving us the ball back close to midfield with 20-25 seconds for Rodgers. Make them run a play and there could be a botched snap, or bad hand-off, or just a fumble.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Or.... the other team can add extra points before the half. Thats normally the case.
blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (9h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (9h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (20h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (20h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.