beast
6 years ago

What did he say?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

“I love our fans. They’re very passionate and ‘The Wave’ is pretty awesome,” Rodgers said. “Just hold it until we’re on defense.”

Rodgers wrote:

“The energy at Lambeau today was awesome. Our crowd was so excited, even cheered when we had the ball. So I think it kind of shows you that we all have some work to do.”

McCarthy wrote:

Either let the fans in for free or shut up! They're the paying customers, their the ones that pay for your million dollar salaries. If they want to express themselves, then let them!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

What said in a nice way was for the fans to stfu when on offense.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nflvideos/packers-postgame-press-conference/vi-AArFO0F 

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

"Our fans are pretty awesome, pretty passionate, the Wave was awesome ... just hold it until we're on defense" (paraphrasing, might not be word for word but you get it)

That's awesome. Fans are great.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
6 years ago
Astounded at the response in thread. Anyone opposed to not making our offenses job harder is a fucking tool. It's common knowledge you are quiet so your offense can function and loud so the opponents offense can't. Idiots.
packerfanoutwest
6 years ago

Astounded at the response in thread. Anyone opposed to not making our offenses job harder is a fucking tool. It's common knowledge you are quiet so your offense can function and loud so the opponents offense can't. Idiots.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Yes, I am amazed how ignorant some "fans" are. Getting louder means to get louder when the opponent has the ball.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Can't believe how big pansies people are becoming. Players once played better when they were being cheered for. Now we get speakers in the helmet and they cry because of noise.

Put on the big boy pants, shut up and be glad people show up to cheer for you getting paid to play a game.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
beast
6 years ago

Yes, I am amazed how ignorant some "fans" are. Getting louder means to get louder when the opponent has the ball.

Your pretty freaking ignorant yourself. Bitching about fans cheering for their own team... That's pretty stupid... Fans do cheer for their team.

If someone gives their hard earned money to cheer for their team they should be allowed to. Just like Packers get to boo the other team.

This isn't a dictatorship where you get to control everyone's reaction.
UserPostedImage
packerfanoutwest
6 years ago

Your pretty freaking ignorant yourself. Bitching about fans cheering for their own team... That's pretty stupid... Fans do cheer for their team.

If someone gives their hard earned money to cheer for their team they should be allowed to. Just like Packers get to boo the other team.

This isn't a dictatorship where you get to control everyone's reaction.

Originally Posted by: beast 

So tell us why Rodgers, Montgomery and Adams were waving for the fans to be quiet. Cheering for your team by yelling, screaming while the qb is trying to call the play is asinine.
beast
6 years ago

So tell us why Rodgers, Montgomery and Adams were waving for the fans to be quiet. Cheering for your team by yelling, screaming while the qb is trying to call the play is asinine.

Almost as asinine as trying to dictate to happy fans celebrating and having a good time to be get loud, then be quiet, then get loud, then be quiet...

They can't be Goldilocks out there... it's too loud, it's too quiet... and then bitch when it's not perfect... the team asked for louder crowds and they got'em!

There are other teams, that if they sellout, that means the other team is gonna have more fans at the game rooting for the road team. The chargers have had to go silent count at home, especially when the Steelers or Packers visit... a number of the Florida teams too! Because more road fans show up than home fans!

When your home stadium crowd has more road fans than home fans... then I feel sorry, but happy fans cheering for you? No! ... take less money and demand a smaller stadium if that's what you want... but that's the opposite of what almost all players and teams are doing.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
6 years ago
It's not a question of whether or not fans have the right to cheer when they want to but is it the right thing to do if it disrupts the communication between the players?
It seems like a simple answer to me.

As much up tempo and no-huddle that Arod likes to go with it would seem obvious that he would like to be able to be on the same page with the offense. This is in essence a factor in why there is a home field advantage is it not? Make it hard for the other guys...not ours. McCarthy talks often about road games at stadiums where the crowd is traditionally very loud and the communication challenges they have to work on to prepare for it. Expect in spades this week against Atlanta in that new stadium.
Maybe they need the practice? Yeah right.

"The train is leaving the station."
beast
6 years ago

It's not a question of whether or not fans have the right to cheer when they want to

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

That disagrees with the first first subject/post that says they "need to stop" and that tickets should regulate it when fans should cheer.

but is it the right thing to do

If they're paying the bills and that's what they want to do, then yes.

(even) if it disrupts the communication between the players?

Again, if they're paying the bills and that's what they want to do, then yes.

It's their money that they're spending to have a good time... then let them have a good time.

To be clear, I'm not saying it's smart (that's a whole different subject), but it's their right to do it, and if they've paid their way then it's also the right thing to do... getting their entertainment out of the money that they have paid for (that's the role as a customer, to try to enjoy what you're paying for, to the best of their abilities).

Just like customers at zoos have the right to try and interact with the animals. As paying customers it's right thing to do to get your entertainment value out of it (unless rules prohibit it, which you're claiming this post is not trying to do here)... but it's not smart to do.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.